Global Artificial Lung Market: Overview
Globally, number of cases related to respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary collapse has grown rapidly. This has resulted in increasing demand for artificial lung that acts as an external support system providing oxygenation of blood and removal of carbon dioxide from the blood. Though presence of artificial lung dates back to 1939, and since then significant efforts are being made in improving the efficiency of artificial lung. Researcher and scientists are also making persistent efforts in developing and improving artificial lung, with which it can be used at larger scale and with greater ease.
Thus, with growing importance of artificial lung, Transparency Market Research is coming up with a new report on the global artificial lung market. In this report, researchers have made significant efforts in elaborating on the key points relating to the growth of this market. Analysts have presents all the key factors contributing in the growth of artificial lung. Major growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, and strengths are thorough discussed in the report. Regional growth opportunities are also discussed in the report.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Artificial Lung Market Report from this Brochure
Global Artificial Lung Market: Notable Developments
Competition in the global artificial lung market is taking a different turn, as more and more players are investing in research and development activities. Leading players are also collaborating with research institutes to develop and enhance the quality of product. One of the recent example of a company establishing association with research institute is Breethe, Inc. (Baltimore-based medical device company) who obtained exclusive rights University of Maryland. The company has access to the intellectual property of the university related to the development of portable, wearable blood pump oxygenator that will work as an artificial lug system patient experiencing cardiopulmonary collapse and respiratory failure.
Other players in the market are also making similar efforts that will benefit the growth in the global artificial lung market. Some of the leading players influencing the growth in the global artificial lung market include Xenios, Miromatrix Medical, Lung Biotechnology PBC, Haemair, Michigan Critical Care Consultants, MedArray, Breethe, ALung Technologies, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, and The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory.
Global Artificial Lung Market: Drivers and Restraints
Factors responsible for accelerating the growth in the global artificial lung market are:
- Rising incidence of respiratory disorder and growing issues with lungs has augmented growth in the global artificial lung market. Moreover, it is also used as an oxygenator while performing cardiac surgeries. Owing to this factor, different companies are making efforts in developing competitive oxygenators that are increasing competition in this market.
- Difficulty in the availability of donor of lung, and to overcome donor shortage for lung transplant has also augmented growth in the global artificial lung market. In fact, based on the data revealed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) there are nearly 4000-lung transplant procedure performed every year. This has created huge gap between the demand and availability of organs. This factor is also driving growth in the global artificial lung market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Artificial Lung Market Report
Global Artificial Lung Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, North America is projected to lead the global artificial lung market in the next few years. Presence of key regional players, increasing efforts made in medical research and development, and high investment made in developing and improving artificial lung has made this region lead the global artificial lung market. Moreover, rising awareness among individuals has further augmented growth in North America artificial lung market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.