Automotive EMI: Introduction
- The automotive industry is witnessing technological advancements. The swift adoption of autonomous vehicle systems is driving the need for a more intricate electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) system design. With the advent of new technologies, vehicle platforms have become complex requiring reliable electronic devices that function without impacting the vehicle’s security and components. There are several tests to detect electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) generated by electrical equipment and devices used in ADAS, drive assist system, and parking assist system.
- Technologies, such as ADAS, driver assist systems, and parking assist systems operate at high bit-rate and bandwidth, hence requiring high frequencies for better performances. Each of these systems witness EMI emission, which, under unprotected state, interferes with other electronic systems in the vehicle. Thus, electronic devices used in ADAS, drive assist systems, and parking assist systems must comply with electromagnetic compatibility standards (EMC) and environmental policies to control these EMI. For instance, in order to reduce EMI in vehicles, devices or equipment are coated with conductive coating or EMI shielding are used.
Global Automotive EMI Market: Dynamics
- Continuous advancements in technology and improvements in lifestyle have generated the demand for faster and efficient vehicles. Connected vehicles offer navigation, anti-theft, distance monitoring, parking assist, and other systems for increasing safety and catering to customer needs. Such systems make use of high bandwidth and frequencies, which emit EMI. In order to control EMI and comply with EMC standards, devices emitting EMI are required to have resistive coating or shielding. This need to comply with EMC regulations is driving the launch of better electronic devices with lesser EMI emissions.
- The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CRDH), part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), has identified electromagnetic interference i.e. radiation by electronic devices as a public health and safety concern. For instance, EMI with cardiac pacemakers has been a concern since late 1960. The compliance of electronic devices with EMC standards can be considered as a restraining factor for the market. Manufacturers catering to special purpose vehicles in healthcare and defense & aerospace sectors must comply with EMC standards.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Lead Global Automotive EMI Market
- Government organizations and regulatory bodies across the world have started implementing policies pertaining to safety. For instance, the European Union has mandated incorporation of AEB, LDW, and traction control systems in passenger vehicles. These systems use various electronic components, which exhibit electromagnetic interference compromising other electronic systems and equipment. In order to reduce EMI caused by electronic components, EMI resisting coatings and EMI shielding are used. These factors are likely to lead to high growth of the passenger vehicle segment.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Automotive EMI Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading manufacturer and consumer of automobiles in the world. Increase in demand for automotive EMI in the region can be attributed to continued urbanization, increased vehicle production, growing automotive safety concerns, and high demand for luxury vehicles in China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Furthermore, in order to comply with EMC norms, automakers have to use EMI shielding, EMI coatings, and EMI filters to reduce electromagnetic interference caused by electronic systems in vehicles. Thus, Asia Pacific is a significant market for automotive EMI.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The automotive EMI market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the automotive EMI market are:
- PPG industries Ohio Inc
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Kitagawa Industries Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Tenneco Inc
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- ElringKlinger AG
- Schaffner Holding AG
- Dana Limited
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive emi market, ask for a customized report
Automotive EMI Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Equipment Type
- Limited Emissions
- Immunity to EMI
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Material Type
- Conductive Polymers
- Conductive Coatings & Paints
- EMI Filters
- Metal Shielding
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Special Purpose Vehicle
Global Automotive EMI Market, by End-use Industry
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Propulsion System
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Supplier
Global Automotive EMI Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.