Bath & Body Products – Introduction
- The bath & body products market study focuses on commodities that are used by consumers for bath & body care purposes. Shower gels, soap bars, bath bombs, body butter, body lotions, and body sprays are some of the products belonging to this group.
- A gradual shift has been noticed in adoption of organic and cruelty-free personal care products instead of conventional products, as consumers continue to become more conscientious regarding their lifestyle choices, further resulting in transformation of traditional notions of beauty and personal care
- In addition, consumers these days are also proactively taking responsibility of their well-being, which in response has led to emergence of bath & body care categories such as anti-pollution, sleep, and self-care
- Demand for bath & body products composed of organic and natural ingredients is expected to bolster in the coming years
Growing Demand for Eco-Friendly Bath & Body Products to Drive the Global Market
- In the past five years, production of vegan bath & body products experienced growth of more than 170%.
- Emphasis on organic credentials is the key strategy adopted by majority of manufacturers worldwide, and has enabled them to keep pace with the changing consumer preferences influenced by the transforming lifestyle of the masses
- In the year 2018, it was found that nearly 40% of the population in the U.K preferred to buy natural and organic body care products, because according to them, these products were better for the environment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growth Opportunities for the Market Aligned with Rising Trend of Premiumization in Developing Nations
- Premiumization coupled with expansion of luxury products in Canada, China, India, and some of the Latin American provinces is likely to create new opportunity for products that offer more health and wellness benefits
- Although luxury bath & body products account for smaller share, they are likely to attain noteworthy growth pace owing to growing count of affluent shoppers, channel expansion, and premiumization
Product Packaging a Major Challenge to the Market
- While marketers encourage the adoption of natural and organic products, they face significant challenges in terms of developing product packaging that is sustainable and eco-friendly
- Majority of the bath & body products available in the market come with single use plastic packaging, which presents the biggest challenge to the market
- A study from one of the major bath & body products brand found that more than 4 million people across the globe did not recycled their bathroom products, because it was inconvenient for them
- Binning of these waste directly contributes to the growing number of landfills/litters
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Bath & Body Products Market
- In terms of geography, the global bath & body products market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the bath & body products market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The bath & body products market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018 in terms of sales; however, in terms of maturity, the region lags behind North America as well as Europe. This provides market players with room for growth in the near future
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Latin America and Europe during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Bath and Body Products Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Bath & Body Products Market
The global bath & body products market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global bath & body products market are:
- Avalon Natural Products, Inc.
- Bath & Body Works
- Unilever Plc
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Clinique Laboratories, LLC
- Procter & Gamble
- Henkel Corporation
Global Bath & Body Products Market: Research Scope
Global Bath & Body Products Market, by Product Type
- Bath & Shower
- Bubble Bath Product
- Shower Gels/Body Wash
- Body Bar
- Bath Additives
- Bath Accessories
- Body care
- Body Butter/Balm
- Body Cream/ Lotion
- Body Scrub
- Others (Body Glitter, Massage Oils, Etc.)
- Body Spray/Mist
- Perfume & Cologne
- Other Toiletries
- Personal Cleansing Products
- Depilatories, Waxes, & Bleaches
- Shaving Products
Global Bath & Body Products Market, by End-user
Global Bath & Body Products Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct to Consumer Platforms
- Third-party Platforms Machinery
- Departmental Stores
- Discount Stores
- Others (Mom & Pop stores, etc.)
Global Bath & Body Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.