Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market: Overview
- Bacterial pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs due to bacterial infection. Pneumonia is a common lung infection where the lung’s air sacks become inflamed. Different types of bacteria can cause pneumonia, but Streptococcus pneumonia and Haemophilus influenza are primarily responsible for most of the bacterial pneumonia. Common indications of bacterial pneumonia include cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, and chills.
- Bacterial pneumonia is caused by bacteria that works its way into the lungs and then multiplies. It can occur on its own or develop after another illness, like a cold or flu. It can enter the lungs through inhalation or through bloodstream. According to the Cleveland Clinics, people who have a weakened immune system as a result of cancer or organ transplant face an increased risk of bacterial pneumonia.
- The global bacterial pneumonia treatment market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in the rate of incidence of bacterial pneumonia across the globe and continuous R&D activities for the development of vaccines and new drugs for bacterial pneumonia.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market
- Antibiotics are becoming ineffective against bacterial pneumonia due to increase in resistance of bacteria. Innovations are underway in the pharmaceutical industry in the area of new type of antibiotics candidates. This is expected to increase the rate of cure of bacterial pneumonia in the near future.
- Nabriva Therapeutics AG is a biotechnology company involved in the development of pleuromutilins, a new class of antibiotics to treat community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP)
- The continuing need of reinventing the drug pipeline, led by bacterial mutation and resistance, presents an opportunity in the global bacterial pneumonia treatment market
Restraints of Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market
- Pathways to the approval for bacterial pneumonia drugs from regulatory bodies have become confusing, generally infeasible, and questionably irrelevant to patients and providers over a period of time. Additionally, scientific and regulatory challenges significantly increase the cost of and time required for drug development, which worsens economic disadvantages of bacterial pneumonia drugs.
- In view of the urgency of bacterial drug resistance and the capacity of targeted disease to change rapidly over time, regulatory bodies are not in favor of revision and streamlining of the anti-bacterial drug development and approval process
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global bacterial pneumonia treatment market during the forecast period, due to high rate of incidence of bacterial pneumonia and high awareness about and adoption of new drugs and treatment methods in the region. According to the American Lung Association, Streptococcus pneumonia germ infects over 900,000 people in the U.S. every year.
- The bacterial pneumonia treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rise in the incident rate of pneumonia in countries such as India. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one in three deaths in India is caused by pneumonia. Pneumonia in India is the leading cause of infant deaths. Every year around 200,000 children aged under five succumb to pneumonia in India.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global bacterial pneumonia treatment market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AstraZeneca plc
- Nabriva Therapeutics plc
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Community-acquired Pneumonia
- Healthcare-associated Pneumonia
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Cough Medicine
- Pain Killer/Fever Reducers
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market, by Dosage Form
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Bacterial Pneumonia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.