Electronic throttle control, also known as drive-by-wire, uses electronic instead of mechanical signals to control the throttle. When someone step on the car's accelerator pedal, instead of opening the throttle, he is activating an accelerator pedal module, which converts the pressure you exert on the pedal into an electric signal. This signal is then sent to an electronic control unit, which takes your inputs into account, as well as outside variables, to open the throttle for optimum efficiency and performance. It is a complex system and benefits for engine wear, performance and efficiency.
The automotive electronic throttle body offers several advantages over the mechanical throttle system, which include requirement of very less maintenance and makes driving easier. This in turn is estimated to drive the automotive electronic throttle body market. Mechanical throttle system comprise several moving parts, which are subject to wear. Over the life of the vehicle, various components wear out. While, an electronic throttle control system has comparatively fewer moving parts, it transmits signals via electric impulse, and not by moving parts. This reduces wear and the amount of maintenance required on the system. However, its complex structure can lead to malfunctioning, which is a key factor that is likely to hamper the automotive electronic throttle body market.
The automotive electronic throttle body market can be segmented based on application, sensor type, vehicle type, and geography.
Based on application, the automotive electronic throttle body market can be segregated into gasoline engine and diesel engine. In a gasoline engine, both air and fuel are required for combustion hence, the sensors in a gasoline electronic throttle body measure the air as well as the amount of fuel. In a diesel engine, only fuel is required for combustion and hence, there is only one sensor measures the quantity and the pressure of the fuel entering in combustion chamber.
In terms of sensor type, the automotive electronic throttle body market can be classified into contact type sensors and non-contact type sensors. In the contact type sensors, the measurement is more accurate as compared to the non-contact type sensor. The contact type sensors are directly placed at the position for which the readings are required. The non-contact type sensors are radiation thermometers and operate on the principle of Planck’s law. A large observable area is required for installation of the non-contact type sensors.
In terms of vehicle type, the automotive electronic throttle body market can be segregated into commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles. The commercial vehicles segment can be further sub-segmented into light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles. The passenger vehicles segment can be further split into hatchbacks, sedans, and multi utility vehicles. Electronic throttle body systems are mostly installed in passenger vehicle due to the higher production of the passenger vehicles worldwide.
Based on geography, the automotive electronic throttle body market can be segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is a prominent producer of electronic throttle body systems followed by Europe. The automotive electronic throttle body market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant growth rate due to the increasing number of the vehicles manufactured in the region.
Key manufacturers operating in the automotive electronic throttle body market are Magneti Marelli S. p. A., Delphi Automotive PLC, Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Jenvey Dynamics Limited, Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd., and Pacco Industrial Corporation.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.