Automated Insulin Delivery Market: Introduction
- Automated insulin delivery system is a technology, which continuously delivers insulin for management of diabetes. Insulin delivery and bolus size are either pre-planned or may fluctuate on the basis of continuous blood glucose level monitoring.
- Surge in adoption of technologically advanced products and demand for integrated diabetes management with continuous glucose monitoring and automated insulin delivery using digital platforms is likely to drive the adoption of automated insulin delivery devices. Moreover, rise in geriatric population and sedentary lifestyle are estimated to increase diabetes patient population, thus driving the automated insulin delivery market.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Automated Insulin Delivery Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market
- Increase in prevalence of diabetes due to change in lifestyle, dietary habits, obesity, etc., is projected to boost the growth of the global market. For instance, according to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention, in 2017, an estimated 100 million people had diabetes in the U.S.
- According to the American Diabetes Association, in 2015, an estimated 30.3 million people in the U.S. had diabetes, of which, 1.25 million patients were children
- According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 1.6 million deaths occurred due to diabetes in 2016
- Increase in awareness about diabetes is likely to fuel the growth of the global automated insulin delivery market in the near future. For instance, in November 2018, the American Diabetes Association entered into a partnership with the American Heart Association to increase awareness about cardiovascular diseases caused due to Type 2 diabetes.
- In March 2015, NHS and Public Health England launched a National NHS Diabetes Prevention Program; the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes reduced in the U.K. through this program
- Rise in adoption of technologically advanced products due to better patient compliance is likely propel the growth of global automated insulin delivery market
- Market players are investing in research and development for developing new products, which is expected to create lucrative growth opportunities in the near future. For instance, Control-IQ Hybrid Closed Loop System offered by Tandem Diabetes Care Inc. is a combination of insulin pump and a CGM system.
- Rise in prevalence and awareness of diabetes in emerging markets is fueling market growth. Market players are focusing on strategic development to consolidate their position in the market and expand their business units. For instance, in April 2018, Tandem Diabetes Care entered into a distribution agreement with New Zealand Medical & Scientific Ltd (NZMS) and Australasian Medical & Scientific Ltd (AMSL) for the distribution of t:slim X2 insulin pump in New Zealand and Australia.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global automated insulin delivery market due to the presence of key players and early adoption of technologically advanced products. In August 2017, Tandem Diabetes Care, manufacturer of touchscreen insulin pump, received the approval of the U.S. FDA for t:slim X insulin pump with Dexcom G5 mobile CGM integration. This approval enabled the company to strengthen the product portfolio and customer reach.
- The automated insulin delivery market in Europe is expected to hold a significant share and this market in the region is projected to grow due to strategic development by key players. For instance, in July 2018, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd received the CE mark for Accu-Chek Solo Micropump System. This approval has enabled the company to expand diabetes product portfolio. Additionally, this approval expands access to insulin pump therapy for diabetes patients.
- The automated insulin delivery market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in prevalence, awareness of diabetes, and surge in geriatric population with diabetes. For instance, diabetes is the leading cause of death in India. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) launched mDiabtes, a mobile health initiative for the prevention and care of diabetes, in collaboration with the WHO Country Office for India and other partners.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Automated Insulin Delivery Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automated insulin delivery market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective region. Key players are engaged in strategic developments, such as product launches, approvals, and mergers & acquisitions. For instance, in February 2019, Medtronic’s Personalized Closed Loop (PCL) insulin pump system received breakthrough designation from the U.S. FDA. In December 2018, Diabeloop received the CE mark for DBLG1, a hybrid closed loop system. This has enabled the company to launch automated insulin delivery system in Europe. In June 2018, the U.S. FDA extended approval for Medtronic’s MiniMed 670G hybrid closed looped system.
Leading players operating in the global automated insulin delivery market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Insulet Corporation
- Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
- Bigfoot Biomedical, Inc.
Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market: Research Scope
Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market, by Product
- Hybrid Closed Looped System (Artificial Pancreases)
- Insulin Patch & Pump
- Apps & Software
Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market, by Disease Type
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market, by End-User
- Home Healthcare
- Diabetes Clinic
Global Automated Insulin Delivery Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.