Artificial Lift Systems Market
Artificial Lift Systems Market (Component: Hardware [Pump, Motor, Cable System, Pump Jack, Sucker Rod, and Others] and Software; and System: Electrical Submersible Pumping [ESP], Sucker Rod Lift, Progressing Cavity Pumping [PCP], Gas Lift, Hydraulic Pumping, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Energy & Natural Resources
- 176 Pages
Business Intelligence Software Enables End Users Achieve High Productivity Levels
There is a growing need to improve digital oilfield operations in the artificial lift systems market. Fortunately, new technologies are making it possible for manufacturers to meet specific requirements of stakeholders in the oil & gas industry.
Since stakeholders in the oil & gas industry are constantly looking for options to optimize production costs, companies in the market for artificial lift systems are introducing business intelligence and analytics software. As such, software component segment of the artificial lift systems market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 2.6 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, companies in the market for artificial lift systems are collaborating with software engineers to develop advanced software systems.
Stakeholders in the oil & gas industry are increasingly benefitting from advanced business-intelligence software, since such software not only offer data on virtual flowmeters (VFMs), but also provide information across all inputs in an oilfield. Such operational practices are helping stakeholders to achieve high productivity levels.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pet Artificial Lift Systems Market
Economic Advantages of Hybrid Pumps Generate Profits for Manufacturers
Workers in the oil & gas industry operate in high-risk environments. Hence, oil & gas companies are investing in technologically sound systems that ensure safety of workers. Likewise, end users in the market for artificial lift systems are increasingly investing in innovative sucker rod lift systems built with insert safety valves. This is evident as sucker rod lift system segment of the artificial lift systems market is anticipated to reach a value of ~US$ 5.1 Bn by 2027.
Sucker rod artificial lifts are being increasingly used to lift hydrocarbons from wells to the surface. Manufacturers in the market for artificial lift systems are increasing their production capacities to develop fail-safe designs of these artificial lifts in order to prevent uncontrolled blow out during phases of oil production. Insert safety valves are being interchangeably used with wireline surface valves. Since installation and retrieving procedures of the two valves collide, manufacturers in the artificial lift systems market are introducing novel insert rod pumps to support challenging oil production procedures. These hybrid pumps offer economic advantages to companies, since they serve as a new approach for retrofitting existing wells.
WRESP Technology Helps Overcome Barriers of Production Downtime
The artificial lift systems market is anticipated to grow at a favorable rate during the forecast period. However, certain hurdles act as barriers for manufacturers. For instance, the artificial lift systems market is consolidated with five major players accounting for a market share of ~65%. This poses as a hurdle for emerging players to compete with leading players in the artificial lift systems market, since the former lacks resources and capital to meet needs of end users.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
On the other hand, there is a growing need to improve operational costs involving the electric submersible pumping (ESP) technology. Undesired impact from ESP and production downtime act as major barrier affecting productivity levels of workers in the oil & gas industry. Hence, companies in the market for artificial lift systems are introducing the innovative wireline rigless retrievable electric submersible pumping (WRESP) technology to overcome the limitations of the conventional ESP technology. End-use industries are increasingly benefitting from the WRESP technology since it extends the economic life of assets.
Companies Incorporate ML and AI Technologies in Everyday Workflow
There is a growing need to streamline oil production processes in wells involving sucker rod pump systems. Hence, manufacturers in the artificial lift systems market are leveraging opportunities in machine learning (ML) and AI to prevent incidence of destructive events that might endanger the life of workers. They are increasing R&D activities in low load anomaly characterization with ML and AI technologies using rod lift systems for deliquification purposes.
Software innovations are gaining popularity in the artificial lift systems market as a cost-efficient alternative to study low load anomaly characterization. Multiple analytical techniques using software are anticipated to become increasingly mainstream over the next few years. Software-based workflow is expected to lead the way for real-time alerts regarding production engineering at the time of anomaly detection and characterization.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pet Artificial Lift Systems Market ?
Manufacturers are strengthening their distribution channels, and are offering agile services to meet the requirements of stakeholders in onshore and offshore environments. They are bolstering the company’s credibility by innovating in new technologies that extend the runtime of artificial lift pumping systems.
Software is projected to lead to innovation in the artificial lift systems market, in terms of optimizing operational costs and boosting productivity levels. However, mid- and small-sized oil producers face budget constraints with upfront installation and maintenance costs of business-intelligence software. Thus, manufacturers should strategically market novel software at leading oil producers who have high capital spending and other resources to incorporate software in their production workflow.
Artificial Lift Systems: Overview
- Artificial lift systems have become an integral part of upstream oil & gas industry. Of late, artificial lift systems have been gaining traction significantly. These systems are used in oil and gas wells in order to increase the pressure in the oil & gas reservoir so as to enable the flow of products to the surface.
- Artificial lift systems are employed to enhance the production rate of a reservoir whenever the reservoir pressure is unable to bring the products to the surface either due to depletion of the reservoir pressure or lower natural pressure from the start of production cycle. More than 90% of total producing wells across the globe employ artificial lift systems for their production output. Around 96% of producing oil wells in the U.S. use artificial lift systems from the beginning of their production cycle.
Increase in Production of Unconventional Resources to Drive Artificial Lift Systems Market
- Rise in demand for energy and fossil fuels in various industries, including transportation, has led to the development of unconventional oil and gas resources across the globe. The world is near the end of easy oil era, with commercial reserves now lying far beneath the earth crust or deep under the ocean beds. Producers are focusing on unconventional sources of oil and gas, such as shale oil, shale gas, coal bed methane, and oil sands, to overcome these challenges and ensure the supply of oil and gas. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), around 7,576.6 trillion cubic feet of shale gas and about 418.9 billion barrels of tight oil are available across the globe. Artificial lift systems are required to extract these resources due to the lack of natural pressure to force them to the surface.
