A mouthwash or mouth rinse is a liquid which is swilled around the mouth or passively held by the contraction of perioral muscles or the movement of the head. Mouthwashes can also be gargled when tilting the head backwards. Mouthwash is used to reduce the microbial activity in the oral cavity. These are also used for their anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic uses. An antiseptic mouthwash contains an antibacterial formula which helps fight plaque, bad breath, and gingivitis. Such mouthwashes can temporarily reduce or control bad breath while leaving a pleasant taste. Antiseptic mouthwashes are gaining popularity as they have a positive effect on teeth in terms of gloss, color, and hardness. With several manufacturers spreading awareness about the significance of mouthwashes, these products are becoming a part of primary oral care activity. A recent trend observed in the market is the introduction of herbal antibacterial mouthwashes driven by the green movement gaining traction. The global antiseptic mouthwash market is highly concentrated and marked by intense competition, presence of few major players, and constant product innovation.
There are many factors driving the global antiseptic mouthwash market. The increasing per capita disposable income and awareness of dental care is expected to be a major driver of the market. Their ease of usage is also expected to add to the market’s growth. Recommendations from dentists during checkup and endorsements by various dental associations are also helping end-users in trusting the mouthwashes and is expected to boost the growth of the market. Increase in the number of people with certain medical conditions like halitosis (in medical terms bad breath), is also expected to be a driver of growth.
There are, however, some factors that are restraining the growth of the market. The lack of awareness about mouthwashes in developing regions around the world is expected to hinder the market’s growth. Moreover, the slowdown in sale due to market saturation in developed economics is expected to restrain the market growth.
Major opportunity for vendors exist in Middle East & Africa region that have Muslim majority population in countries such as UAE and Saudi Arabia where alcohol consumption is prohibited. Vendors can introduce alcohol free anti-bacterial mouthwashes to capture the market in the region.
The global antiseptic mouthwash market can be segmented on the basis of type, distribution channel, and geography. On the basis of type, the market can be segmented into natural antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride antiseptic mouthwash. Based on distribution channel, the market can be divided into hypermarket & supermarket, convenience stores, and online sale.
Based on geography, the global antiseptic mouthwash market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America is expected to hold a major share of the total market owing to the higher adoption and penetration of antiseptic mouthwash as compared to other regions. The market in North America is also expected to expand at a significant rate, driven by countries such as the United States and its increasingly innovative products and sales techniques. In terms of market share, North America is expected to be followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa, and South America are expected to hold a minor share of the total market.
The major players in the global antiseptic mouthwash market are Church & Dwight Co, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Hawley & Hazel (BVI) Co. Ltd., The Colgate-Palmolive Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc. and Procter & Gamble Co.. Other prominent market players are GlaxoSmithKline plc, Lion Corporation, Amway, Dr. Harold Katz, LLC, Caldwell Consumer Health, LLC, Weleda, Inc. and Dendron Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.