Benzyl Chloroformate Market: Highlights
- Benzyl chloroformate, also known as benzyloxycarbonyl chloride, is a clear light oily liquid. Its color varies from yellow to colorless. It is prepared by dropping benzyl alcohol into liquid phosgene at −20°C in the laboratory. Benzyl chloroformate has strong odor.
- Benzyl chloroformate is widely used as a reactive chemical intermediate in plastic, pharmaceutical, and agrochemicals, especially for some carbamates that are used as herbicides, insecticides, sprout inhibitors, fungicides, and biocides. It is useful for the introduction of carboxybenzyl (cbz) protecting group for amines such as aniline in organic synthesis. Benzyl chloroformate is also employed in the synthesis of 1,2,4-oxadiazoles.
Key Drivers of Benzyl Chloroformate Market
- Rise in usage of fungicide in the agriculture industry is expected to drive the demand for benzyl chloroformate during the forecast period. Fungal infection is one of the major concerns for farmers, as it adversely affects the quality and productivity of the produce. Fungal infections are one of the leading causes of crop loss worldwide. Fungal diseases of vegetable plants are especially unfavorable for vegetable gardeners and farmers. Hence, vegetable gardeners and farmers use fungicide treatments, which are essential and more efficient in preventing the spread of fungal infections.
- Benzyl chloroformate is frequently used as a reactive chemical intermediate in fungicide. It is is extensively used on cereal crops, vegetables, and fruits. Thus, rise in usage of benzyl chloroformate as fungicide in agricultural applications is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
Benzyl Chloroformate Market: End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global benzyl chloroformate market can be segmented into agriculture, pharmaceutical, plastic, and others
- The agriculture segment is projected to account for significant share of the global benzyl chloroformate market during the forecast period. Global initiatives to improve agricultural productivity and rise in awareness about organic farming are expected to positively impact the benzyl chloroformate market during the forecast period.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, pharmaceutical and plastic segments are anticipated to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of demand, the others segment is estimated to expand at a moderate to high pace in the near future.
Benzyl Chloroformate Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy. It has adversely affected various industrial sectors by hampering the supply chain. Purchase and consumption behavior have changed significantly across various sectors with months of consumer lockdown and closure of international supply chains and retail businesses. This has adversely impacted the global benzyl chloroformate market.
- The combination of extended lockdowns in developed market economies and domestic social distancing has deepened the adverse impact on emerging market economies. The agriculture industry has also been impacted by the extended lockdowns. This, in turn, has negatively affected the global benzyl chloroformate market.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Benzyl Chloroformate Market
- In terms of region, the global benzyl chloroformate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the U.S. aims to promote investments in its end-use industries. This is estimated to boost the benzyl chloroformate market in the country.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held major share of the market in 2019, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is a highly promising region of the global market. This trend is expected to continue in the next few years. This is due to the large consumption in agrochemical industry, particularly in China and India. Increase in demand for agrochemicals in various countries of Asia Pacific including China, India, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea has made the region the largest consumer of benzyl chloroformate.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. The market in the UAE also exhibits significant growth. This is projected to drive the demand for benzyl chloroformate in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Global Benzyl Chloroformate Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers in Market
The global benzyl chloroformate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global benzyl chloroformate market include:
- Choice Organochem LLP
- BASF SE
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Arab Potash Company
- MERYER CO., LTD
- Atul Ltd
Global Benzyl Chloroformate Market, by End-user
Global Benzyl Chloroformate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.