Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market (Component: Hardware, Software, and Services; Identification: Latent Print Identification and Tenprint Identification; Industry: Government & Security Agencies, BFSI, Healthcare, Hospitality, Transportation, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Biometrics Transforming Security Mechanism in Government and Security Agencies
Increasing criminal and terrorist activities have triggered the demand for automated fingerprint identification systems. To support law enforcement and public safety, companies in the automated fingerprint identification systems market are innovating multimodal capture solutions. This trend is coupled with biometrics, which is transforming the landscape of the global automated fingerprint identification systems market.
Global ICT spending is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 5 billion by the end of 2027. To maintain the confidentiality of information and ensure the security of officials, more and more government institutions are adopting automated fingerprint identification systems. As such, government and security agencies account for the highest revenue in the automated fingerprint identification systems market, with an estimated value of ~US$ 15 billion by the end of 2027.
Manufacturers in the market are catering to the needs of government officials by offering them advanced biometric identification systems that are integrated with live face recognition. End users are benefitting from this feature, as the new technology offers face identification in real-time as well as post-event instances to support public security.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market
AI and IoT Transforming Software Innovation in Connected Retail Services Sector
Companies in the automated fingerprint identification systems market space are innovating in software integrated with AI and IoT. As such, software accounts for the highest revenue in the automated fingerprint identification systems market, with a predicted value of ~US$ 21.2 billion by 2027. This is why, companies are integrating identification systems with advanced software using AI and IoT.
Behavioral biometrics is another driver that is triggering the growth of AI in software. This enables faster identification of an individual’s behavior for end-users. Companies in the automated fingerprint identification systems landscape are increasing production capabilities to manufacture new facial recognition biometric systems that digitally sample and authenticate data. They are tapping into niche opportunities, such as the development of advanced iris authentication systems for IoT.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Vendors in the automated fingerprint identification systems market are creating a scope for incremental opportunities in the connected retail services sector, by integrating smart software identification systems in ATMs and kiosks, thus eliminating the need for cards or PINs. This trend is increasingly benefitting end users, as the software aligns with phone banking apps, thus ensuring safe user identification.
Biometric Identification Systems Boost Immunization and Control Crime in Developing Countries
Companies in the automated fingerprint identification systems market are eyeing growth opportunities in Asia Pacific. For instance, NEC Technologies India - a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies, announced teaming up with C-DAC- an autonomous scientific society of the ministry of electronics and information technology of India. This strategic collaboration was made to deploy automated fingerprint identification systems for the Kerala police. Due to recent events of criminal acts in India, there is growing demand for automated fingerprint identification systems in the region to match unknown fingerprints with the central database.Companies are increasing research efforts to develop first-of-its-kind child fingerprint identification systems to support immunization in developing countries. This is being achieved with the techniques of biometrics to improve the immunization coverage of individuals in developing countries.
Accountability and Transparency of Surveillance Systems Overcomes Breach of Sensitive Data
The automated fingerprint identification systems market is highly fragmented, with five major players accounting for only ~16% of the total market share. This makes it easier for emerging players to enter the market. However, certain challenges are likely to impede market growth. Automated fingerprint identification systems are known to compromise the private information of individuals.
North America dominates the revenue in the global automated fingerprint identification systems market, and is estimated to account for the highest share of ~32% in global ICT spending by the end of this year (2019). Moreover, U.S. citizens are increasingly aware about their rights regarding privacy and the rational use of surveillance systems. Thus, facial recognition technology poses a limitation regarding public safety, as body cameras can turn into 24-hour surveillance tools, thus compromising the privacy of individuals. Hence, vendors in the automated fingerprint identification systems market are increasing the availability of facial recognition systems for police verification.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market
The automated fingerprint identification systems market is projected to grow at a striking CAGR of ~22% throughout the forecast period. Vendors are streamlining their production to cater to the needs of stakeholders in healthcare and BFSI, as these two sectors are projected for exponential growth in the market. They are innovating in software that automates driver license applications and renewal processes. However, fingerprint recognition systems are associated with system failures and high cost of implementation and maintenance, which is hampering their adoption in SMEs. Hence, manufacturers should invest in the development of easy-to-use and non-invasive biometric scanner systems to alleviate the issue of added maintenance costs.
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market in Brief
- The global automated fingerprint identification systems market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~22% from 2019 and 2027. The global market is projected to be driven by increasing criminal & terrorist activities and rising mass migration across the globe.
- The global automated fingerprint identification systems market is expected to be valued at ~US$ 7.7 Bn in 2019, and expand to reach ~US$ 38 Bn by 2027.
- North America holds a major share of the global automated fingerprint identification systems market. It is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period, followed by Europe.
- The automated fingerprint identification systems market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR of 25.5% during the forecast period.
North America Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market – Snapshot
- North America holds the largest market share, globally, of the automated fingerprint identification systems market. This is because North America has the largest number of immigrants across the globe.
- The automated fingerprint identification systems market in Asia Pacific is set to expand at the highest CAGR among all regions, since governments in Asia Pacific countries, such as India, China, and Indonesia, are now adopting digitization within security systems to handle their large populated countries.
Key Growth Drivers of Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market
Increasing Adoption of Digital Solutions and Technology in Security Systems
- Rapid increase in the adoption of digital technology and solutions within security systems is being currently seen. Corporate entities as well as governments are doing away with conventional security systems such as card punching and adopting new technology-based security systems such as automated fingerprint identification systems.
- Initially, fingerprint identification systems were manually operated, i.e. by comparing the minutiae; however, the integration of database and automation in fingerprint identification has led to increased accuracy of these systems.
- Governments of many nations are linking one identification proof with another of the same individual to increase transparency within the administrative system of the country. This could only be possible with the adoption of digital solutions and technology in security systems. Digital solutions and technology in security systems have helped governments and their agencies predict as well as identify criminals before any damage is done. National, regional, and local level authorities such as the police, intelligence offices, banks, and governments are installing automated fingerprint identification systems to maintain transparency within their systems, due to their multiple advantages related to security, healthcare, and financial transactions. The adoption of automated fingerprint identification systems is expected to increase in the near future, as such, boosting the growth of the global automated fingerprint identification systems market.
Rising Mass Migration across the Globe
- Over the last 8-10 years, the number of people migrating from one city to another or from one country to another has increased exponentially. The Industrial Revolution has played a major role in this rising mass migration. The Industrial Revolution in 1760 was the origin which encouraged companies to go global. This has resulted in rising number of people migrating from one country to another for work. According to the Current Population Survey (CPS) of the United States, in 2018, immigrants and their U.S.-born children number approximately 89.4 million people, or 28% of the overall U.S. population. According to the European Commission, Europe saw around 134,000 migrant arrivals in 2018.
- Governments and internal agencies of countries are extensively deploying automated fingerprint identification systems to deal with the increase in population and rising immigration. An automated fingerprint identification system has the ability to cross check the identity of an individual through the database of identities and a fingerprint. These automated fingerprint identification systems help in combating crime and terrorism, and prevent the illegal entry of individuals by ensuring that the right person has entered the country after following a legal procedure. Governments and internal agencies are driving the demand for automated fingerprint identification systems to keep their countries secure and safe from illegal immigration.
- The impact of this driver on the global automated fingerprint identification systems market is high in the short term and medium term, due to rising security concerns; however, the impact of the driver on the global automated fingerprint identification systems market is expected to be medium in the long term, with advancements in technology such as iris detection and integration of artificial intelligence with security systems.
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market - Company Profiles Snapshot
- Sonda Technologies: Sonda Technologies specializes in the development of biometric fingerprint identification systems and biometric identification solutions. Its major end users include government agencies, law enforcement, and commercial establishments. The company holds 64 patents for the method of identification, algorithms, software, and hardware solutions, and has registered 12 software products in the federal service for patents, intellectual property, and trademarks.
- Fujitsu Ltd: Fujitsu Ltd. is a key player operating in the field of technology equipment, and services. It majorly operates through four main business segments: technology solutions (services and system platform), device solutions (LSI and electronic component), ubiquitous solutions (PCs and mobile wear), and others. The company caters to more than 100 countries in all five regions: North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific.
- NEC Corporation: NEC Corporation majorly deals in four businesses, i.e. public business, enterprise business, network services business, and system platform business. Under the public business segment, the company provides safe, secure, and efficient social solutions to governments, governmental agencies, local governments, and public institutions. Under the enterprise business segment, NEC Corporation offers IT solutions that cater to manufacturing, retail and services, and finance sectors. NEC Corporation also provides network control platform systems and hardware under its network services business and system platform business segments, respectively.
- Other key players operating in the global automated fingerprint identification systems market include
- Biometrics4ALL Inc.
- Gemalto NV
- Crossmatch (HID Global)
- DERMALOG Identification Systems GmbH
- M2SYS Technology
- Morpho SA (IDEMIA).
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the automated fingerprint identification systems market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the automated fingerprint identification systems market analyzes the industry with respect to the historical and current market scenario, which offers forecasts for the period of 2019–2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive automated fingerprint identification systems market insights enclosed in the study. The automated fingerprint identification systems market report also provides an in-depth understanding of key industry trends and developments undertaken by players in the automated fingerprint identification systems market. This TMR report is divided into different sections that allow readers to gain an individual understanding of the automated fingerprint identification systems market.
Key Queries Addressed in the Report
- How much revenue is the automated fingerprint identification systems market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which automated fingerprint identification system component is likely to generate the highest revenue by 2027?
- What are the key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the growth of the automated fingerprint identification systems market in the next five years?
- Which regions are likely to provide profitable scope of opportunities for automated fingerprint identification systems market competitors?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key automated fingerprint identification systems market players in an attempt to expand their market presence?
The first section in the TMR report on the automated fingerprint identification systems market begins with a premise that includes the report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. Following this is the executive summary that emphasizes the automated fingerprint identification systems market aspects covered in the study. This section provides a brief understanding of market elements, and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics that offer an understanding of the market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes an extensive segmentation analysis of the automated fingerprint identification systems market. This evaluation includes the division of the automated fingerprint identification systems market on the basis of key factors such as component, identification, industry, and region. Further, an analysis of these key segments in the automated fingerprint identification systems market, year-on-year growth projections, and basis point share analysis are included in the report, which helps readers identify promising market growth areas.
The TMR study on the automated fingerprint identification systems market offers an assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. Regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, country-wise, and segment-wise analysis pertaining to individual regions helps readers of the automated fingerprint identification systems market report to decipher the potential of the market in various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projections, and global value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the report.
The study on the automated fingerprint identification systems market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with the details of leading and emerging market players. The dashboard view of the competitors in the automated fingerprint identification systems market report allows readers to understand their business and the strategies implemented by key players, along with their performance in the market.
The TMR report on the automated fingerprint identification systems market is based on detailed estimations of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the automated fingerprint identification systems market in terms of competitive scenario is supported by an individual-level examination of different avenues related to the industry. Also, an analysis of the historical and current global market for automated fingerprint identification systems is focused on key market segments, major regions, market drivers, and other qualitative inputs, which help TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast analysis of the automated fingerprint identification systems market. Readers can access the automated fingerprint identification systems market study to gain a forecasted market analysis for the period of 2019–2027.
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Market: Segmentation
Latent Print Identification
Government & Security Agencies
Middle East & Africa