Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market (Product: Air Filters and Oil Filters; Application: Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, Two Wheelers, and Racing Vehicles; and End Use: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 295 Pages
Automakers Prioritize Investments to Capture Returns amid COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 crisis has compelled automotive companies to rethink their short-term and long-term business plans. The pandemic has placed enormous pressure on stakeholders in the automotive oil & air filters market to free up cash through cost cutting and streamline business strategies across the entire value chain. Automakers are prioritizing their investments that hold promising potentials in capturing returns.
In order to offset losses incurred during the pandemic, companies in the automotive oil & air filters market are becoming future-ready by focusing on e-mobility and autonomous vehicles. Small- and medium-sized companies are engaging in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to deploy flexibility amid uncertain demand and supply sentiments. Stakeholders are taking lessons from the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) to tap into technologies that are paving the future for automotive oil & air filters.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Inexpensive No-name Generic Oil Filters Affect Vehicle Performance
One of the biggest stresses that all oil filters have to cope with today is longer service life. It has been found that inexpensive no-name generic oil filters hardly last for less than 3,000 miles before they plug up and go into bypass mode. Hence, manufacturers in the automotive oil & air filters market are boosting their engineering capabilities to develop premium oil filters.
FRAM - a U.S. brand of automotive replacement parts, is gaining recognition for its FRAM Titanium™, FRAM Force™, and FRAM Drive™ oil filters that serve every vehicle need. Manufacturers are innovating in oil filters that deliver proven protection for up to 20,000 miles.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Next-gen Oil Filters Capable of Withstanding Extreme Weather, Dusty Conditions
The automotive oil & air filters market is expected to cross 1,175.59 Mn units by 2031. Since engines and oils have evolved dramatically over the past decade, manufacturers are keeping pace with current technologies that are prone to constant battle with destructive contaminants that attack vehicles from the inside.
Purolator, a part of the MANN+HUMMEL Group, is a specialist in the filtration technology and is gaining recognition for its PurolatorBOSS® Oil Filters that are ideal for synthetic oils, extreme weather, and dusty conditions. Manufacturers are strengthening their distribution and sales via retail giants such as Amazon.com, Walmart, and carparts.com, among others, to broaden revenue streams.
Robust Air Filters Enable Full Utilization of Engine’s Power
The automotive oil & air filters market is expected to surpass US$ 10.33 Bn by 2031. Modern filter materials on the basis of cellulose fibers or synthetic fibers are being used to manufacture automotive air filters. Such filters are capable of filtering particles as small as a few microns in size. Robust air filter pleats are stabilized by means of special ribbing which prevents the adherence of adjacent pleats.
Companies in the automotive oil & air filters market are deploying uniform distribution of pleats in air filters, which help the filtration process to take over the entire of the filter media. This helps in full utilization of the engine’s power.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The convergence of the automotive sector with Industry 4.0 and e-mobility is anticipated to have wide-ranging effects on the automotive oil & air filters market post the COVID-19 crisis. The market is slated to register a CAGR of 3.90% during the forecast period, as many vehicles do not have a recommended service interval and rely instead on a service reminder light to estimate when the oil needs to be changed. Hence, manufacturers in the automotive oil & air filters market should develop oil filters that deliver extended durability and temperature protection in vehicles. They should increase the availability of oil filters with textured surface for easy installation and removal.
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global automotive oil & air filters market for the historical period of 2020 and the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, high replacement rate of filters is expected to boost the global automotive oil & air filters market during the forecast period. The general perception is that the average miles after which an oil filter needs to be changed is 3,000 miles to 5,000 miles, and an air filter needs to be changed at 12,000 miles to 15,000 miles. The average lifespan of a vehicle is much more than 50,000 miles. Therefore, a vehicle might need more than one oil filter and air filter for proper functioning throughout its lifespan.
- In terms of revenue, the global automotive oil & air filters market is estimated to exceed US$ 10.33 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 3.90% during the forecast period. The replacement rate of various types of automotive oil & air filters varies according to the geographic conditions of the region. For instance, cars running on hilly terrains are likely to generate more demand for oil filters than cars running on plains. However, for most regions, the need for replacement of oil filters is high. This is expected to boost the global automotive oil & air filters market in the near future.
