Aseptic Paper Packaging Market
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market (Paper Type: Bleached Paperboard and Coated Unbleached Kraft Paperboard; Thickness: Less than 240um, 240 to 260um, 260 to 280um, and More than 280um; Packaging Structure Type: 3 Layer, 4 Layer, 6 Layer, and Others; Packaging Type: Flat Top Carton, Gable Top Carton, and Others; and End Use: Dairy Products and Beverages) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2025
Press Release :
UHT Processed Products Trigger Demand for Aseptic Packaging During COVID-19 Crisis
The widespread impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is becoming evident in the packaging industry. Apart from plastic, even paper is under scrutiny for harboring coronavirus pathogens. This has triggered the demand for heat-treated aseptic packaging. Since people are becoming conscious about their health against the backdrop of the pandemic, the demand for ultra-high temperature (UHT) processed products is surging. This trend is anticipated to benefit companies in the aseptic paper packaging market.
The aseptic paper packaging market is interdependent on the food & beverages (F&B) industry, where the latter is deemed essential by international healthcare organizations. However, trade restrictions and slowdown in production activities are affecting market growth. Hence, stakeholders in the packaging and F&B industries are tapping into incremental opportunities via e-Commerce to keep economies running amidst the unprecedented demand and supply due to the pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Aseptic Paper Packaging Market
Indian Manufacturers Collaborate with European Suppliers for On-the-go Dairy Products
Companies in the aseptic paper packaging market are unlocking growth opportunities in the on-the-go beverage sector. For instance, ASEPTO— a packaging company based in Noida, India, has innovated in a six-layered packaging material, which involves paperboard, polyethylene, and aluminum in order to expand their business in aseptic liquid packaging. Manufacturers in the in the aseptic paper packaging market are increasing efforts to offer optimal shelf life, convenience, and ease of opening in on-the-go dairy products, juices, and distilled beverages.
Preventing beverages from bacterial load and microorganisms are the key focus point for manufacturers. In order to offer product delight, manufacturers are increasing the availability of packaging options that minimize the need for refrigeration and cold chain arrangements. Manufacturers in India are teaming up with European suppliers who provide best-in-class raw materials for high-specification liquid packaging.
Stringent Recycling Regulations and High Production Costs Restrict Market Growth
The aseptic paper packaging market is estimated to reach an output of ~4,599,638 tons by the end of 2025. In order to bolster their credibility credentials, manufacturers sterilize, form, fill, and seal the paper packaging materials in a continuous operation until the end of the processing line. However, manufacturers are challenged with stringent regulations for recycling of the gable-top and aseptic containers. Hence, companies in the aseptic paper packaging market are adhering to the ISRI (Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries) specifications that recommend the judicial use of polyethylene (PE) materials and minimize the use of prohibitive materials.
Dairy products are expected to hold a lion’s share of the market for aseptic paper packaging. However, disadvantages of aseptically packaged milk involves high production cost and alterations of sensory characteristics of the milk with a more cooked flavor to it. Advantages such as increased shelf life and easy storage tend to offset its disadvantages.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Recyclable Packaging Materials Contribute toward Environment and Economic Development
Ecologically aware consumers are contributing toward the expansion of the aseptic paper packaging market since paper is a renewable resource. The sustainability trend is helping packaging companies to reduce the use of plastic by a great proportion. Sustainability initiatives are bolstering the growth of the aseptic paper packaging market. As such, manufacturers are using eco-friendly packaging materials that are carbon neutral and 100% recyclable.
Creating a corporate forest is an important step forward to deploy sustainable innovations in the market landscape. IPI— a supplier of aseptic carton packaging solutions for the beverage and liquid food industries, is contributing toward environment and economic development by manufacturing renewable and recyclable packaging options. As such, companies are investing in mechanical as well as mechatronic machines to boost production efficiencies.
Smart Packaging and Tamper Protection Norms Hold Lucrative Business Opportunities in India
Companies in the aseptic paper packaging market are gaining proficiency in material innovations to make products desirable. Asia Pacific is expected to hold the highest revenue among all regions in the market, where the market is anticipated to clock a healthy CAGR of 5.6% during the assessment period. India, being one of the key economies with a dense population in Asia Pacific, is offering lucrative business opportunities for packaging companies, since paper and cardboard are popular materials after plastic for beverages and liquid foods.
The tetra packaging technology is being highly publicized in India. Moreover, India is one of the major importers of aseptic packaging paper from European and other suppliers. Key market trends such as smart packaging for product management and tamper protection are expected to become a common norm in the upcoming years.
