Arthroscopy RF System: Introduction
- Arthroscopy is currently a trusted and a developed method for surgery used by various surgeons and doctors across the globe. This device has a camera, fiber optic light, small lens, and monitor, which is inserted in the bones of the patient to examine and treat the damaged area. This technique is widely used to treat injuries to the knee, shoulders, elbow, hips, wrists, and ankles.
Key Drivers of Global Arthroscopy RF System Market
- Demand for arthroscopy RF system has increased significantly due to a rise in the geriatric population, which is susceptible to injuries
- Moreover, an increase in the number of ambulatory surgery centers, sports-related injuries, and availability of technically advanced instruments have also boosted the market
- Rise in preference for minimally invasive surgery, which is much better than traditional surgery as it is capable of innovative pain mapping process and results in shorter recovery process, is estimated to further propel the market. These factors are projected to fuel the global arthroscopy RF system market at a high growth rate in the next few years.
Bipolar Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global arthroscopy RF system market can be divided into bipolar and monopolar
- The bipolar segment accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019, as bipolar arthroscopy RF systems are widely accepted. Bipolar arthroscopy minimizes scars and post-operative infections.
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global arthroscopy RF system market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, homecare, rehabilitation center, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market in the next few years due to an increase in number of surgeries and treatment procedures. Rise in demand for new products in hospitals among healthcare professionals and practitioners is expected to further drive the segment.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Arthroscopy RF System Market
- In terms of region, the global arthroscopy RF system market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a major share of the global market in 2019. Around 2 million sports-related surgeries were performed in the U.S. itself, which is attributed to the notable share held by the region in the global arthroscopy RF system market. Most importantly, presence of major players in the region further augments the arthroscopy RF system market in North America. Europe is likely to offer significant opportunity for the market due to an increase in government support for research & development and rise in prevalence of bone-related disorders.
- Emerging economies in Asia Pacific are also expected to propel the market. Large geriatric population, rising expenditure on healthcare, and an increase in demand for minimally invasive surgeries are key factors driving the arthroscopy RF system market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global Arthroscopy RF System Market
The global arthroscopy RF system market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global arthroscopy RF system market are:
- Smith and Nephew
- Stryker Corporation
- Johnson and Johnson
- Conmed Corporation
- KARL STORZ
- Richard Wolf
- Zimmer Biomet Holding
Global Arthroscopy RF System Market: Research Scope
Global Arthroscopy RF System Market, by Type
Global Arthroscopy RF System Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centre
Global Arthroscopy RF System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!