BCG Vaccines Market: Introduction
- Currently, BCG vaccine is the only available vaccine for tuberculosis (TB). It helps prevent tuberculosis (TB) in adults and children who have tested negative for a tuberculin skin test. Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease caused by bacteria known as nontuberculous mycobacteria. Interferon-Gamma Release Assays (IGRAs) are a type of blood test used to detect the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB).
- In several countries with a high prevalence of tuberculosis, BCG is used to prevent tuberculous meningitis and miliary disease in children. Unlike most other vaccines, the BCG vaccine does not require the use of a needle and syringe. Instead, the BCG vaccine is a liquid that is applied directly to the skin on the upper arm. The vaccine is subsequently delivered into the shallow layers of the skin using a multi-pronged needle system that pricks the skin through the liquid.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global BCG Vaccines Market
- The BCG vaccine market is expanding due to an increase in the number of TB cases worldwide, rapid advancements in technology in the field of medical research on vaccines, and favorable government policies with increased funding. Several online and offline campaigns, aimed at informing the masses about proper vaccination, have come to the fore in the last few years. This is a key factor that has been boosting the global BCG vaccine market for the last few years.
- Newborns are highly susceptible to several infections and viruses. Therefore, numerous newborns suffer from tuberculosis and other similar diseases. This has propelled the global BCG vaccine market. Moreover, the presence of a separate domain for vaccination within healthcare has also boosted the global market. Consequently, the global BCG vaccines market is estimated to expand significantly in the near future.
- However, the demand is projected to be restrained by vaccine side-effects and a global shortage of BCG vaccines. Furthermore, several companies are focusing on promoting immunization programs in order to gain a competitive edge over others. This factor is expected to fuel the global BCG vaccine market in the next few years.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide has impacted all sectors, including healthcare. The BCG vaccine market is impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19, which includes a significant decline in demand due to a lack of visits to healthcare facilities such as hospitals and clinics. The spread of the coronavirus also affects workforce and staff shortages as well as procedural prioritization. This has an negative effect on the BCG vaccine market since planned primary care visits at hospitals are canceled, indicating patients' concerns about infection.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global BCG Vaccines Market
- North America is anticipated to account for a major share of the global BCG vaccines market during the forecast period owing to government policies and an increase in focus on immunization programs
- Moreover, the prevalence of bladder cancer is growing in this region, resulting in an increase in demand for BCG vaccine in the treatment of bladder cancer. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), bladder cancer affects about 57,000 men and 18,000 women in the U.S. each year, with around 12,000 men and 5,000 women dying from the disease.
- The BCG vaccines market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to an increase in expenditure on healthcare coupled with advancements in vaccines.
Key Players Operating in Global BCG Vaccines Market
The global BCG vaccines market is highly concentrated, with the presence of large number of key players. These players hold major share in their respective regions.
Major players operating in the global BCG vaccines market are listed below:
- AJ Vaccines
- BB-NCIPD Ltd.
- Biomed Lublin S.A.
- InterVax Ltd
- Japan BCG Lab
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd
- Sanofi S.A.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Global BCG Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global BCG Vaccines Market, by Drug Type
- Immune BCG
- Therapy BCG
Global BCG Vaccines Market, by Usage
- Bladder Cancer
Global BCG Vaccines Market, by End-user
Global BCG Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.