Natural Brown Color in Gable-top Cartons Increase Product Uptake and Visibility
Keeping in mind emerging consumer trends and global environmental challenges, manufacturers in the aseptic paper packaging market are innovating in sustainable packaging options. For instance, Elopak— a global supplier of carton packaging and filling equipment for liquid food is utilizing recyclable paperboard from legal and acceptable sources by taking responsibility about forest management. In order to increase visibility and product uptake at supermarkets, companies in the aseptic paper packaging market are deploying design innovations in materials by retaining the natural brown color and texture of wood fibers.
Manufacturers are designing new shapes and features in packaging solutions to meet changing consumer demands. In order to gain market recognition, manufacturers are focusing on operational excellence, leading to improved product performance and client cooperation. Companies are using Pure-Pak® carton systems to increase product uptake. They are utilizing gable-top cartons that help reduce the carbon footprint.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Aseptic Paper Packaging Market
Beverage companies are resorting to e-Commerce with high demand for heat-treated aseptic packaging for liquid food, while the coronavirus pandemic continues to rewrite the nature of the global society in 2020. Manufacturers in the aseptic paper packaging market are producing paper wine bottles to cut down carbon footprint. However, lack of recycling infrastructure in countries such as Australia is emerging as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers in Australia should invest in recycling facilities, since more number of customers are becoming ecologically conscious. Companies are focusing on style, brand impact, operational cost, and product functionality to improve bottom lines.
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global aseptic paper packaging market for the forecast period of 2020-2025, the market is estimated to be propelled by growing demand of aseptic cartons in the food & beverage industries, which has paved by robust use of sustainable packaging products
- The global aseptic paper packaging market is expected to clock a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period. Most of the liquid food products packaging manufacturers prefer aseptic paper packaging, owing to its high barrier properties and flawless print finish on the cartons further lifting up the growth of aseptic paper packaging market across the globe.
Consumer Preference toward Hygienically Packed Convenience Food Creating Exponential Demand for Aseptic Paper Packaging
- Aseptic paper packaging is one of the advanced technologies embraced in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Due to limited cold storage facilities for dairy products and challenges in shipping cold products in these regions, aseptic paper packaging is gaining significant popularity in these markets. This packaging solution offers more convenience, which results in gaining instant popularity almost in all regions.
- Aseptic packaging helps to ensure quality and taste of ready-to-drink products and prevents bacterial growth. Besides this, spill proof design of aseptic paper carton for child-friendly drinks, juices, and nutraceuticals luring busy parents due to ease of use and convenient storage option.
- Furthermore, during COVID-19 pandemic, consumers are more conscious about health and hygiene maintenance. Therefore, more preference for aseptic and hygienic packaging among consumers is witnessed this year.
- Aseptic paper packaging reduces chances of contamination and ensures maximum shelf life of the product. Attributing to this benefit, end users, especially food & beverages and pharmaceutical industries are having more traction for aseptic paper packaging.
- Additionally, online food retail is expected to expand during the forecast period at a healthy CAGR of above 7%. Demand for packaged food affects customer desire to move to convenience food choices, which drives demand for packaging formats such as liquid packaging cartons. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the aseptic paper packaging market during the forecast period.
Large Millennial Population Emphasizing on More Customized Packaging Cartons
- Millennial is a generation, which guide trends. Brands in the food & beverages industry must prepare for millennial behavior and attitude regarding the way they research and consume before making purchase decisions. They like to interact with brands that are open and maintain transparency by addressing environmental and socioeconomic issues. Brands not aligning to these values are likely to be quickly replaced, owing to competition in the market.
- For instance, shaped carton is considered as a prominent tool for advertising and promoting the product. The differentiating factor of shaped cartons is considered as a tool to stand apart from their competitors and create brand awareness. Tetra Pak launched the Tetra Evero Aseptic—the world’s first aseptic carton bottle for milk. The package intended for white milk combines the easy handling and pouring of a bottle with environmental and cost advantages of a carton.
- Besides this, companies are also focusing toward the development of twist cap by adopting a strategy of modifying the shape of the carton to provide easy handling and a closure option in order to maintain freshness of the product
- This provides brand owners a lucrative opportunity to adopt new packaging solutions, especially customized for millennial population. This will help the brand create sustainable businesses taking them a long way by enhancing brand value, customer loyalty, and growing market share.
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market: Key Findings
- Most manufacturers prefer to use coated unbleached paper to manufacture aseptic paper packaging products due to sturdy nature. The segment is estimated to capture more than 3/5th of the market share by the end of 2025.
