Baby Proofing: Introduction
- Increase in demand for child safety globally is prompting companies to develop advanced baby proofing products. North America accounted for a prominent share of the global baby proofing market in 2020.
Key Drivers of the Global Baby Proofing Market
- Demand for baby proofing has been increasing for the last few years due to a rise in disposable income of consumers in developing countries. Growing concerns about safety and security of babies, change in patterns of living, and concerns about deaths and injuries to babies and infants at home are increasing, which are driving the baby proofing market.
- Rise in number of government initiatives in different countries to reduce a rise in death incidents among babies is projected to drive the market. Increase in consumer awareness about infant protection, higher inclination toward nuclear families, and increasing consumer purchasing power are a few other factors propelling the baby proofing market.
- Baby and child proofing has become essential and numerous government and voluntary organizations (NGOs) are guiding and encouraging customers to adopt baby and infant proofing products. Stringent guidelines are obligatory on makers as well as for product standardization. The International Association for Child Safety (IAFCS) is one such organization that regulates the specialized childproofing market with its members who instruct parents, appraise homes for child safety, and mount safety products.
Growing Population of Working Women to Create New Market Opportunities
- Rise in population of working women is creating significant opportunity for baby proofing products, as women want their babies to be safe in their absence. Additionally, almost 80% of all child deaths occur at home, due to poisoning, choking, burning, or drowning. Most baby and child injuries are preventable by thorough safety and consultation with a baby-proofing expert. Therefore, currently, parents are opting for baby proofing services and are consulting specialists for the safety of their kids.
Lack of Consumer Awareness to Restrain the Market
- Consumers in rural areas are not aware about the usefulness of baby proofing products. Lack of consumer awareness can restrain the market.
Asia Pacific a Prominent Baby Proofing Market
- The baby proofing market in Asia Pacific expanded at a rapid pace in 2020. North America and Europe accounted for a significant share of the global baby proofing market, as major players operating in the market were based in these regions. The U.S. accounted for a prominent share of the market in North America followed by Canada. In Europe, Germany, the U.K., and France are major manufacturers of baby proofing products.
Key Players Operating in the Global Baby Proofing Market
The global baby proofing market is fragmented in nature. Large number of small- and medium-sized companies are present in developing countries including China, India, Brazil, and South Africa. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their position in the global market. Some of the key players operating in the global baby proofing market are listed below:
- Dex Products
- Handy Baby Products Limited
- KidKusion, Inc.
- Mommy's Helper
- North States Industries, Inc.
- Prince Lionheart, Inc
- Regalo International LLC
- Summer Infant (USA), Inc.
Global Baby Proofing Market: Research Scope
Global Baby Proofing Market, by Product Type
- Cabinet lock
- Stove knob cover
- Corner protector
- Non-slip suction mats
- Toilet lock
- Baby on board sign
- Outlet plug
- Door stopper
- Refrigerator latch
- Baby Car Seat
- Baby Monitor
Global Baby Proofing Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Website
- Company Owned Website
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
Global Baby Proofing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Western Europe
- Nordic countries
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
The report on the global baby proofing market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.