Artificial Skin Market to Create Opportunities in Oncology Field
- Artificial skin is a collagen scaffold that stimulates granulation tissue growth. Regenerative artificial skin is prepared from collagen. Collagen is absorbed by the body and helps regenerate new skin cells on the wound area.
- Artificial skin should be biodegradable and maintain a three-dimensional structure to allow ingrowth of blood vessels, fibroblasts, and coverage by epithelial cells
- Different types of artificial skin are available in the markets such as cultured epithelial auto graft
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Artificial Skin Market
- Increase in rate of incidence of burn injuries and rise in prevalence of chronic and acute wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers are driving the global artificial skin market. According to an American Burn Association report, approximately 40,000 patients were hospitalized for burn injuries in the U.S from 2017 to 2018.
- Manufacturers have been developing new technologies for the production of artificial skin. For instance, Avita Medical has developed autologous spray devices for skin regeneration. This coupled with increase in investments in research and development for the development of new artificial skin products is boosting the artificial skin market.
- Growth in awareness about the importance of artificial skin across the globe and various advantages of artificial skin such as increase in wound healing and flexibility, and prevention of infection at the site of wound are fueling the global artificial skin market
- Growth in application of artificial skin substitutes in drug development, cancer studies, and alternatives to animal testing is projected to fuel the global artificial skin market during the forecast period
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), skin substitute products are defined under Class-III medical devices. Implementation of stringent regulations for the approval of artificial skin products is estimated to restrain the global artificial skin market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Significant Rise in Incidence of Diabetes
- In terms of application, the global artificial skin market can be divided into diabetes, skin cancer, burn injuries, clinical application, and others. The global artificial skin market is driven by the rise in usage of regenerative artificial skin by health care professionals for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers in patients.
- According to an article published by the Journal of Clinical Medicine, the annual incidence of diabetic foot ulcer or necrosis in diabetic patients stands at about 2% to 5%
- Manufacturers are collaborating with health care professionals to market their products. This is boosting the burn injuries segment, as physicians are recommending regenerative or permanent artificial skin to patients for rapid healing.
Specialty Clinics Segment Offers Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of end-user, the global artificial skin market can be segregated into hospitals, specialty clinics , and others
- Expansion of the hospitals segment can be ascribed to the increase in number of hospitals across the globe and easy availability of skin grafting facilities at hospitals. Furthermore, rise in usage of artificial skin by health care professionals to avoid infections in patients is another factor driving the global artificial skin market.
North America to Lead Global Artificial Skin Market
- Based on region, the global artificial skin market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is the leading region of the global artificial skin market owing to the rise in adoption of technologically advanced medical treatments and increase in prevalence of infections caused after burn injuries in the region. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 10,000 individuals in the U.S. die every year due to infections caused after burn injuries.
- Skin specialists in Europe are recommending artificial skin for plastic surgeries. Growth in number of people opting for plastic and cosmetics surgeries due to the rise in per capita income is another factor driving the artificial skin market in the region.
- Demand for artificial skin is projected to be high in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers of artificial skin have been investing increasingly in China and India to establish strong distribution channels due to the large patient base in these countries.
- In March 2019, Avita Medical collaborated with COSMOTEC, a subsidiary of M3 Group Company, for marketing and distribution of RECELL in Japan
- Most countries in Asia Pacific are emerging economies, with evolving R&D in artificial skin techniques. This is expected to propel the artificial skin market, in terms of revenue, in the region.
- Increase in prevalence of skin cancer in Asia Pacific is another factor estimated to drive the artificial skin market during the forecast period
- According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, the rate of skin cancer in Australia and New Zealand stood at 33.6 and 33.3 per 100,000 individuals, respectively in 2018.
- Leading manufacturers of artificial skin have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. Manufacturers of artificial akin are actively participating in trade fairs and international conferences to promote their products and develop potential R&D collaborations and distribution partnerships.
Key Manufacturers in Global Market
The global artificial skin market was highly consolidated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Smith & Nephew plc.
- Solsys Medical
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mallinckrodt Plc
- Mylan N.V.
- Avita Medical
- EUCARE PHARMACEUTICALS
Global Artificial Skin Market: Research Scope
Global Artificial Skin Market, by Application
- Skin Cancer
- Burn Injuries
- Clinical Application
Global Artificial Skin Market, by Material Type
- Temporary Skin Material
- Permanent Skin Material
- Composite Skin Materials
Global Artificial Skin Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Artificial Skin Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.