Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market: Introduction
Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implantation is a treatment for refractory stress urinary incontinence (SUI) caused due to the intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD). Urinary incontinence (UI) is regarded as a major health issue affecting a large sector of the population. Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implantation consists of a hydraulic cuff, which surrounds the urethra or bladder neck. Urinary continence requires the coordinated function of both the bladder and urethra. The cuff is closed most of the time, preventing leakage. When the patient cycles the device, using the pump in the scrotum, the cuff opens up and allows the patient to urinate. Over a minute or so, the cuff refills with fluid, thus causing continence again. The cuff needs to be deactivated so the cuff is not injured. This is typically done by an urologist or experienced physician.
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
Key Drivers of Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
Increasing Prevalence of Stress and Urge Urinary Incontinence (UI)
There are two main types of urinary incontinence, one is stress urinary incontinence in which urine leaks in association with physical exertion, and urgency urinary incontinence, in which urine leaks in association with a sudden compelling desire to void. According to the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) and the International Continence Society (ICS) standard definition, stress incontinence is the complaint of urine leakage in association with coughing, sneezing, or physical exertion, whereas urgency incontinence is the complaint of urine leakage associated with a sudden compelling desire to void that is difficult to defer. These factors are expected to drive the market.
A newer surgical technique utilizing Argus-T, as a transobturator approach, showed that it appears to be safe and was associated with at least 60% continence rate. The surgical technique on Virtue sling placement was updated in early 2010s with proposed tensioning of the transobturator arm to elevate the bulbous urethra. Several such technological advancements are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase of urinary infections. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by the private and government organizations and increasing awareness campaigns by various organizations regarding urinary diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market
The global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global artificial urinary sphincter implantation device market include:
- Boston Scientific Inc.
- GT Urological
- ZEPHYR Surgical Implants
- Albyn Medical, Ltd.
- Andromeda Medizinische Systeme Gmbh
- Cook Urological, Inc.
- Coopersurgical, Inc.
- Laborie Medical Technologies, Inc
- Gt Urological
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market: Research Scope
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Components
- Pressure Regulating Balloon
- Pump Control Assembly Unit
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Type
- InVance Male Suburethral Sling
- AdVance Male Suburethral Sling
- Virtue Male Sling
- AMS 800
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Indication
- Stress Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Neuropathic Incontinence
- Extraurethral Incontinence
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Gender
Global Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.