Battlefield Management Systems: Introduction
- A battlefield management system is a system that integrates information acquisition and processing to enhance control of military units
- Battlefield management systems provide reliable operational information in real-time that enables a faster decision process by commanders at all echelons
- These vital systems are also used for a variety of non-combat operations including the coordinating of resources in intelligence gathering and humanitarian assistance
- By system, battlefield management systems are classified into computing; communication & networking; and navigation, imaging, and mapping
- Battlefield management systems are used in three types of defense fields - army, navy, and air force
Growing Demand for Battlefield Management Systems in the Defense Field
- Battlefield management systems are largely used in the defense industry as it provides the capability to identify, process, and analyze critical information from various sources to decision makers during missions
- Adoption of battlefield management systems enable countries to improve their defense infrastructure. Use of battlefield management systems provides a competitive edge over opponents.
- The exponential adoption of battlefield management systems in the defense industry can be attributed to the need to track real-time location and movement of enemy forces
- Furthermore, with increase in investment from governments of various countries, multiple manufacturers are engaged in development of technologically advanced battlefield management systems in such a way that it offers real-time situational awareness information for strategic decision making
- Demand for battlefield management systems in the defense industry is growing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of development and adoption of these systems into defense capabilities of any nation is expected to moderately restrain the growth of the battlefield management systems market during the forecast period
North America to Lead the Battlefield Management Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global battlefield management systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global battlefield management systems market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of battlefield management systems operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in battlefield management systems, which is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The battlefield management systems market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Battlefield Management Systems Market
The global battlefield management systems market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for battlefield management systems. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global battlefield management systems market are:
- ASELSAN A.S.
- Atos SE
- BAE Systems
- Collins Aerospace
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Leonardo S.p.A.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Saab AB
- Thales Group
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market, by Component
- Communication Devices
- Imaging Devices
- Display Devices
- Tracking Devices
- Computer Hardware Devices
- Data Distribution Units
- Night Vision Devices
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market, by Solution
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market, by Platform
- Armored Vehicles
- Headquarter & Command Centers
- Soldier Systems
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market, by System
- Communication & Networking
- Navigation, Imaging, and Mapping
Global Battlefield Management Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.