Ball Bonder Machine: Introduction
- Ball bonder machine is a machine used to enable interconnection between ICs (Integrated Circuits) or any semiconductor device at the time of chip packaging. The connection is established using a thin wire which is generally made of copper, aluminum, gold, or silver. This connection is established through the ball bonding process, which uses a combination of pressure, heat, and ultrasonic energy to make a weld at each end of the wire and chip.
- Ball bonder machines are used in various applications across various end-user segments such as Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Testing (OSATs) and Integrated Device Manufacturers (IDMs).
- The global ball bonder machine market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing demand for ball bonder machines from end-users.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ball Bonder Machine Market
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market: Dynamics
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in development of new electronic products such as smartphones with improved functionality and new standards, is expected to boost the ball bonder machine market during the forecast period.
- Shift from manual ball bonder machines to automated ball bonder machines by end-users is anticipated to propel the ball bonder machine market in the next few years.
- Rising demand for electronic products among consumers generates demand for chips, which is indirectly expected to increase the demand for ball bonder machines during the forecast period.
- Stringent government regulations regarding workplace safety is also anticipated to boost the demand for ball bonder machines in end-use industries during the forecast period
- The advent of new packaging technologies such as through-silicon via (TSV) packaging, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMs) packaging, is expected to boost the demand for ball bonder machines in the forthcoming years.
- Increasing use of 3D chip packaging is one of the major factors projected to boost the global ball bonder machine market in the near future.
- High cost of ball bonder machines and complexity of the production process is a major factor hamper the usage of ball bonder machines, and this factor is estimated to hinder the market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Ball Bonder Machine Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. The impact of COVID-19 is being seen in every sector of the economy, including the global semiconductor industry. However, COVID-19 does not significantly impact the demand for equipment. For instance, in April 2020, Palomar Technologies announced that it is seeing demand for critical semiconductor components. The company said that it has seen an acceleration of orders for its 3880 ball bonder machines for remote machine equipment, medical devices, and robotics. Hence, demand for equipment has not dropped due to COVID-19. This, in turn, is projected to propel the global ball bonder machine market in the coming years.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Ball Bonder Machine Market
- In terms of region, the global ball bonder machine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global ball bonder machine market in 2019, due to presence of well-established and technologically advanced manufacturers in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America, due to increasing production of electronics in the region.
- The ball bonder machine market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to mass production of electronic products, such as wearable devices, smartphones, and white goods, in China and Taiwan.
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the ball bonder machine market. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global ball bonder machine market. Market players are gradually focusing on merger and acquisition activities to develop new products and improve their existing product offerings.
Key Players Operating in the Global Ball Bonder Machine Market:
- ASM Pacific Technology (ASMPT)
- DIAS Automation
- F&K Delvotec Bondtechnik
- Hesse GmbH
- Hybond, Inc.
- KAIJO corporation
- Kulicke & Soffa Industries, Inc.
- Micro Point Pro Ltd (MPP)
- Palomar Technologies
- TPT Wire Bonder GmbH & Co KG
- Ultrasonic Engineering Co. Ltd.
- West Bond, Inc.
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market: Research Scope
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market, by Actuation
Global Ball Bonder Machine Market, by Application
- Semiconductor & Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!