Automotive EMI: Introduction
- The automotive industry is witnessing technological advancements. The swift adoption of autonomous vehicle systems is driving the need for a more intricate electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) system design. With the advent of new technologies, vehicle platforms have become complex requiring reliable electronic devices that function without impacting the vehicle’s security and components. There are several tests to detect electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) generated by electrical equipment and devices used in ADAS, drive assist system, and parking assist system.
- Technologies, such as ADAS, driver assist systems, and parking assist systems operate at high bit-rate and bandwidth, hence requiring high frequencies for better performances. Each of these systems witness EMI emission, which, under unprotected state, interferes with other electronic systems in the vehicle. Thus, electronic devices used in ADAS, drive assist systems, and parking assist systems must comply with electromagnetic compatibility standards (EMC) and environmental policies to control these EMI. For instance, in order to reduce EMI in vehicles, devices or equipment are coated with conductive coating or EMI shielding are used.
Global Automotive EMI Market: Dynamics
- Continuous advancements in technology and improvements in lifestyle have generated the demand for faster and efficient vehicles. Connected vehicles offer navigation, anti-theft, distance monitoring, parking assist, and other systems for increasing safety and catering to customer needs. Such systems make use of high bandwidth and frequencies, which emit EMI. In order to control EMI and comply with EMC standards, devices emitting EMI are required to have resistive coating or shielding. This need to comply with EMC regulations is driving the launch of better electronic devices with lesser EMI emissions.
- The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CRDH), part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), has identified electromagnetic interference i.e. radiation by electronic devices as a public health and safety concern. For instance, EMI with cardiac pacemakers has been a concern since late 1960. The compliance of electronic devices with EMC standards can be considered as a restraining factor for the market. Manufacturers catering to special purpose vehicles in healthcare and defense & aerospace sectors must comply with EMC standards.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Lead Global Automotive EMI Market
- Government organizations and regulatory bodies across the world have started implementing policies pertaining to safety. For instance, the European Union has mandated incorporation of AEB, LDW, and traction control systems in passenger vehicles. These systems use various electronic components, which exhibit electromagnetic interference compromising other electronic systems and equipment. In order to reduce EMI caused by electronic components, EMI resisting coatings and EMI shielding are used. These factors are likely to lead to high growth of the passenger vehicle segment.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Automotive EMI Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading manufacturer and consumer of automobiles in the world. Increase in demand for automotive EMI in the region can be attributed to continued urbanization, increased vehicle production, growing automotive safety concerns, and high demand for luxury vehicles in China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Furthermore, in order to comply with EMC norms, automakers have to use EMI shielding, EMI coatings, and EMI filters to reduce electromagnetic interference caused by electronic systems in vehicles. Thus, Asia Pacific is a significant market for automotive EMI.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The automotive EMI market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the automotive EMI market are:
- PPG industries Ohio Inc
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Kitagawa Industries Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Tenneco Inc
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- ElringKlinger AG
- Schaffner Holding AG
- Dana Limited
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive emi market, ask for a customized report
Automotive EMI Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Equipment Type
- Limited Emissions
- Immunity to EMI
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Material Type
- Conductive Polymers
- Conductive Coatings & Paints
- EMI Filters
- Metal Shielding
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Special Purpose Vehicle
Global Automotive EMI Market, by End-use Industry
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Propulsion System
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Supplier
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.