Athlete's Foot Treatment: Introduction
- Athlete’s foot is a common fungal infection of feet that causes the scaling and blistering of the soles, fissures at toes, painful and burning sensations, and itching rashes. The athlete’s foot is also known as tinea pedis.
- Athlete’s foot infection spreads in the warmth and moist conditions, especially inside the shoes. It commonly affects the area between the toes.
- It is a contagious disease and spreads from person to person, or by walking on contaminated surfaces. There are different types of fungus that can cause the athlete’s foot and can be contracted through different sites such as fitness gyms, communal showers, swimming pool, from contaminated socks and shoes.
- Athlete’s foot can be treated with home remedies. Moreover, several over-the-counter treatments are available for treating athlete’s foot.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Athlete's Foot Treatment Market Report
Athlete's Foot Treatment: Key Drivers
- The global athlete’s foot treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of athlete’s foot across the globe
- It is estimated that around 70% of people across the globe are likely to develop athlete’s foot at some point
- Moreover, easy availability of over-the-counter (OTC) treatment for the athlete’s foot, new product development, and low cost are likely to drive the market during the forecast period
Antifungals Drug Class Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of drug class, the global athlete’s foot market can be segmented into antifungal and corticosteroids. The antifungal segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Antifungals are first line of treatment used for athlete’s foot. Most commonly used antifungal drugs are clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, terbinafine, griseofulvin, itraconazole, terbinafine, and sulconazole.
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of distribution channel, the global athlete’s foot treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment is projected to dominate global athlete’s foot treatment market and is estimated to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Athlete’s Foot Treatment Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global athlete’s foot treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of athlete’s foot in the region, well-established health care facilities, and high awareness about athlete’s foot are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The athlete’s foot treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Key factors attributable to high CAGR in Asia Pacific are rapidly growing number of patient population with athlete’s foot, large number of retail pharmacies stores, and improving health care infrastructure.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in the Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Athlete's Foot Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global athlete's foot treatment market is highly fragmented with a large number of international players holding key market share in global market. Key players operating in the global athlete's foot treatment market are:
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Bone Athlete's Foot Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Athlete's Foot Treatment Market, by Drug Class
Global Bone Athlete's Foot Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Bone Athlete's Foot Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis