Anti-drone Market (Type: Detection Systems [Radar-based, Passive Optics, Active Optics, Acoustics, RF Emissions, and Others] and Neutralizing Systems [Jamming, Interception, Drone Rifles, Drone Capture Nets, Laser, and Others]; and End Use: Government, Military, Airfields, Buildings, Power Stations, Fuel Storage, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Detection Systems Equipped with IR Sensors Detect Hostile Drones
Recent events of drone attacks, such as the deadly attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities has fueled the demand for efficient detection systems. Hence, companies in the anti-drone market are equipping detection systems with electro-optical and infrared sensors to detect hostile drones based on their visual and heat signatures. Manufacturers are further pairing these sensors with AI algorithms and machine vision to reduce the incidences of false positives and false negatives.
Companies in the anti-drone market are increasing efficacy in the development of acoustic detection systems that are capable of comparing noise made by drone propulsion systems to a database of sounds to identify potentially threatening drones. On the other hand, companies in the anti-drone market are developing anti-drone weapon systems built with guns and missiles to target rogue drones. These systems are gaining prominence in the military sector. Likewise, these systems include high-powered laser or microwave to destroy the target drone.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Anti-drone Market
U.K. to Fund Projects to Innovate in Anti-drone Technologies
The U.K. has announced an investment of US$ 2.57 Mn in promising projects catering to anti-drone and drone detection technologies. For instance, Airspeed Electronics Ltd- an electronic design consultancy, has entered the list of the U.K.’s Ministry of Defence program to develop AI detection systems using acoustic sensors. Hence, companies are tapping into revenue opportunities in the U.K., owing to the growing demand for anti-drone detection systems. Similarly, there is a need for detection systems that can identify and neutralize UAS (unmanned aerial systems) threats in the anti-drone market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Engineering firms and defense contractors in the anti-drone market are increasing R&D to develop systems that can detect approaching drones and neutralize incoming threats. With increased investments by governments in anti-drone systems, there is a rise in the number of proof-of-concept designs that offer theoretical backing to systems that are in the development phase.
Manufacturers Combine Knowledge of Air Traffic and Defense to Make Airports Safer
The anti-drone market is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 1.8 Bn by 2027 from ~US$ 300 Mn in 2018. This is evident since companies are increasing production capabilities to increase the availability of anti-drone systems at airports. For instance, Indra Sistemas, S.A.- a leader in information technology and defense systems, demonstrated the functionality of its anti-drone protection systems for safety of airports by inviting some bodies that cater to air traffic management at the most important airports in the world.
Companies in the anti-drone market are gaining expertise to develop high-definition radars that are capable of detecting devices from several kilometers of distance. They are combining the technology of these radars with long-range infrared cameras to confirm and track the targets. Manufacturers are merging their knowledge of air traffic and defense to make airports safer. They are increasing efforts to design anti-drone systems that use jamming techniques in a controlled manner to minimize interference with other systems.
Companies Eye Incremental Opportunities by Improving Technologies in RF Jammers
There is a growing demand for technologies that thwart dangerous drones that may inflict harm on civilian and defense areas. However, it is challenging for manufacturers to achieve the level of precision in these technologies, especially catering to RF (Radiofrequency) jammers. For instance, it was potentially difficult for officials to intercept two rogue drones sighted at the Gatwick International airport, England, which led to disruption in traveling and other losses with respect to airport and carrier revenue. Hence, companies in the anti-drone market are now developing system screens that provide data on multiple variables to avoid interference with other signals.
Manufacturers in the anti-drone market are innovating in miniature drone radars equipped with the drone signal jamming technology. They are leveraging opportunities in physical countermeasures by manufacturing anti-drone nets that are capable of capturing drones without destroying them, in order to gain useful evidence or intelligence. Companies are developing kinetic anti-drone devices that are gaining prominence in military applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Anti-drone Market
The anti-drone market is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR of ~20% during the forecast period. Companies are developing UAS swarm systems to help end users to detect and neutralize UAVs by employing peregrine falcon attack strategies.
