Automated Container Terminal Market: Introduction
- Automated container terminals use container handling equipment that facilitate the transshipment of loaded containers between different transport vehicles via automated machinery.
- Automated container terminal extemporizes its capability by utilizing advanced software and real-time data procurement to empower further transportation of stocks. On account of maritime container ports, transshipments occur between holder ships and land vehicles
- It is operated by using hardware, software, and terminal operating systems.
- Integration of IoT in terminal automation offers huge growth opportunity for the market.
- The operation of automated container terminal involves minimum human intervention. Thus, it reduces the chances of human errors such as lack of skill, lack of attention and inconsistent performance.
Automated Container Terminal Market Dynamics
- The increasing adoption of automation in equipment handling systems is considered a key factor fueling the growth of the automated container terminal market
- Moreover, increasing number of new terminals coupled with wide scope of growth for brownfield and greenfield container terminal projects has significantly contributed to the growth of the automated container terminal market.
- Globally, manufacturers from varied industry sectors increasingly demand large container ships which are expected to bolster the growth of the automated container terminal market in the coming years.
- The growing demand for numerous commodities across the globe, especially from emerging economies, has created the need for large container ships.
- Additionally, expensive labor cost at terminals has created the need for automated container terminals.
- Automation of container terminals involves huge capital but eventually supports in reducing operational and labor cost.
- In addition, integration of artificial intelligence, subsystem of terminals, and sophisticated data analysis are expected to provide terminals reliable and significant information for reinforcing their operations.
- However, the lack of support from trade unions in the automated container terminal market is expected to limit the growth of the market in the upcoming years.
- Moreover, high cost associated with implementation of automated container terminals is another key factor likely to restrain the growth of the market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Automated Container Terminal Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on automation degree, the global automated container terminal market can be bifurcated into semi-automated and fully automated.
- Semi-automated segment is expected to hold major share of the automated container terminal market during the forecast period. The growing use of semi-automated container terminals can be attributed to the low level of human skills, lesser capital investment, and low upgrade variations related to semi-automation.
- Based on project type, the global automated container terminal market can be segmented into greenfield and brownfield.
- Based on offering, the global automated container terminal market can be divided into software, services, and equipment.
- The services segment accounted for the largest automated container terminal market share in 2018. This segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the global market throughout the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market for Automated Container Terminal
- In terms of region, the global automated container terminal market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for automated container terminals from 2019 to 2027 followed by Europe and North America. Additionally, the market in this region is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the upcoming years.
- Growth of various industries such as processed food, steel, electronic gadgets, electrical machinery, textiles, and industrial goods have enhanced the automated container terminal market in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global automated container terminal market was moderately concentrated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CyberLogitec Co., Ltd.
- Identec Solutions AG
- Liebherr Group
- Cargotec Oyj
- Konecranes Oyj
- Camco Technologies
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Automated Container Terminal Market”
Global Automated Container Terminal Market: Research Scope
Automated Container Terminal Market, by Automation Degree
- Fully automated
Automated Container Terminal Market, by Project Type
Automated Container Terminal Market, by Offering
Global Automated Container Terminal Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.