Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Condition in which the body stops producing new blood cells is known as aplastic anemia. Acquired aplastic anemia and inherited bone marrow failure syndromes are the two types of aplastic anemia. Inherited aplastic anemia is common in young adults and children, whereas acquired aplastic anemia is common in adults.
- Aplastic anemia results in bone marrow damage. The damage may occur after exposure to some drugs or infections, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or toxic chemical.
Key Drivers of Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market
- Increase in prevalence of blood disorder is anticipated to drive the global aplastic anemia treatment market. For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the U.S., hemophilia A affects 1 in 5,000 male newborns and about 400 babies are born with hemophilia A each year; an estimated incidence of hemophilia is 1 per 12,000 annually.
- According to Leukemia Foundation, the incidence of aplastic anemia is 0.7 – 4.1 cases per million people across the world
- Increase in awareness about aplastic anemia and blood disorders is likely to fuel the growth of the global market. For instance, The Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation, NORD - National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc., and CancerIndex, among others, are spreading awareness about aplastic anemia. In February 2019, The Aplastic Anemia Trust spring awareness Campaign was launched.
- Developing market, such as Asia Pacific, Middle East & Arica, and Latin America present significant opportunities for aplastic anemia market players. Rise in prevalence and incidence rate of aplastic anemia exhibits growth potential. For instance, according to an article published in the Association of Physicians of India, in a study conducted during 2007 – 2014, 214 average number of new aplastic anemia patients enrolled in India.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market Brochure
High Cost of Treatment to Hamper Market Growth
- Cost of treatment is a major factor influencing the selection of the treatment. The cost of bone marrow transplant is more than US$ 300,000. Thus, high cost of the treatment is likely hamper the growth of the aplastic anemia treatment market.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global aplastic anemia treatment market due to high prevalence rate of blood disorder. For instance, according to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, in 2019, an estimated 61,780 people with leukemia and 176,200 with general blood cancer were expected to be diagnosed in the United States. According to Canadian Cancer Society, in Canada, approximately 21,000 Canadians were diagnosed with blood cancer in 2019.
- The aplastic anemia treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the rise in prevalence rate of aplastic anemia and bone marrow disorder
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global aplastic anemia treatment market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective region. Major companies in the market are engaged in developing new products and obtaining approvals. For instance, in November 2018, Novartis AG received the approval from the Food and Drug Administration for Promacta as the first line treatment for aplastic anemia. In September 2016, Regen BioPharma Inc. submitted an additional data application for orphan drug, HemaXellerate. In September 2015, Novartis AG received an approval from the European Commission for Revolade for the treatment of aplastic anemia in adult patients.
Leading players operating in the global aplastic anemia treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Amgen Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Bone Marrow Transfusion/Stem Cell Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Drug Therapy
- Antithymocyte Globulin
- Alkylating Agents - Cyclophosphamide
- Immunosuppressant - Cyclosporine
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Acquired Aplastic Anemia
- Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes (Inherited Aplastic Anemia)
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
- Intravenous (IV)
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Aplastic Anemia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.