Balantidiasis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Balantidiasis, also known as Balantidium coli infection, is a disorder caused by Balantidium coli, an intestinal protozoan parasite. The parasite is transmitted through the fecal-oral route. Humans can be infected by the parasite by ingesting infective cysts from food and water contaminated with defecation. This infection predominantly affects the large intestine. Diarrhea, weight loss, dysentery, stomach pain, and vomiting are common side-effects of balantidiasis. The infection is observed to be prevalent in rural areas in industrially advanced and developing regions due to water pollution caused by fecal matter of humans and/or pigs. Provision of safe and clean drinking water can prevent the infection from spreading from one person to the other. Anti-infective agents are utilized to treat balantidiasis.
- Most of the people suffering from Balantidiasis are asymptomatic. Some people may become acutely ill with abnormally high temperatures, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, and bloody diarrhea. Such conditions could result in excessive loss of water from the body and extreme exhaustion, especially if B. coli attacks the intestinal lining causing inflammation and possibly ‘crater-like’ areas of damage. In serious cases, the ulcers could be deep enough to puncture the intestinal wall, resulting into the acute inflammation of the peritoneum?the membrane that lines the abdomen (peritonitis). Occasionally, the ulcer may diminish lung function.
- Tetracycline, a common antibiotic drug, is commonly prescribed in the treatment of Balantidiasis. When tetracycline cannot be administered, replacement drug therapy may include iodoquinol or metronidazole. It is not necessary to isolate the person suffering from Balantidiasis. However, the feces of infected individuals must be disposed of so that they don’t came into contact with drinking water or with food supplies.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of balantidiasis infection, surge in the trend of swine farming, increase in research & development activities for the diagnosis of the disease, and surge in awareness about the treatment options are major factors that are projected to propel the balantidiasis diagnosis and treatment market during the forecast period. A study conducted by the Stanford University revealed that incidence of the infection has been reported in Bolivia, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines. The prevalence rate of balantidiasis infection is lower than 1%. Lower incidence rate in major pharmaceutical markets such as North America and Europe and competition between already established players are likely to restrain the global balantidiasis diagnosis and treatment market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
- Additionally, a lack of hygiene and sanitation in rural areas of developing countries is a significant factor that affects the spread of this disease. Furthermore, increasing awareness regarding the diseases transmitted via faecal-oral route further boosts the market. However, competition among existing market players hampers the entry of new players.
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market
Based on region, the global balantidiasis treatment market can be classified into North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (including Germany, France, and the U.K.), Asia Pacific (including Australia, China, Japan, and India), Latin America (including Brazil and Mexico), and Middle East & Africa (including GCC countries and South Africa). The disease is less prevalent in North America due to high sanitation standards and quality of living and hygienic environment. However, the disease is more prevalent in Latin America. Additionally, prevalence of the disease is low in Europe due to high hygiene standards, stringent quality control guidelines, hygienic food and water standards, and government support to maintain good hygiene. Asia Pacific and Latin America are emerging regions for the market; therefore, the market in these regions is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Rapid expansion of the balantidiasis treatment market in these regions can be attributed to the increase in incidence of this infection, poor hygiene conditions, expansion of the healthcare industry, and rise in government investment to develop healthcare infrastructure in these regions. The balantidiasis treatment market in countries such as China, India, and Brazil is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period due to an increase in awareness among the population about protozoal infections and their treatments. Furthermore, the burden of gastrointestinal diseases is rising due to the increase in the number of pylori infection cases and changes in lifestyle such as consumption of alcohol, smoking, and sedentary work profile.
Key Players Operating in Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market
The global balantidiasis treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global balantidiasis treatment market are:
- Sandoz AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
- GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Medtronic, Pfizer Inc.
- Nurotron Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Globus Medical
- Pfizer, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novopharm Limited
- Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC.
- Apotex, Inc.
Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Microscopy stool examination
Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market, by Product Type
Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Balantidiasis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.