Automotive Air Suspension: Introduction
- The suspension of vehicle driven by an engine-driven compressor or air pump is called the air suspension. The air suspension system consists of air springs, shock absorbers, beam assembly, brake system, and axle. Air suspension increased stability and reduced fuel consumption, which helps improve driving comfort of the vehicle.
- An air suspension system consists of air spring instead of steel spring or leaf spring. The air suspension system reduces the noise and vibration and also increases the capacity to transport loads by levelling the suspension. Air suspension comprises different components such as air springs and height sensor. Air springs have more capabilities than conventional coil springs. Vehicles with air suspension maintain better stability, regardless of the amount of load applied to it.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Air Suspension Market:
- Demand for luxury buses for long distance travelling and importance of comfort and luxury in passenger cars is increasing. The suspension system of passenger cars has two primary purposes. Firstly, maintain contact between wheel and the tarmac; and secondly, prohibit road shocks and undulations from reaching the passengers. This is likely to drive the automotive air suspension market across the globe.
- Height sensors are essential devices in a vehicle; they help maintain the height of the vehicle by measuring the distance between specific points of the vehicles and the road. Furthermore, height sensors transmit a signal to the self-leveling module, which activates the compressor and eventually adjusts the suspension settings. This feature drives the automotive air suspension market across the globe.
- Rise in production of passenger cars and commercial vehicles and an increase in the demand for vehicles integrated with air suspension system are expected to drive the automotive air suspension market during the forecast period. Thus, the air suspension is a feature that is primarily prevalent in luxury vehicles and high-end models of vehicles.
- An electronic air suspension system is powered by an electric pump or compressor, which pumps air into flexible bellows that are typically made of textile-reinforced type of rubber. An adaptive electronic suspension controls the shock absorbers and their damping performance. Technological advancements such as electronically controlled air suspension system have been gaining popularity in the last few years. This is expected to further fuel the automotive air suspension market in the near future.
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Globalization has resulted in a challenging environment for automotive manufacturing companies, which is changing at a rapid pace, resulting in competition between international and domestic car manufacturers across the globe. The automotive industry is working along with major technology companies to stay ahead in the competition and to deliver highly advanced, safe, and comfortable vehicles. Consumers are preferring to install latest technology products in their vehicle in order to experience a quality ride. People are moving toward buying premium cars that have all the safety features and offer a quality ride. This is likely to propel the global automotive air suspension market.
- Increasing number of automotive manufacturers are focusing on equipping more comfort features in their vehicles to promote vehicle sales. Furthermore, rising customer interest toward comfort and safety is increasingly influencing buyers of mid-range and compact vehicles, thereby boosting the demand for automotive air suspension across the globe.
- Development of lightweight air suspension systems and technological innovations in the field of electronically controlled air suspension are expected to offer significant opportunities for the global automotive air suspension market
High-Cost Setup of Air Suspension System to hamper market:
- Demand for air suspension systems is also high in the aftermarket, as numerous street riders install air ride kits for ride adjustability, ride height change, etc. Air suspension systems are also used in track racing to provide superior control and tenability. The rate of adoption of air suspension system is increasing in buses and commercial vehicles; however, passenger vehicles still do not deploy these systems owing to their high setup cost and the need for expertise for their service and maintenance. This is anticipated to hamper the automotive air suspension market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Air Suspension Market:
- Asia Pacific is the most populous region globally. The urban population across Asia Pacific is increasing consistently, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in urban areas.
- This market in the region is projected to expand at a significant pace, as the region comprises rapidly developing economies, such as China, Japan, and India. The market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by China, where the rate of adoption of air suspension system in vehicles is increasing. This, in turn, is driving the automotive air suspension system market in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive air suspension market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive air suspension market are:
- Continental AG
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Hendrickson USA, L.L.C.
- Dunlop Systems and components
- Hitachi Automotive, Ltd.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
- Accuair Suspension
- Firestone Industrial Products
- Beijing West Industries Co., Ltd.
- Mando Corporation
- LORD Corporation
- Air Lift Company
- VB-Air suspension
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market, by Control Type
- Electronically Controlled Air Suspension
- Non-Electronically Controlled Air Suspension
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Body Comfort System Market, by Component Type
- Air Spring
- Shock Absorber
- Electronic Control Module
- Air Reservoir
- Height Sensors
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Air Suspension Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.