Passive radars are being increasingly used for the detection of UAVs. However, issues such as high false alarm rates in radars and their potential interference with other signals are likely to slow down market growth. Hence, manufacturers should develop specialized active radars that are costlier to manufacture as compared to passive radars, but balance constant coverage and multiple drone tracking attributes.
Anti-drone Market: Overview
- In the highly competitive global anti-drone market, innovation is the key that companies operating in the market are relying on to be progressive. The global market is also witnessing entry of startups with their innovative ideas, which would intensify competition in the market further.
- The global anti-drone market is primarily driven by the need to counter security issues posed by intrusion by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and unmanned aerials systems (UASs). UAVs and UASs have the capability to track, identify, and locate drone vehicles from a certain distance and prevent unlawful activities that can cause harm to civilian life.
- Technological advancements in the manufacture of aerial vehicles leading to decline in their prices have made them affordable for several end-users. This is also promoting growth of the global anti-drone market.
- A report by Transparency Market Research forecasts that the global anti-drone market is likely to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~20% between 2019 and 2027 and reach value of ~US$ 1.8 Bn by 2027. The global market was valued at US$ 315 Mn in 2018.
High Demand for Anti-drone Systems in Military
- The report studies the global anti-drone market in terms of type, end use, and region. Based on type, the market has been segmented into detection systems and neutralizing systems. The neutralizing system segment held a leading share of the global anti-drone market, in terms of revenue, in 2018. Radar-based and active optics systems are leading sub-segments of the detection system segment. The low price of these technologies than RF emission or acoustics type detection systems is responsible for dominance of these sub-segments.
- In terms of end use, the global anti-drone market has been divided into government, military, airfields, power stations, fuel storage, and others. Military and government segments held a leading share of the global market in 2018. The military segment is projected to witness rapid growth, followed by the government segment, during the forecast period.
- Apart from military and government, the commercial segment is also expected to contribute significantly to the global anti-drone market during the forecast period. This involves use of anti-drone systems for protection of airports, government buildings, commercial buildings, and places of public gatherings.
Use of Technology for Enhancing National Security Leads in North America to Drive Global Market
- Based on region, the global anti-drone market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The market in North America is anticipated to witness rapid growth between 2019 and 2027. The neutralization technology segment of the market in the region is expected to expand at a significant rate between 2019 and 2027. The military force of the U.S. and that of other NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) members have been using anti-drone systems in the war-torn areas of Syria and Afghanistan over the last few years. Deployment of anti-drone systems in commercial and government buildings, prisons, and places of public gatherings has also been driving the anti-drone market in North America over the last few years.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to closely follow that in North America, in terms of growth rate, during the forecast period. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant rate between 2019 and 2027, primarily due to high demand for neutralizing system type of anti-drones. China and India witness substantial demand for anti-drone systems, primarily for military use. Apart from this, law enforcement agencies in China have started using anti-drone guns for public safety. Government, airfields, and military end use segments account for more than 70% share of the Asia Pacific anti-drone market.
- A few key companies operating in the global anti-drone market are
- Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd.
- Boeing Co.
- Dedrone Detect Inc.
- Enterprise Control Systems
Anti-drone Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global anti-drone market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global anti-drone market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global anti-drone market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the anti-drone market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global anti-drone market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global anti-drone market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global anti-drone market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of Anti-drone Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global anti-drone market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trend in types on the global anti-drone market?
- Would North America continue to remain the most dominant regional market for providers of anti-drones in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global anti-drone market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global anti-drone market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global anti-drone market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global anti-drone market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global anti-drone market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global anti-drone market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global anti-drone market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global anti-drone market more reliable and accurate.
Anti-drone Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global anti-drone market divides the market based on type, end use, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global anti-drone market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.