Arachnoiditis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Arachnoid is a thin and transparent membrane, also known as meninges, which protects the nerves of the spinal cord. Inflammation of the arachnoid results in a pain disorder, which leads to arachnoiditis. The inflammation occurs due to irritation from spine injury, chemicals, infections, compression in the spinal nerves, or post spine surgical complications. The inflammation results into scar tissue and adhesions, which cause nerves to stick together and cause arachnoiditis. Symptoms of arachnoiditis include numbness, tingling, burning pain in lower legs, and this rare condition causes paralysis in the legs in some people.
- Arachnoiditis causes severe and chronic pain, and neurological deficits, and the symptoms vary from mild to severe. The pattern of the condition is unpredictable; however, it depends on symptoms, severity, and progression. Age and mild neurological symptoms could worsen arachnoiditis and result in paralysis. Arachnoiditis is quite common in people aged between 40 and 60. It is a rare condition and the risk factors include diabetes, alcoholism, AIDS, chemotherapy, and organ transplantation. Prevalence of arachnoiditis is low; however, an estimated 25,000 cases occur every year in North & South America, Asia, and Europe.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Arachnoiditis Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
- Rise in number of spinal surgeries, increase in incidence of bacterial & viral spinal infections, surge in pain relief procedures, awareness & understanding about arachnoiditis, and adoption of novel treatments are the major drivers of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population is a major factor propelling the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Technological advancements and awareness about proper diagnosis are likely to augment the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Adoption of various diagnostic tools such as inflammatory markers and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are likely to drive the global market.
- Initiatives taken by governments and various organizations to spread awareness about arachnoiditis are also anticipated to boost the growth of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. For instance, the State of Michigan declared Arachnoiditis Awareness Month every year, with a goal of creating maximum awareness about the disease and its treatment. These factors are projected to fuel the growth of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Strong research & development, increase in diagnosis rate, and technological advancements are the other drivers of the global market.
North America to Lead Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global arachnoiditis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global arachnoiditis treatment market during the forecast period owing to higher prevalence of arachnoiditis, rise in spinal surgeries, and increase in minimally invasive procedures. Rise in risk of bacterial & viral infections, pre- and post-surgical complications, and increase in the geriatric population are the factors anticipated to drive the arachnoiditis treatment market in North America. Moreover, rise in initiatives to spread awareness about this rare disease condition is likely to drive the need of diagnostic tools. This factor is projected to propel the arachnoiditis treatment market in the region. Supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and demand for better treatment are factors anticipated to augment the market in North America. Europe was the second largest market for arachnoiditis treatments in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Rise in number of spine surgeries, increase in the geriatric population, and continuous investments in research & development are the factors boosting the growth of the arachnoiditis treatment market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market for arachnoiditis treatments in the next few years. This is attributed to increase in minimal invasive surgeries, awareness and adoption of treatments for arachnoiditis, and improvement in the health care system. Increase in diagnostic tools, availability of pain relief medications, ongoing studies on surgery as a treatment, and developing infrastructure are likely to boost the growth of the arachnoiditis treatment market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Arachnoiditis Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
The global arachnoiditis treatment market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of large and small players. Major players in the global arachnoiditis treatment market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Novartis AG
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Adhesive Arachnoiditis
- Arachnoiditis Ossificans
- Cerebral Arachnoiditis
- Hereditary Arachnoiditis
- Neoplastic Arachnoiditis
- Optochiasmatic Arachnoiditis
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Class
- Neuropathic Agents
- Adrenergic Agents
- Physical Therapy
- Nerve Stimulation
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.