Anti-drone Market (Product Type: Detection System and Neutralizing System; Platform Type: Ground-based, Handheld, and UAV-based; and End-use Industry: Government, Military, Airfields, Buildings, Power Stations, Fuel Storage, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 182 Pages
Widening Applications in Defense Sector to Propel Market Growth
During the past decade, drones have played a key role in several avenues, particularly in the defense sector. Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), flying robots, and compact pilotless aircraft continue to gain considerable popularity around the world. Although advancements in drone as well as anti-drone technology are rapid, the anti-drone market is currently at the nascent stage due to which, there is tremendous scope for advanced anti-drone technologies and concepts in various industries. While the demand for drones, mainly from defense and e-Commerce sectors is on the rise, mass adoption of the anti-drone technology is gradually taking shape, owing to advancements in various technologies.
The adoption of anti-drone systems and technologies from business as well as government organizations around the world is on the rise and as per current trends, anti drone technologies are gradually piercing into different industrial sectors. Players operating in the current anti-drone market are increasingly focusing on improving the accuracy, range, size, and several other functional and physical parameters of their solutions to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. Several players in the market are investing noteworthy resources in testing various prototypes and improving the design aspects of their anti-drone systems.
While government agencies are expected to remain primary consumers of anti-drone systems, considerable research is being carried out to investigate the potential of these solutions in a spectrum of industrial sectors. At the back of these factors, the global anti-drone market is expected to reach US$ 3.5 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Anti-drone Market
Anti-drone Technology Set to Redefine Future of Rogue Drone Defense
Over the past decade, owing to safety concerns and potential threat to national security, anti-drone systems have garnered considerable interest around the world. Military as well as non military drones have repeatedly posed considerable security threats to various nations around the world due to which, the demand for anti-drone technologies and systems is expected to witness considerable surge during the forecast period. At present, multiple players operating in the anti-drone market landscape, including startups and state-owned contractors are focusing on the development of anti-drone systems that have the capability to track, detect, jam, and destroy rogue drones. In addition, several aerospace and defense manufacturers are increasingly focusing on developing anti-drone systems that are highly efficient even at night.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Advancements in UAV Technology and High-scale Industry Adoption to Boost Market Growth
Within the anti-drone market, the current global patent landscape has experienced considerable developments due to the entry of an array of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Due to the versatility offered by drones or UAVs, the demand across various industries, including consumer goods, transportation, agriculture, and military. As the drone technology continues to provide considerable benefits to the military sector, government agencies are increasingly issuing commercial drone permits, which in turn, has created considerable opportunities for participants operating in the anti-drone market. In addition, considerable developments in ancillary functions and underlying technology have played a key role in accelerating innovations in the drone and anti-drone market. As more number of drone technologies continue to enter the market, with it, anti-drone technologies and systems, including anti-jamming and trajectory services are gaining worldwide interest. The progress in the counter-drone technology is projected to provide a boost to the overall growth of the global anti-drone market.
Demand for Anti-drones to Flatten amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a short-term impact on the global anti-drone market. While technological advancements are likely to drive the market to new heights over the course of the forecast period, disruptions in the supply chain coupled with restrictions on cross-border trade are likely to cause delays in the completion of raw material and component consignments, particularly from China. While the market growth is anticipated to remain slower than initial projections, the demand for anti-drone systems and technologies is projected to grow at a consistent pace in the COVID-19-free era, as governments continue to strengthen their defense capabilities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Anti-drone Market
The global anti-drone market is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of ~21% during the forecast period due to several factors including growing investments in drone technologies, advancements in ancillary drone and anti-drone technologies, widening applications in various industries, and heightening global interest in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Market players are expected to focus on improving the performance, accuracy, and quality of their anti-drone systems. Due to the presence of an array of leading companies in North America and Europe, these regions are likely to spearhead innovations in the global anti drone market.
