Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market: Introduction
- Appendiceal cancer is also known as appendix cancer. Abnormal changes in cells of appendix and out of control growth of cells lead to the appendix cancer. Typical treatment of appendix cancer includes surgery or chemotherapy in combination with surgery. The type of surgery procedure depends upon the stage, type of cancer, and patient’s general health. The same chemotherapy used for colon cancer is also used for cancer of the appendix. Appendix cancer may not have any noticeable symptoms in the beginning. It is usually discovered during surgery. The symptoms of appendix cancer include ovarian masses, sever or chronic abdominal pain hernia, and diarrhea. It is considered to be a very rare type of cancer. As per an article published in the Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery in 2015, estimated 1.2 per 100,000 cases of appendix cancer are found each year in the U.S.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market
- Government initiatives to increase awareness regarding severity of diseases are the factors anticipated to drive the appendiceal cancer treatment market during the forecast period. Furthermore, rise in focus on research and development in order to improve the innovative treatment options and develop targeted therapies for appendix cancer is likely to fuel the growth of the market.
- Old age is one of the risk factors for appendiceal cancer. Thus, surge in geriatric population is anticipated to drive the market.
- Strategic developments by key players are likely to augment the appendiceal cancer treatment market during the forecast period. For instance, in June 2019, Pfizer Inc. agreed to acquire Array BioPharma Inc. to boost the cancer treatment portfolio.
- However, lack of well-defined classifications owing to the rarity of this type of cancer turns into limiting the amount of research. Thus, it restrains the growth of appendiceal cancer treatment market.
- Government initiatives in developing countries are making significant investment toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure and rising awareness regarding cancer diagnosis & treatment by conducting various programs. It is expected to create lucrative opportunity in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global appendiceal cancer treatment market. Significant research and development, well established healthcare infrastructure, and early adoption of advanced therapies are the key factors anticipated to drive the appendiceal cancer treatment market in the region.
- Asia Pacific expected to hold significant share of the market. The market in the region is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Surge in number of geriatric population and growing awareness among population are the key factors leading to drive the appendiceal cancer treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market
The global appendiceal cancer treatment market is highly fragmented due to presence of large number of key players. Key players are engaged in research and development, owing to rising demand for newer therapies. This, in turn, drives the market. A large number of manufacturers hold major shares in their respective regions.
Major players operating in the global appendiceal cancer treatment market include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Genentech, Inc.
- sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Amgen Inc.
Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Local/Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Systemic Chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy
Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market, by Type of Appendix Cancer
- Colonic-type Adenocarcinoma
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of Appendix
- Goblet Cell Adenocarcinoma
- Neuroendocrine Carcinoma
Global Appendiceal Cancer Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa