BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market: Introduction
- BCL-2, also known as B Cell Lymphoma 2, is a protein encoding gene belonging to the B cell lymphoma family. This protein is considered to be an outer mitochondrial protein membrane, which functions as a signaling pathway to further control the mitochondrial permeability against the apoptotic stimuli response. Aberrant expression and translocation of chromosomes are considered to be cancer symptoms in various tissues. The BCL-2 family comprise the 25-apoptotic and anti-apoptotic members that maintain a balance between new forming cells and old dying cells.
- Venetoclax is the only and fist approved FDA BCL-2 inhibitor drug for chronic lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL) patients. Although various clinical trials are being carried out for the development of new BCL-2 inhibitors.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market
- There is a rise in the prevalence of Diffuse B cell Lymphoma (DLBCL), a common type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. As per Lymphoma Research Foundation article, in 2019, in the U.S., DLBCL accounted for 22% of new diagnosed B cell lymphoma cases. Each year, 18,000 people are diagnosed with DLBCL globally. This B cell lymphoma affects people over 60 years of age. As per the American Cancer Society's, in the year 2019, 20,720 people are estimated to be diagnosed with CLL. Moreover, 90% of the people diagnosed with CLL are estimated to affecting people above 50 years of age. In the U.S., 2,220 men and 1,710 women are expected to be suffering from CLL every year. Moreover, as per the American Cancer Society, about 3,930 death are expected to take place in 2019.
- Governments of developed and developing countries are initiating awareness campaigns to reduce mortality and morbidity rates. This is expected to boost the demand in the effective cancer treatment. For instance, Public Health England, an executive agency of the Department of Health in the U.K., started “Be Clear on Cancer” campaign aimed at improving early diagnosis of cancer by holding the public awareness program. In April 2016, the U.S. Government allocated US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI), a Federal Government agency, for cancer research and training. The budget increased by 5.3% as compared to the previous year. NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer.
- Availability of BCl-2 inhibitors is limited, the first and only approved drug for the BCL 2 inhibitor is Venetoclax. The FDA approved this drug as a second line treatment for CLL. This limits the availability of treatment to physicians and patients globally.
Combination Therapy a Preferred Treatment for CLL
- Venetoclax is the only selective inhibitor of the BCL-2 for the relapsed /refractory CLL with 17p deletion depending on the high response rate and safety profile. The inhibitor belongs to the BH3-mimetics class, which is an emerging and novel compound class for the treatment of the BCL-2 indication.
- Various clinical settings have proved the combination of Venetoclax with other compounds successful in treating the BCL-2 indication. Venetoclax is expected to be used in combination with other agents. As compared to monotherapy, the usage of Venetoclax in combination with other drugs reduces adverse events in patients of nausea, diarrhea, thrombocytopenia, and others.
North America to Lead Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market
- In terms of region, the global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) inhibitors market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global BCL-2 Inhibitors market, owing to rising cases of CLL and hematology malignancies patient pool. Moreover, approval for Venetoclax in the region, along with combination with other drugs is likely to the drive the market in the region. Ongoing strategic collaborations are also anticipated to fuel the development of the North America BCL-2 inhibitors market. Technological advancement and investments in research & development will propel the market in the region.
- Campaigns for creating awareness about CLL and treatments are likely to boost the demand for BCL-2 inhibitors
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market
The global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) inhibitors market is competitive and key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- AbbVie Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Other prominent players
Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market: Research Scope
Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market, by Indication Type
- Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)
- Follicular Lymphoma
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL)
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market, by Product
- Combination Therapy
Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global BCL-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2) Inhibitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.