Anti-drone Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global anti-drone market for the historical period 2017–2018 and the forecast period 2020–2030, increasing demand from the commercial sector and for military and defense purposes are factors expected to boost the global anti-drone market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global anti-drone market is estimated to reach value of US$ 3.5 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~21% during the forecast period
Demand for Anti-drones from Commercial Sector: A Key Driver
- Drones have played a crucial role during the COVID-19 pandemic as a mechanism for law enforcement, delivery of healthcare services, and delivery for e-Commerce platforms
- The use of drones/UAVs for illegal activities such as piracy, unauthorized surveillance, and spying are expected to increase. Photographers and video makers are now using drones for personal usage, which is a risk since drones can also be unauthorized and irrelevant (unfriendly or related to terrorist attacks). These instances have led to the rise in demand for anti-drone systems from private entities or local law enforcement authorities for safety-related purposes.
- Anti-drone systems for commercial use are now becoming popular, apart from the UAV detectors used by the military sector. They serve the purpose of detection and neutralizing (to a certain extent). This driver is expected to have a high impact on the global anti-drone market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Anti-drones for Military and Defense Purposes: A Key Driver
- As the commercial sector of various countries around the world are eyeing drone delivery systems, it is crucial for military and defense sectors to ensure that the drones moving in the sky are safe
- Several drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and unmanned aerial systems (UASs) are available in the market due to rapid technological advancements in this field. This has eventually brought down their prices, making them easily accessible to everyone.
- Although UAVs have their origin embedded in military applications (which have been growing in terms of size, payload, and capabilities in recent years), their use for illegal and non-peaceful purposes is on the rise. Demand for anti-drone systems to counter such activities is increasing, especially in war-torn countries such as Iraq, Syria, and some African countries.
Strict Government Regulations Hinder Growth of Anti-drone Market
- Although strict government regulations regarding unauthorized or illegal use of drones still do not exist in several parts of the world, the use of anti-drone systems would require several clearances from government bodies for their legal use
- As a majority of anti-drone systems designed for neutralizing the target, use concentrated beams of laser or electromagnetic waves, their irresponsible use may cause a considerable amount of damage to nearby properties or even people, in worst cases
- For these reasons, nobody can possess an anti-drone system without proper training and a legal license. This restraint is projected to have a moderate impact on the market in the next few years.
Anti-drone Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of anti-drones have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global anti-drone market are
- Com Boeing Co
- DeTect, Inc
- Enterprise Control Systems
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Liteye Systems, Inc
- Raytheon Co.
- Thales Group
- Theiss UAV Solutions, LLC.
- SAAB A.B.
- SRC, Inc
- Safran Electronics & Defense
Anti-drone Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of anti-drones, such as Dedrone, DeTect, Inc, DroneShield, Enterprise Control Systems, and Lockheed Martin Corporation are focusing on the construction of cost-effective anti-drones so as to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global anti-drone market are highlighted below:
- In August 2019, DroneShield released a new drone detection product, following extensive developments in response to user feedback. RfZero is an omnidirectional drone detection device with a range of 1 kilometer and is designed as a more cost-effective fixed site alternative to DroneShield’s higher-end product, RfOne – a 5-kilometer radio-frequency direction finder.
- In May 2019, DeTect announced a partnership with Los Angeles based Drone Defend Company that will supply and support DroneWatcher for the greater Los Angeles and Las Vegas manufacturing locations
- In the global anti-drone market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of anti-drone systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global anti-drone market.
Anti-drone Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global anti-drone market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global anti-drone market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global anti-drone market in order to illustrate how the global market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global anti-drone market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global anti-drone market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global anti-drone market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global anti-drone market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Global Anti-drone Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global anti-drone market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global anti-drone market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of anti-drones in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global anti-drone market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global anti-drone market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global anti-drone market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global anti-drone market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global anti-drone market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global anti-drone market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global anti-drone market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global anti-drone market more reliable and accurate.
Anti-drone Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global anti-drone market divides the market based on product type, platform type, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global anti-drone market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.