Appendicitis Market: Introduction
- Appendix is small tube with protrusion-like shape located at the beginning of the large intestine and in the lower right of the abdomen. However, in several patients, the location of appendix could be different. Appendix loses its digestive function with course of time for and is recommend to remove, if causes pain. Appendicitis is an inflamed condition of appendix and if left untreated, this could result in ruptured appendix or abdominal abscess. Symptoms of appendicitis is often confusing with the similar other health conditions, such as Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, intestinal blockage, pelvic inflammatory disease, stomach problems, gall bladder problems, and other conditions. Thus, appropriate diagnosis is required for appendicitis with the help for various diagnosis test.
- Appendicitis could be a life-threatening condition, if left untreated. The two major treatment for appendicitis condition is surgical removal of appendix also known as appendicectomy, and medication, such as antibiotics. Appendicectomy is also performed through open surgery, laproscopically, and other minimal invasive surgeries.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Appendicitis Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Appendicitis Market
- High prevalence of appendicitis across the globe is a major factor boosting the market globally. Appendicitis is a global prevailing condition, which has prevalence in developed economies; however, developing countries are witnessing a rise in appendicitis incidences. African countries have lesser incidence of acute appendicitis, as their food intake includes dietary fibers, which lowers the rate of appendicitis. Rising incidence of pediatric appendicitis is a major factor propelling the appendicitis market. As per a research published on Medscape, the average age of pediatric suffering from appendicitis is between 6 years and 10 years. Lymphoid hyperplasia is one of the key reasons for the growing appendicitis indication in this age group. Younger children are estimated to have a higher perforation rate of 50% to 85%.
- Awareness and faster adoption of diagnostic techniques for appendicitis are others factors propelling the growth of the appendicitis market globally. These techniques are higher in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Europe as compared to developing economies. However, growing awareness about various diagnostic tests for appendicitis is expected to encourage its adoption in emerging economies of Asia and Latin America. Minimally invasive surgeries is another factor driving the demand for surgeries for the appendicitis condition. Blood biomarker have shown promised result in the diagnosis of the appendicitis condition.
- Difficulty in diagnosis of appendicitis acts as a major restraint for the global appendicitis market. Appendicitis shows an equally important symptom such as other abdominal disease, which makes it difficult for physicians to examine and diagnose this condition. The pain varies with individuals and does not necessarily have typical physical symptoms. In some patients, appendix is located behind colon, liver or pelvis, which is different from general location of appendix. Proficient diagnosis test are available for correct diagnosis of appendicitis.
Adoption of Advanced Solo Single Incision Laparoscopic Appendectomy to Drive Global Appendicitis Market
- Faster adoption of solo single incision laparoscopic appendectomy (SILA) as compared to conventional single-incision laparoscopic appendectomy is driving the global appendicitis market. This type of advanced laparoscopic appendectomy aims at faster recovery, lesser pain, smaller scar, and provide better patient outcome than the conventional method. This conventional method offers ergonomic challenges and thus, is not preferred. Solo single incision laparoscopic appendectomy incurs lesser healthcare cost as compared to other methods.
- This minimally invasive surgery is being increasingly adopted by physicians, as it is less painful than other techniques. SILA is performed in several surgeries.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Appendicitis Market Report
North America to Lead Global Appendicitis Market
- The global appendicitis market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is considered the largest market for appendicitis with rising incidences of the appendicitis cases in the region. Increase in appendicitis patient pool is driving the need for minimally invasive surgeries and thus, is boosting the use of the antibiotics used in the appendicitis condition. These factors are fueling the demand for surgeries, and development of advanced medication and surgical instruments. As per research, in the year 2018, the incidence of acute appendicitis in the United States was 10 per 100,000 people. Appendicitis is likely to affect around 7% of the global United States population with an incidence rate of 1.1 cases in 1,000 people every year. Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market for appendicitis surgeries. Technological advancements, demand for minimally invasive surgeries for appendicitis, and increase in patient pool are factors driving the global market. Moreover, geriatric population with chronic diseases is expected to suffer from the appendicitis condition, mainly in Japan and China. Moreover, faster adoption of solo single-incision laparoscopic appendectomy in developing countries is anticipated to augment the appendicitis market in the region. Japan is considered to have a higher patient pool suffering from appendicitis condition. Government policies and adoption of rapid diagnostic tests for appendicitis condition are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Appendicitis Market
The global appendicitis market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer Inc
- Cooper Surgical Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Astellas Pharma
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Desco Medical India
- Blacksmith Surgical
Global Appendicitis Market: Research Scope
Global Appendicitis Market, by Type
- Acute Appendicitis
- Chronic Appendicitis
Global Appendicitis Market, by Treatment
- Appendectomy Surgery
Global Appendicitis Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Appendicitis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.