Anti-piracy Protection: Introduction
- Anti-piracy protection refers to the protection of authentic data on the internet against copying. The solution assists major businesses to manage and combat online piracy while also ensuring data integrity.
- Anti-piracy technologies are employed to secure confidential and legitimate data on the internet. Anti-piracy protection keeps track of, manages, and combats online piracy. Anti-piracy software is used to send out harsh warnings to unauthorized downloaders.
- Increasing usage of the internet and smartphones in emerging countries is expected to considerably help the anti-piracy protection market growth during the anticipated timeframe
- The IT industry's fast digitalization and increased acceptance of cloud-based services are fueling market growth. The market is being driven positively by an increase in cyber-attacks and increased piracy activities in the entertainment and media sector.
- An increase in piracy-related activities, increased spending on data privacy, and the use of content security software are some of the driving factors supporting market growth.
- In November 2020, Verimatrix introduced the latest Verimatrix Watermarking, an anti-piracy technology for HTML5 that allows improved cybersecurity protection across multiple content platforms.
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market: Dynamics
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market: Key Drivers
- Data security and reliability are becoming increasingly important in every sector. The security of content uploaded on the web is being improved by thriving media and entertainment industry firms with a growing subscriber base.
- Governments in both developed and developing countries are focusing on enforcing various regulations and rules that reduces income loss due to piracy.
- With the shift toward online streaming content, illegal streaming services are unlawfully distributing copyrighted information, costing the United States economy about US$ 30 Bn each year.
- Increasing government data privacy requirements and rising investment in IT infrastructure security are factors that are projected to generate new opportunities for participants in the target market throughout the forecast period.
- In addition, players' efforts to develop their operations in emerging markets and expand their revenue share are likely to boost revenue transactions in the anti-piracy protection market over the coming years.
- The global anti-piracy protection market is projected to be hampered by factors such as expensive product and service costs, as well as technological flaws. Furthermore, the high cost of authentic goods and the availability of essential content from anonymous internet users are problems impeding the growth of the anti-piracy protection market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Anti-piracy Protection Market
- Covid-19 has had a significant impact on the anti-piracy market. The pandemic is hastening the rise of piracy, which is the unlawful copying of commercial software. Software companies have reported that piracy increased 20 to 30 percent due to COVID-19 and the work from home facility. Unlicensed software is increasingly risky and expensive for organizations. Malware from unauthorized software costs businesses around the world roughly US$359 Bn every year.
North America to Account for Large Share of the Global Anti-piracy Protection Market
- In terms of region, the global anti-piracy protection market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- The North America is expected to be the most profitable region for income generated from anti-piracy defense over the coming years.
- In terms of value for anti-piracy security and services, the anti-piracy protection market in the United States and Canada is expected to lead all local markets in 2019.
- The anti-piracy protection market is influenced by the presence of notable anti-piracy protection developers such as Camp 6 Inc., Norton Life Lock, and Opsec Security. Illicit film streaming and music downloads from unlicensed sites will also bolster anti-piracy defenses. Strict anti-piracy rules, and illegal streaming of online content are also supporting the market growth.
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market: Competition Landscape
- The worldwide anti-piracy protection market is extremely competitive due to the large number of companies and innovative product offerings. Furthermore, expansion efforts of companies such as partnerships and agreements are projected to intensify competitiveness.
- Focus of major companies to enhance business through strategic mergers and acquisitions, as well as a focus on the development of new solutions is projected to support regional market growth.
- Major participants in the market have entered into strategic arrangements and collaborations that will help them increase their revenue share. This is likely to considerably support the share of the anti-piracy protection market over the forecast period. For instance, in October 2020, Friend MTS announced plans to enter a new global partner program to combat content piracy in the entertainment industry. This is expected to engage with the high-profile customers and media partners that include broadcasters, content owners, and operators.
Key Players Operating in the Global Anti-piracy Protection Market Include:
- APP Global
- Arris International Limited
- Brightcove, Inc.
- Friend MTS
- NAGRA (Kudelski)
- Pallycon (INKA Entworks Inc.)
- Sandvine Incorporated
- Synamedia Ltd. (CISCO)
- Verizon Media
- Onsist U.A.
- Wiser Market Ltd.
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market, by Type
- Automated Protection
- Personal Agent Provision
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market, by Application
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Global Anti-piracy Protection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.