- Based on packaging structure type, 6 layers aseptic paper packaging is largely preferred by packaging providers due to highly promising barrier properties compared to others
- Among packaging types, flat top segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment is projected to hold around half of the global aseptic paper packaging market share by the end of forecast period.
- As per TMR analysis, dairy products end usage are expected to dominate the aseptic paper packaging market. Therefore, by the end of 2025, the segment is anticipated to account for nearly 56% market share.
- In terms of market share, Asia Pacific is a prominent region in the global aseptic paper packaging market. Expansion of food & beverage industry is the key factor for the rapid growth of the aseptic paper packaging market in the region.
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analysed that the global aseptic paper packaging market is slightly competitive, owing to existing big players and entry of some local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company over the past five years.
- TMR group includes outlines of key players in the latest aseptic paper packaging market study, which includes
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
- Refresco Gerber N.V.
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Nampak Ltd.
- SIG Combibloc Obeikan Ltd.
- Mondi Plc
- Polyoak Packaging Group (Pty) Ltd.
- Amcor Plc
- Elopak SA
- IPI s.r.l.
- Uflex Ltd.
- Ducart Group
- Weyerhaeuser Company
- Evergreen Packaging Inc.
- Clearwater Paper Corporation
- TidePak Aseptic Packaging Material Co. Ltd.
- Greatview Aseptic Packaging Co., Ltd
- Gammagroup Industriegüter Handelsges. mbH
- Lami Packaging Co. Ltd.
- TMR distinguished these aseptic paper packaging market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs. Among these players, Tetra Pak International S.A., SIG Combibloc Obeikan Ltd., and Refresco Gerber N.V. are identified as Tier 1 companies. The Tier 2 players includes Amcor Plc, Mondi Plc, Nampak Ltd. and Elopak SA. Tier 3 players are Uflex Ltd., Ducart Group, Weyerhaeuser Company, Evergreen Packaging Inc., Clearwater Paper Corporation, etc.
COVID–19 to Avail New Opportunities for Aseptic Paper Packaging Market
- FMCG packaging sector shines out differently during the latest coronavirus pandemic, as individuals are selecting more packaged goods such as milk, fruit juices, and other drinks that have shown good impact on the global packaged food industry
- This is primarily due to individuals learning the benefits, such as negligible manhandling of the items inside the packages. Even at home, packets could easily be sanitised. This could yield new openings for manufacturers of aseptic paper packaging.
- The global uncertainty of COVID–19 has also impacted the aseptic paper packaging market to certain extent. This is mainly due to the ongoing challenges such as unavailability enough employees, frequent changes in consumer spending habits, idle stock, and inventory in the expansion of key end users, including food & beverages industry, which are the biggest customers of aseptic paper packaging.
- Besides this, disturbances in delivery network, product management, changing global fiscal situations, and China’s unfair commercial practices at global levels are also impacting the demand and supply of aseptic paper packaging
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global aseptic paper packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2025. In the study, growth opportunity for the aseptic paper packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the aseptic paper packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Aseptic Paper Packaging Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on aseptic paper packaging market?
- Which end use will be the most lucrative for aseptic paper packaging?
- What will be market size for aseptic paper packaging by the end of 2025?
- Which is the most preferred paper type for aseptic paper packaging in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of aseptic paper packaging market?
- Which packaging type holds maximum market share in the global aseptic paper packaging market?
- Who are the major key players in the aseptic paper packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the aseptic paper packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global aseptic paper packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of aseptic paper packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the aseptic paper packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the aseptic paper packaging market are provided on the basis of paper type, thickness, packaging structure type, packaging type, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The aseptic paper packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the aseptic paper packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of aseptic paper packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for aseptic paper packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the aseptic paper packaging market report include Tetra Pak International S.A., Refresco Gerber N.V., Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd., Nampak Ltd., SIG Combibloc Obeikan Ltd., Mondi Plc, Polyoak Packaging Group (Pty) Ltd., Amcor Plc, Elopak SA, IPI s.r.l., Uflex Ltd., Ducart Group, Weyerhaeuser Company, Evergreen Packaging Inc., Clearwater Paper Corporation, TidePak Aseptic Packaging Material Co. Ltd., Greatview Aseptic Packaging Co., Ltd., Gammagroup Industriegüter Handelsges. mbH, and Lami Packaging Co. Ltd.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the aseptic paper packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the aseptic paper packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the aseptic paper packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Aseptic Paper Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global aseptic paper packaging market has been divided on the basis of paper type, thickness type, packaging structure type, packaging type, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.
Packaging Structure Type