Automotive Coil Spring Market
Automotive Coil Spring Market ((OEM: Commercial Vehicle and Passenger Vehicle [Minicompact, Supermini, Compact, Mid-size, Executive, Luxury, MPV, SUV, and Sports Car]; and Aftermarket: Commercial Vehicle and Passenger Vehicle [Minicompact, Supermini, Compact, Mid-size, Executive, Luxury, MPV, SUV, and Sports Car]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2027
- Automotive & Transport
- 248 Pages
High Uptake of Independent Rear Suspension Systems to Drive Market
The automotive sector is experiencing continual waves of innovation wherein manufacturers are striving to improve the overall performance of vehicles. Apart from targeting automotive manufacturers that are currently developing new vehicles, companies operating in the automotive coil spring market are likely to leverage opportunities in the aftermarket to strengthen their foothold in the market. In the past decade, a considerable amount of emphasis is being given to the development of lightweight vehicles and its impact can be felt across the automotive coil spring market. Vehicle owners are increasingly aware of indications of a broken coil such as bouncing movements, vehicle sway, underside noise, vehicle sag, etc., due to which replacement of worn-out automotive springs has gained significant popularity.
Automotive coil springs are one of the most integral components of a suspension system in vehicles and as per current trends, the adoption of automotive coil springs is set to remain higher than leaf springs during the forecast period. The demand for automotive coil springs is projected to increase over the upcoming years due to the swelling adoption of the same across heavy weight trucks worldwide. Companies in the current market landscape are focusing on increasing the timeframe and durability of their products. The growing adoption of independent rear suspension systems in pick-up trucks coupled with the surge in the sales of vehicles worldwide are some of the top factors that are expected to drive the global automotive coil spring market past ~US$ 10.4 Bn during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Coil Spring Market
End Users Likely to Prefer Automotive Coil Springs over Leaf Springs
Although the adoption of leaf springs is showing little signs of slowing down, the adoption rate of automotive coil spring is expected to remain higher throughout the forecast period. The demand for various automotive springs primarily depends on the nature of the application. The uptake of automotive coil springs is on the rise, owing to their desirable performance while negotiating minor obstructions, steep slopes/hills, uneven terrain, towing boats, hauling furniture, and during acceleration and braking. The demand for automotive coil spring is projected to be higher from passenger vehicle manufacturers in comparison with that from manufacturers involved in the production of commercial vehicles.
Dwindling prices of minicompact, supermini, and mid-size vehicles are a major factor augmenting the demand for these vehicles, particularly in the Asia Pacific region– presenting participants of the automotive coil spring market with abundant lucrative opportunities. Although there are various parameters that influence the adoption of different types of automotive springs, the installation preference predominantly depends on the end user. Although an air spring offers an improved ride quality, it is not as reliable as an automotive spring coil.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies Explore Potential of New Coil Springs Made from New Materials
Participants involved in the supply side of the value chain in the automotive spring coil market are eagerly exploring the potential of automotive coils made from new materials. Apart from focusing on the development of highly durable automotive spring coils, companies are also exploring the potential of developing advanced automotive coils made from different materials. While conventional automotive spring coils are produced using steel, manufacturers are actively engaged in research and development to unlock the potential of automotive spring coils made from epoxy resins and glass fiber. For instance, the Sogefi Group developed a new technology that could potentially replace automotive coil spring made from steel. Over the past couple of years, more number of automakers are inclining toward the development of automotive coil springs using glass fiber-reinforced polymer (GFRP) due to its lightweight and low energy consumption.
Amidst mounting environmental concerns, automakers are under pressure to develop eco-friendly cars made from lightweight components. While steel automotive coil springs have been around for several decades, the production of automotive coil spring with alternative materials has only received traction over the past five to six years. However, the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, which in turn will result in the growth of the automotive coil spring market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Coil Spring Market
The global automotive coil spring market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The growth of the market can be attributed to a range of factors including a significant rise in the number of automobiles, growing emphasis on developing lightweight vehicles, and advancements in suspension technologies. Companies operating in the automotive coil spring market should focus on innovations and develop products using alternative materials including fiberglass and epoxy resin among others. In addition, companies should also aim to collaborate with other participants of the value chain to improve their market position and share.
Automotive Coil Spring Market: Overview
- The global automotive coil spring market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% between 2020 and 2027
- The automotive coil spring market is primarily expanding due to rising preference for shock absorber with coil spring above leaf/ parabolic springs
- Emerging trend for independent rear suspension with coil springs among pick-up trucks is leading to the adoption of shock absorbers having coil springs with shock absorbers
Drivers of Automotive Coil Spring Market
- In modern vehicles, the adoption of independent suspension instead of rear solid axle due to its benefit of better control on road and off-road and comfy ride is leading to rise in demand for coil springs as coil spring is an integral part of independent suspension. Moreover, growing competition among automakers to launch models with competitive features has fueled the adoption of coil springs.
- In 2014, Nissan launched Navara, the first pick-up truck with rear coil spring suspension, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, and Toyota Motor Corporation have been working actively to design new models with coil spring suspension and shock absorbers (absorber is mounted with coil spring)
- The transition among light duty vehicles and pick-up trucks from leaf spring to coil spring is anticipated to drive the coil spring market during the forecast period
- Total vehicle miles traveled (VMT) is increasing at a steady pace, globally. Per capita VMT is rising as well. A vehicle is prone to wear & tear, especially shock absorbers, which leads to the replacement of shock absorbers at regular intervals, owing to the rise in vehicle miles travelled and more kilometers covered by the vehicle. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the replacement of shock absorbers around the globe.
- Increase in average age of vehicles, globally, is boosting the demand for shock absorbers in the aftermarket. Additionally, retention of vehicle for prolonged periods is estimated to propel the demand for maintenance and subsequently, boost the sales of shock absorbers. The average age of vehicles in the EU is rising every year owing to improved quality and trend of owners keeping their car for minimum 4-5 years during the loan tenure.
Challenges for Automotive Coil Spring Market
- Coil springs are less preferred for heavy commercial vehicles, as they possess low load bearing capacity and are less stable than leaf springs on an axle setup. The vehicle weight is concentrated on a smaller surface area in case of integration of coil springs. Moreover, coil springs are not as effective as leaf springs for load bearing conditions.
- Leaf springs are majorly utilized in the heavy commercial vehicles and coil springs have low penetration in trucks and buses, which in turn is restraining the market. Coil springs are more expensive as compared to leaf springs and hence, automaker refrain from using them to control the price, which is again is a key factor hampering the market.
Key Segments of Automotive Coil Spring Market
- Based on OEM, the global market has been classified into commercial vehicle and passenger vehicle. The passenger vehicle segment held a major share of the automotive coil spring market in 2019. It is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Among passenger vehicles, SUV and MPV segments are anticipated to be the prominent sub-segments of the automotive coil spring market, owing to rising adoption of shock absorbers or struts instead of conventional parabolic springs in large number of SUVs and MPVs in order to improve handling and comfort.
- Based on aftermarket, the passenger vehicle segment dominated the market; however, the commercial vehicle segment is projected to expand during the forecast period, owing to an increase in penetration of coil springs in commercial vehicles. The life of coil springs is less in commercial vehicles, as these vehicles are used to carry heavier loads and driven on rough terrain. This, in turn, propels the demand for coil springs in the aftermarket.
Automotive Coil Spring Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is the key market for automotive coil spring, globally, due to high production of vehicles in the region and demand for higher amount of automotive components such as coil springs and brake assemblies
- China is the key market in Asia Pacific as all major automakers have their production sites located in the country and is a prominent exporter of vehicles across globe. On the other hand, India is an emerging market for automotive where consistent rise in number of production sites is likely to drive the market for automotive coil springs in the country.
- Europe is another key market for automotive coil spring due to high penetration of coil springs among vehicles in the region. Additionally, the production of vehicles in the region is consistently rising, which in turn is driving the market for automotive coil springs. High production of luxury and executive class vehicles in Europe is driving the penetration of the coil springs and consequently, p6ropel the market at a consistent pace in the region during the forecast period.
Automotive Coil Spring Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global automotive coil spring market include
- Ace Wire Spring & Form Co., Inc.
- Betts SPRING MANUFACTURING
- Clifford Springs Ltd
- Draco Spring Mfg. Co.
- Jamna Auto Industries
- Kilen Springs
- Lesjöfors Automotive
- Sogefi SpA
- Aniceto Gomez SA
- Olgun Celik
- Soni Auto & Allied Industries Ltd.
- Suspension Spring Specialist, Inc.
Automotive Coil Spring Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive coil spring market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive coil spring market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2020 to 2027, wherein, 2019 is the base year and 2018 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive coil spring market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also delivers an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive coil spring market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive coil spring market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive coil spring market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in this Report on Automotive Coil Spring Market
- How much value will the automotive coil spring market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2027?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for automotive coil springs
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive coil spring market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive coil spring market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive coil spring market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive coil spring market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive coil spring market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive coil spring market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Coil Spring Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive coil spring market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country/sub-region wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive coil spring market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive coil spring market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive coil spring market, with both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the automotive coil spring market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive coil spring market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Coil Spring Market: Segmentation
This report on the automotive coil spring market provides information on the basis of OEM, aftermarket, and region.
MPV (Multi-purpose Vehicle)
MPV (Multi-purpose Vehicle)
Middle East & Africa