Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market: Introduction
Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implantation is a treatment for refractory stress urinary incontinence (SUI) caused due to the intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD). Urinary incontinence (UI) is regarded as a major health issue affecting a large sector of the population. Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implantation consists of a hydraulic cuff, which surrounds the urethra or bladder neck. Urinary continence requires the coordinated function of both the bladder and urethra. The cuff is closed most of the time, preventing leakage. When the patient cycles the device, using the pump in the scrotum, the cuff opens up and allows the patient to urinate. Over a minute or so, the cuff refills with fluid, thus causing continence again. The cuff needs to be deactivated so the cuff is not injured. This is typically done by an urologist or experienced physician.
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
Key Drivers of Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
Increasing Prevalence of Stress and Urge Urinary Incontinence (UI)
There are two main types of urinary incontinence, one is stress urinary incontinence in which urine leaks in association with physical exertion, and urgency urinary incontinence, in which urine leaks in association with a sudden compelling desire to void. According to the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) and the International Continence Society (ICS) standard definition, stress incontinence is the complaint of urine leakage in association with coughing, sneezing, or physical exertion, whereas urgency incontinence is the complaint of urine leakage associated with a sudden compelling desire to void that is difficult to defer. These factors are expected to drive the market.
A newer surgical technique utilizing Argus-T, as a transobturator approach, showed that it appears to be safe and was associated with at least 60% continence rate. The surgical technique on Virtue sling placement was updated in early 2010s with proposed tensioning of the transobturator arm to elevate the bulbous urethra. Several such technological advancements are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase of urinary infections. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increasing awareness campaigns by various organizations regarding urinary diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
The global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market include:
- Boston Scientific Inc.
- GT Urological
- ZEPHYR Surgical Implants
- Albyn Medical, Ltd.
- Andromeda Medizinische Systeme Gmbh
- Cook Urological, Inc.
- Coopersurgical, Inc.
- Laborie Medical Technologies, Inc
- Gt Urological
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market: Research Scope
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Components
- Pressure Regulating Balloon
- Pump Control Assembly Unit
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Type
- InVance Male Suburethral Sling
- AdVance Male Suburethral Sling
- Virtue Male Sling
- AMS 800
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Indication
- Stress Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Neuropathic Incontinence
- Extraurethral Incontinence
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Gender
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.