- Rise in the number of aging wells and maturing reservoirs across the globe is also expected to drive the demand for artificial lift systems during the forecast period. Mature fields account for around two-third of the global oil production. However, the production output from these fields has been declining due to the drop in natural pressure of reservoirs in these fields. Therefore, artificial lift systems are used to increase production from these fields and extract maximum amount of recoverable resources. Artificial lift systems help raise reservoir pressure, thus resulting in an increase in the flow of oil and gas to the surface.
- Growth in investment in the upstream oil & gas industry and rise in discovery of new fields are also estimated to boost the demand for artificial lift systems during the forecast period. The investment scenario in the upstream sector has gradually improved over the last few years. According to the IEA, the upstream capital expenditure rose from ~US$ 434 Bn in 2016 to ~US$ 471.8 Bn in 2018. This growth is projected to result in discovery of new fields and rise in demand for artificial lift systems in the near future.
Volatility in Crude Oil Prices Likely to Restrain Artificial Lift Systems Market
- Prices of crude oil are usually market driven. They are largely influenced by supply-demand scenario, along with geo-political conditions, especially in the Middle East and the U.S. Therefore, prices of crude oil are volatile. This influences investment in the upstream to a large degree. Decrease in prices of crude oil after mid 2014 led to a decline in investments in the sector. This adversely affected the demand for artificial lift systems. Thus, volatility in prices of crude oil is expected to hamper the artificial lift systems market in the near future.
Increase in Deep and Ultra-deep Water Activities to Present New Opportunities
- Upstream companies are moving offshore and investing significantly in deep and ultra-deep waters to explore and exploit reserves present in these areas. Recovery of oil prices has encouraged companies to invest substantially in these projects in order to take advantage of the price movement. Artificial lift systems are usually required for the production of resources in offshore areas due to the large distance between the reservoir and the production outlet. Thus, growth in investments in offshore oil & gas exploration and production activities is anticipated to provide new opportunities to the artificial lift systems market.
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts
- On October 14, 2019, Apergy Corporation announced it had invested in Apex Metalúrgica, a manufacturer of sucker rods based in Argentina. The company strategically invested in Apex Metalúrgica in order to advance its growth and presence in South America. Apergy Corporation plans to utilize the capabilities of Apex Metalúrgica, which has proved itself as a highly capable operations & engineering company in Argentina.
- In August 2019, Weatherford International plc launched ‘Mamba’ in a co-commercialization collaboration with ExxonMobil. The product is a sucker rod coupling, which has been designed to significantly reduce friction between production tubing & coupling and wear in corrosive, sandy, and deviated wells. The proprietary diamond-like layer coated on the coupling helps decrease friction. Its carbon-spray coating enhances wear resistance around six times than that of a normal coupling, and also increases its uptime.
- In May 2018, Apergy Corporation announced its successful separation from Dover Corporation. Apergy Corporation is a leading provider of oil and gas engineered technologies and equipment, which help operators produce oil and gas efficiently and safely. The Dover Corporation board approved the spin-off of Apergy Corporation in April 2018. Apergy Corporation also announced that it had become an independent public company and would trade under the symbol of ‘APY’ on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In October 2017, Borets International announced it had opened a new ESP service center in the Sohar Industrial Estate of Oman. The company declared that the center was opened after the signing of an agreement of a three-year contract worth US$ 105 Mn with Petroleum Development Oman (PDO).
North America Leads Artificial Lift Systems Market
- North America dominated the global artificial lift systems market in 2018. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period, primarily due to the high demand for artificial lift systems in the U.S., where around 96% of oil wells require assistance of artificial lift systems since the beginning of their production life.
- Europe closely followed North America, in terms of market share, in 2018. Russia & CIS countries were the major demand centers of artificial lift systems in Europe. This can be primarily ascribed to the presence of a large number of oil and gas wells in Russia & CIS countries.
- The artificial lift systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa held minimal share of the artificial lift systems market in 2018
International Players Dominate Artificial Lift Systems Market
- The artificial lift systems market is consolidated, with the dominance of well-established and international players
- Key players operating in the artificial lift systems market are
- Schlumberger Limited
- Weatherford International Plc
- Baker Hughes
- a GE Company
- Apergy Corporation
- Borets International Limited
- Superior Energy Services, Inc
- National Oilwell Varco
- Halliburton Inc.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Flowco Production Solutions
Artificial Lift Systems Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global artificial lift systems market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the artificial lift systems market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the artificial lift systems market will progress during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the artificial lift systems market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the artificial lift systems market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the artificial lift systems market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the artificial lift systems market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the artificial lift systems market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Artificial Lift Systems Market
The report provides detailed information about the artificial lift systems market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the artificial lift industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which component of artificial lift systems market will emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of artificial lift systems?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the artificial lift systems market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the artificial lift systems market?
- Which system is expected to have maximum potential for artificial lift systems during the foreseeing period?
Research Methodology – Artificial Lift Systems Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the artificial lift systems market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the artificial lift systems market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the artificial lift systems market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the artificial lift systems market.
Artificial Lift Systems Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the artificial lift systems market on the basis of component, system, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the artificial lift systems market.
Hardware (Pump, Motor, Cable System, Pump Jack, Sucker Rod, and Others)
Electrical Submersible Pumping (ESP)
Sucker Rod Lift
Progressing Cavity Pumping (PCP)
Others (including Plunger Lift)
Middle East & Africa