Global Increase in Vehicle Production: Key Driver of Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market
- Consumers in developed and developing countries have different mobility needs. Constant urbanization is expected to encourage consumers to own cars in the near future. Increase in sales of new vehicles and the number of on-road vehicles in regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa is estimated to propel the demand for oil and air filters in these regions in the near future. This surge is apparent in Asia Pacific, which is turning out to be an automotive manufacturing hub. Countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Indonesia account for major share of the global car production. China is the leading producer of automobiles in the world. Production of cars in India is also increasing at a rapid pace.
- Automotive oil & air filters are vital components in motor vehicles. They keep the engine of the vehicle clean, thus ensuring their proper functioning. Increase in global vehicle production is anticipated to boost the demand for automotive oil & air filters during the forecast period.
Stringent Regulations on Vehicle Emission: Determining Driver of Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market
- Rise in concerns about the environment, due to emission of harmful gases such as CO2, has led to enactment of stringent air emission norms around the globe. For instance, the EU Regulation No 443/2009 sets an average CO2 emission target for new passenger cars at 130 grams per kilometer. A target of 95 grams per kilometer was set from the year 2021.
- Companies operating in the automotive oil & air filters market are anticipated to invest significantly in research & development in order to develop new and technologically advanced filters. This is anticipated to propel the automotive oil & air filters market.
- Adherence to the stringent norms enacted by various governments is mandatory for automobile manufacturers. Thus, the usage of filters in automobiles is likely to increase during the forecast period. This is also estimated to boost the global automotive oil & air filters market.
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of automotive oil & air filters have been provided in the global automotive oil & air filters market report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global automotive oil & air filters market are
- Champion Laboratories, Inc.
- First Brands Group LLC.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Sogefi SpA
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- K&N Engineering, Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- PARKER HANNIFIN CORP.
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Hengst SE
- DENSO CORPORATION
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of automotive oil & air filters, such as AcDelco, Ahlstrom-Munksjö, and Donaldson Company, Inc., are focusing on increasing the production of value-efficient automotive oil & air filters to attract higher number of customers. Major developments in the global automotive oil & air filters market are highlighted below:
- In February 2021, General Motors introduced the new ACDelco National Fleet Parts Program (NFPP), an initiative designed to provide qualified fleet owners with access to resources and tools to simplify their service workflow. The NFPP enables qualified fleet owners to streamline their vehicle service and parts purchases through powerful tools, reports, and insights, which are available electronically at all times. Fleet owners are likely to receive one monthly electronic statement for all service and parts purchases and would be able to search, review, download, and print statements and invoices 24/7 through a website. These features can help reduce downtime and confusion with customer-established invoices and repair or parts purchase authorizations.
- In May 2021, Ahlstrom-Munksjö launched FiltEV, its new, comprehensive platform of high performance filtration materials for electric vehicles. The new platform offers filtration solutions for cabin air, transmission, and cooling systems. The company is estimated to expand its share of filtration solutions for the electric vehicles market with this new product offering.
- In April 2021, Donaldson Company, Inc. introduced a new solution ‘Filter Minder Connect’, which can monitor fuel filters and engine oil condition on heavy-duty engines. Filter Minder system components can be installed on equipment in minutes and the solution integrates into existing on-board telematics and fleet management systems.
- In the global automotive oil & air filters market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of automotive oil & air filters. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the global automotive oil & air filters market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the automotive oil & air filters market.
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the automotive oil & air filters market to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for growth of the automotive oil & air filters market in order to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the automotive oil & air filters market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the automotive oil & air filters market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the automotive oil & air filters market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the automotive oil & air filters market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of volume (million units) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the automotive oil & air filters market along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the automotive oil & air filters market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market
The report provides detailed information about the automotive oil & air filters market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which segment of the automotive oil & air filters market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue in the automotive oil & air filters market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the automotive oil & air filters market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the automotive oil & air filters market?
Research Methodology – Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the automotive oil & air filters market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the automotive oil & air filters market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the automotive oil & air filters market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the automotive oil & air filters market.
Automotive Oil & Air Filters Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the automotive oil & air filters market based on product, application, end use, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects of the automotive oil & air filters market.