Global B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) Market: Overview
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) is a group of heterogeneous proliferative malignancies. These malignancies usually occur in the B-cells, natural killer (NK) cells, or T cells in the lymphoid cell tissues such as bone marrow, spleen, thymus, and lymph nodes. In most cases, B-cell lymphoma is NHL cases with a broad range of blood cancers that occur in B-cells.
The global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market was revolutionized in the late 1990s due to the introduction of Roche’s Rituxan/MabThera drug. The market is still primarily dominated by the Rituxan drug. However, the patients suffering from B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma easily become stubborn to the Rituxan therapy or experience a relapse after receiving the first level of treatment. Such results have led to a surge in the research and development activities to address the issue.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of this Report here
Global B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) Market: Notable Development
Some of the key developments in the global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market are listed below:
- In June 2019, Genentech announced that it has received FDA approval for its Polivy™ drug. This drug is in combination with Rituxan® plus bendamustine and is used to treat adults with refractory or relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. This treatment drug is for patients who have received a minimum two therapies. Polivy™ was granted accelerated approval based on the complete rate of response.
- In 2017, AstraZeneca and Aceta Pharma, the hematology research and development center of the company announced that the company has received the US FDA accelerated approval to CALQUENCE™. The drug is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adults suffering from mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and have undergone at least one therapy session.
- In May 2019, AbbVie Inc. announced that the company has been successful in getting the US FDA approval for the VENCLEXTA® drug. It was approved as a drug for treating patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL). The patients need not have undergone any therapy session in order to use the approved drug.
Some of the key players in the global market include names such as Amgen, Bayer Inc., Calistoga, Celgene, and EMD Serono among others.
Global B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of the key driving factors for the growth of the global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market are listed below:
- Growth CAR-T cell therapies: One of the key factors driving the growth of the global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market is the increasing therapies for chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cells.
- Launch of pipelines: The recent launch of six pipeline agents is also expected to play a key role in the growth of the global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market over the course of the given forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
- Label Expansions: Another important factor that is driving the growth of the global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market is the label expansion of presently marketed therapies for treating B-cell NHL subtypes.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) Market” here
Global B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) Market: Geographical Outlook
Global B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma market can be segmented into key geographical regions such as North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, the global market is expected to be dominated by North America owing to the rising number of people suffering from B-cell NHL. The market is expected to continue its dominance on account of early access to new technological and healthcare advances and growing awareness among people about B-cell NHL.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.