Appendicitis Market: Introduction
- Appendix is small tube with protrusion-like shape located at the beginning of the large intestine and in the lower right of the abdomen. However, in several patients, the location of appendix could be different. Appendix loses its digestive function with course of time for and is recommend to remove, if causes pain. Appendicitis is an inflamed condition of appendix and if left untreated, this could result in ruptured appendix or abdominal abscess. Symptoms of appendicitis is often confusing with the similar other health conditions, such as Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, intestinal blockage, pelvic inflammatory disease, stomach problems, gall bladder problems, and other conditions. Thus, appropriate diagnosis is required for appendicitis with the help for various diagnosis test.
- Appendicitis could be a life-threatening condition, if left untreated. The two major treatment for appendicitis condition is surgical removal of appendix also known as appendicectomy, and medication, such as antibiotics. Appendicectomy is also performed through open surgery, laproscopically, and other minimal invasive surgeries.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Appendicitis Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Appendicitis Market
- High prevalence of appendicitis across the globe is a major factor boosting the market globally. Appendicitis is a global prevailing condition, which has prevalence in developed economies; however, developing countries are witnessing a rise in appendicitis incidences. African countries have lesser incidence of acute appendicitis, as their food intake includes dietary fibers, which lowers the rate of appendicitis. Rising incidence of pediatric appendicitis is a major factor propelling the appendicitis market. As per a research published on Medscape, the average age of pediatric suffering from appendicitis is between 6 years and 10 years. Lymphoid hyperplasia is one of the key reasons for the growing appendicitis indication in this age group. Younger children are estimated to have a higher perforation rate of 50% to 85%.
- Awareness and faster adoption of diagnostic techniques for appendicitis are others factors propelling the growth of the appendicitis market globally. These techniques are higher in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Europe as compared to developing economies. However, growing awareness about various diagnostic tests for appendicitis is expected to encourage its adoption in emerging economies of Asia and Latin America. Minimally invasive surgeries is another factor driving the demand for surgeries for the appendicitis condition. Blood biomarker have shown promised result in the diagnosis of the appendicitis condition.
- Difficulty in diagnosis of appendicitis acts as a major restraint for the global appendicitis market. Appendicitis shows an equally important symptom such as other abdominal disease, which makes it difficult for physicians to examine and diagnose this condition. The pain varies with individuals and does not necessarily have typical physical symptoms. In some patients, appendix is located behind colon, liver or pelvis, which is different from general location of appendix. Proficient diagnosis test are available for correct diagnosis of appendicitis.
Adoption of Advanced Solo Single Incision Laparoscopic Appendectomy to Drive Global Appendicitis Market
- Faster adoption of solo single incision laparoscopic appendectomy (SILA) as compared to conventional single-incision laparoscopic appendectomy is driving the global appendicitis market. This type of advanced laparoscopic appendectomy aims at faster recovery, lesser pain, smaller scar, and provide better patient outcome than the conventional method. This conventional method offers ergonomic challenges and thus, is not preferred. Solo single incision laparoscopic appendectomy incurs lesser healthcare cost as compared to other methods.
- This minimally invasive surgery is being increasingly adopted by physicians, as it is less painful than other techniques. SILA is performed in several surgeries.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Appendicitis Market Report
North America to Lead Global Appendicitis Market
- The global appendicitis market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is considered the largest market for appendicitis with rising incidences of the appendicitis cases in the region. Increase in appendicitis patient pool is driving the need for minimally invasive surgeries and thus, is boosting the use of the antibiotics used in the appendicitis condition. These factors are fueling the demand for surgeries, and development of advanced medication and surgical instruments. As per research, in the year 2018, the incidence of acute appendicitis in the United States was 10 per 100,000 people. Appendicitis is likely to affect around 7% of the global United States population with an incidence rate of 1.1 cases in 1,000 people every year. Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market for appendicitis surgeries. Technological advancements, demand for minimally invasive surgeries for appendicitis, and increase in patient pool are factors driving the global market. Moreover, geriatric population with chronic diseases is expected to suffer from the appendicitis condition, mainly in Japan and China. Moreover, faster adoption of solo single-incision laparoscopic appendectomy in developing countries is anticipated to augment the appendicitis market in the region. Japan is considered to have a higher patient pool suffering from appendicitis condition. Government policies and adoption of rapid diagnostic tests for appendicitis condition are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Appendicitis Market
The global appendicitis market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer Inc
- Cooper Surgical Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Astellas Pharma
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Desco Medical India
- Blacksmith Surgical
Global Appendicitis Market: Research Scope
Global Appendicitis Market, by Type
- Acute Appendicitis
- Chronic Appendicitis
Global Appendicitis Market, by Treatment
- Appendectomy Surgery
Global Appendicitis Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Appendicitis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.