Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market (Form: Large Lump, Crushed/Pebble, and Ground; and Application: Iron & Steel, Gold, Alumina Refining, Building & Construction, Water Treatment, Pulp & Paper, Chemical Intermediate, Glass, Agriculture, Flue Gas Desulfurization/Gas Treatment, and Others) – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Chemicals & Materials
- 139 Pages
Surge in Demand for Wastewater Treatment and Water Treatment to Aid Market Growth
Over the past two to three decades, the overall demand for quicklime across the Asia Pacific and the Middle East regions has witnessed an impressive growth. The expansion of the industrial sector coupled with the steady economic growth in majority of the nations in these regions is one of the key factors that has led to the growth of the Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market. The overall production of quicklime witnessed an exponential rise post the 2008 economic downturn and since then, the growth of the Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa quicklime market has remained steady.
At present, China is at the forefront in terms of production and consumption of quicklime– a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. The applications of quicklime continue to expand due to research activities and at present, quicklime is increasingly being used for a broad spectrum of applications, including agriculture, glass production, water treatment, pulp & paper, alumina refining, and iron & steel production. Mounting environmental concerns and high emission levels of carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxide, among other harmful gases, during the production of quicklime are expected to remain a major barrier for the overall growth of the Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market during the assessment period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market
Market Players to Increase Export Volume and Develop New Products to Gain Advantage
The Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market is on course to witness a steady growth during the assessment period. In the current scenario, China, India, and Thailand are among the leading producers of quicklime. Major players operating in the current Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market landscape are increasingly focusing on increasing the export volumes to gain a competitive edge. For instance, developing nations of Asia Pacific such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and more are expected to emerge as lucrative markets for players operating in the current quicklime market across Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Furthermore, the industrial boom across Malaysia, Taiwan, and Indonesia, the demand for quicklime across these nations is expected to remain steady during the assessment period. Market players are expected to focus on improving their logistical infrastructure to address the looming barriers across the supply chain. Market players are also likely to increase their overall investments in research and development activities and launch new products with improved quality. Market players are also expected to focus on optimizing the overall production process of quicklime to gain a competitive edge in the current Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market landscape.
Market Players Focus on Expanding Market Presence, Mergers & Acquisitions on Rise
Sensing the growing demand for quicklime, market players are increasingly relying on inorganic growth strategies, including mergers & acquisitions to improve their foothold in the market. For instance, in January 2019, Graymont and Grupo Calidra announced that the company is set to acquire Sibelco– a move that will enable Graymont to expand its global presence by tapping into the market in the Asia Pacific region. The acquisition will enable Graymont to operate across the Asia Pacifc region in nations, including Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Australia. Several market players are also anticipated to focus on expanding their production capacity. For instance, Chememan Plc, one of the leading quicklime manufacturers in Thailand revealed that the company is primarily focusing on increasing its production capacity to 1 million tons by the end of 2020.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Challenges across Supply Chain amid COVID-19 Pandemic to Hinder Market Growth
Due to the outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic, the growth of the Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market is likely to remain slower than initial projections. Stringent lockdown regulations coupled with restrictions on trade and transportation were the major factors that are likely to contribute to the slow growth rate in 2020. However, increasing demand for quicklime for waste water treatment and treatment of clean drinking water is a major factor that is expected to contribute to the growth of the Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market
The Asia Pacific and Middle East quicklime market is on the course to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to increasing demand for quicklime for waste water treatment and a range of industrial applications, increasing focus on research and development activities, augmenting demand for quicklime from developing regions, and notable rise in the number of mergers & acquisitions. Market players should focus on expanding their production capacity to cater to the rising demand for quicklime from developing nations.
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market: Introduction
- Quicklime is used either in commercial end-use applications or for further processing it into hydrated lime
- Quicklime is used as a chemical reagent in the production of several chemicals including calcium carbide, sodium alkali, citric acid, cyanamide, petrochemicals, magnesia, propylene glycol, and glycerin. These chemicals, in turn, are employed in the production of consumer goods such as glue, soap, sugar cube, and leather products.
- Rise in demand for quicklime in the chemical industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific is anticipated to boost the quicklime market in the region during the forecast period. Several major companies in the market are focusing on capacity expansion of their quicklime plants due to the rising demand for quicklime. Furthermore, companies are emphasizing on market expansion strategies in countries such as China, India, and Australia. This is expected to provide significant opportunities to the quicklime market in Asia Pacific.
- Countries in Southeast Asia possess large amounts of mineral resources. They also have vast potential for new discoveries in the mining sector, including limestone, which contributes approximately 4% of the total regional GDP. Governments of countries in Southeast Asia are seeking to add value to their natural resources by retaining minerals for processing/refining than exporting the unprocessed ores. Additionally, strong presence of major end-use industries such as steel, paper, nonferrous metals, and agriculture is estimated to drive the demand for quicklime products during the forecast period.
- Quicklime acts as a neutralizer and has alkaline properties. It helps reduces impurities during the production of glass and steel. It is also employed in construction, flue gas desulfurization, and water treatment applications.
- Rapid growth in the building & construction industry is a key driver of the quicklime market. The number of new housing projects has been increasing in developing countries, indicating a positive overall trend in the construction sector. The average annual rate of new groundbreakings in developed regions increased by 5% in 2019 than that in 2018.
Crushed/Pebble Form to Drive Demand for Quicklime
- In terms of form, crushed/pebble was the major segment with more than 40% share of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance in these regions between 2020 and 2030.
- Presence of well-established building & construction, iron & steel, and paper & pulp manufacturing industries in China, India, and Japan is driving the demand for crushed/pebble form of quicklime in Asia Pacific
- Crushed/pebble form of quicklime is widely used as catalytic convertor in the manufacture of automotive and solar panels in the energy & power industry. Presence of a well-established energy industry and rise in demand for solar panels in the energy & power industry are propelling the crushed/pebble segment in Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Rise in Demand for Quicklime in Building & Construction
- In terms of application, building & construction was the leading segment with more than 20% share of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Building & construction industry in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is expected to register substantial growth, owing to increase in middle-class population and improvement in standard of living of the people in developing countries in these regions. This is key factor estimated to boost the demand for quicklime in these regions during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in 2019
- The quicklime market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region held more than 70% share of the global quicklime market in 2019. China is a major producer of quicklime across the world. Quicklime is widely employed in building & construction application, as it allows the building to be vapor permeable. This, in turn, reduces the chances of trapped moisture and avoids unnecessary damages.
- China is a prominent consumer of quicklime in Asia Pacific. Expansion of the building & construction industry is a key factor propelling the quicklime market in the country. China is anticipated to remain a highly lucrative country of the quicklime market during the forecast period, owing to the increase in production of iron and steel based products in the country.
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for quicklime in various end-use industries in developed and developing countries
- Prominent players operating in the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East are
- Graymont Limited
- United States Lime & Minerals Inc. (USLM)
- Mississippi Lime Company
- Linwood Mining & Minerals Corporation
- Cheney Lime & Cement Company
- Nordkalk Corporation
- Pete Lien & Sons, Inc.
- Boral Cement Limited
- BGC (Australia) Pty Ltd
- MICRONISED MINERAL SOLUTIONS PTY LTD
- NORTHERN CEMENT LIMITED
- Cement Australia Holdings Pty. Ltd.
- Cockburn Cement Limited
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market Report
- How much revenue is the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the quicklime market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for quicklime during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East?
This report answers these questions about the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Asia Pacific and Middle East Quicklime Market – Segmentation
This report on the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East has been segmented based on form, application, and region.This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the quicklime market in Asia Pacific and the Middle East in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.