Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a type of skin disorder in which the skin becomes dry, itchy and inflamed. Scratching of the skin leads to redness, swelling, scaling, cracking, weeping and crusting. Though, this condition is most common in infants and children, also affects adult population. AD is considered as idiopathic, a disease without a known cause, and is likely to be caused by both genetic as well as environmental factors. Many persons with AD have been found with a family history of atopy. People living in dry climate are more likely to get affected. Generally, people with AD develop asthma and hay fever.
Topical steroids are currently the mainstay of treatment of atopic dermatitis and hold the largest segment of the overall atopic dermatitis treatment market. A five minute lukewarm baths followed by the application of a moisturizer is also beneficial in treating patients suffering from AD. Immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and Pimecrolimus are too used to treat AD. The global market for atopic dermatitis treatment will be majorly driven by new product launch in coming years. The anticipated launch of dupilumab, a monoclonal antibody being developed by Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for treating atopic diseases is expected to play a major role in driving the growth of atopic dermatitis treatment market across the globe. Side effects associated with drugs used in the treatment of AD are one of the major reasons hampering the market growth. The market offers opportunities for companies engaged in developing novel systemic therapies as there is a considerable need for medications with enhanced safety and efficacy profiles.
The number of patients suffering from atopic dermatitis has significantly increased during the last three decades. According to the National Eczema Association (NEA), AD affects nearly 10% to 20% of infants in the U.S. In Asia-Pacific, India and China are the major countries accounting for a larger proportion of the total prevalent cases around the globe. Some of the key players operating in the market for atopic dermatitis are Astellas Pharma, Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Meda AB.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments