Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for vehicles with enhanced vehicle esthetics is anticipated to drive the global leather upholstery market. Vehicle interior is an important feature that attracts the consumer to a particular vehicle brand. Automotive leather upholstery is used in a vehicle to enhance the feel and appearance of the vehicle interior, which can be a compelling factor for a consumer to purchase a vehicle.
Key Drivers of Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
- Rise demand for better driving experience in automobiles is a prominent factor boosting the global automotive leather upholstery market. The leather used in vehicle interior increases the overall esthetic of the interior and provides comfortable experience for driver and passengers.
- Synthetic leather, which uses vinyl coating, can be made to look almost identical to leather; however, substantial difference in quality between the two compels automakers to use genuine leather. Leather is more durable than vinyl and it can last much longer than vinyl with proper maintenance. Additionally, leather becomes softer over time and become more comfortable, enhancing the driving experience for passengers and the driver alike.
- Automotive leather offers various advantages over its alternative such as fabrics. Automotive leather is stain resistant and easier to clean. It functions well during cooling, heating, and ventilation in a vehicle; it is more durable and can be used for a long time as compared to fabrics. Additionally, leather increases the overall esthetic of the interiors, which adds significantly to the resale value of the automobile. All the factors mentioned above are likely to propel the global leather upholstery market.
Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Restraint
- The genuine leather used in vehicles to enhance vehicle interiors is obtained from animal hide. The cost of genuine leather is higher than that of other counterparts such as synthetic leather. Manufacturing and processing leather can be a tedious procedure.
- Environment protection organizations such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are compelling automakers to adopt alternate solutions, such as fabrics, instead of leather to decorate automobile interiors. Majority of renowned vehicle brands, including Honda, Subaru, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar and Acura are adopting fabrics for designing leather-free vehicle interiors. Therefore, rise in use of fabric for vehicle interiors is expected to restrain the automotive leather upholstery market, globally.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to dominate Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive leather upholstery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global automotive leather upholstery market owing to an increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across China, South Korea, and India. Majority of automotive brands are anticipated to manufacture and introduce their vehicle models for the population in Asia Pacific, thereby increasing production of vehicles in the region. Additionally, Asia Pacific has presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the automobile aftermarket.
- Rise in disposable income of the population in countries such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand has enabled the population to purchase vehicles with superior luxury features with enhanced vehicle interiors enabled by automotive leather upholstery. This, in turn, is fueling the automotive leather upholstery market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
The global automotive leather upholstery market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive leather upholstery market are:
- Alea Leather Specialist Inc / Sunguard Group
- BASF SE
- Beijing Automotive Group
- Chang’an Automobile Group
- DK Leather Corporation Berhad
- FAW Group Corporation
- Gst Autoleather, Inc
- Lear Corporation
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
- Dk Leather Corporation Berhad
- Classic Soft Trim
- Kuraray Co. Ltd.
- Katzkin Leather Inc.
- Wollsdorf Leder Schmidt & Co Ges.M.B.H.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Material
- Genuine Leather
- Synthetic Leather
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Sales Channel
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.