Anti-Cathepsin B Market: Introduction
Cathepsin B belongs to a family of lysosomal cysteine proteases. It plays an important role in intracellular proteolysis. In humans, Cathepsin B is encoded by the CTSB gene. Anti-Cathepsin B antibody is used to treat cancers, traumatic brain injuries, Ebola infection, and fertility issues.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Rise in incidence rate of cancer across the globe is a major factor driving the market. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death globally. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years. Rise in cancer-afflicted population is anticipated to be one of the key drivers of the market. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, the number of cancer patients diagnosed in the U.S. reached approximately 21 million in 2014. This number is estimated to reach 25.4 million by the end of 2024. Increase in cancer cases is driving the need for early diagnosis or profiling of cancer. This is ultimately fueling the global Anti-Cathepsin B market.
- Government funding for research in tumor or cancer treatment is another major factor boosting the market. In order to reduce mortality and morbidity rate, governments in developed and developing countries are conducting awareness campaigns to encourage people to opt for early diagnosis and treatment of cancer. This is expected to augment the market during the forecast period. In April 2016, the U.S. Government assigned US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The budget was increased by 5.3% compared to that in the previous year. The NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer. According to data published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in January 2016, variety of Cathepsin B inhibitors have been developed and investigated for the inhibition of tumor invasion to treat different cancers; however, none has been successful in demonstrating clinical evidence to treat cancers.
- Lack of approved Cathepsin inhibitors for various pharmaceutical applications is the major factor restricting the market
Primary Antibodies Product Type Segment to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Based on product type, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into primary antibodies, proteins & peptides, and lysates
- The primary antibodies generated maximum revenue for the market in 2019. Anti-Cathepsin B antibodies are available from several suppliers. In humans, this protein is encoded by the gene CTSB. The protein is also known as APPS, CPSB, RECEUP, APP secretase, and amyloid precursor protein secretase. These anti-Cathepsin B antibodies are used for ELISA, western blotting, flow cytometry, and other screening purposes.
Traumatic Brain Injury Application Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on application, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into cancer, traumatic brain injury, Ebola infection, fertility treatment, and others
- The cancer segment dominated the global market in 2019. The segment is projected to sustain its position during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of cancer is expected to boost the segment. According to the National Institutes of Health, the rate of new cases of cancer is 442.4 per 100,000 men and women per year (based on 2013–2017 cases). As per WHO, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and led to around 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about one in six deaths is due to cancer.
- The traumatic brain injury segment is expected to expand at a faster CAGR during the forecast period. According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 13.5 million people in the U.S. live with a disability due to traumatic brain injury. According to the CDC, approximately 2.87 million cases of traumatic brain injury were reported in the U.S. in 2014; children accounted for more than 837,000 of these cases.
Pharmaceutical Companies End-user Segment Estimated to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Based on end-user, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into pharmaceutical companies and academic & research institutes.
- The pharmaceutical companies segment generated the maximum revenue in 2019 owing to increase in funding and investments by various pharma companies. In July 2014, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company, Virobay, Inc., developed a platform of Cathepsin protease inhibitors for the treatment of neuropathic pain, autoimmune disease and fibrosis.
North America to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- In terms of region, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the major share of the global anti-Cathepsin B in 2019. It was followed by Europe. Increase in prevalence of cancer or traumatic brain injury is estimated to boost the market in the region. According to the American Cancer Society, Inc., around 1.8 million new cancer cases are estimated to be diagnosed the U.S. by the end of 2020, along with 606,520 cancer deaths.
- The market in developing economies in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in patient population, focus of key players on providing new treatments, and increase in public & private health care spending are fueling the anti-Cathepsin B market in Asia Pacific. Awareness and adoption of novel drugs play a major role in propelling the anti-Cathepsin B market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global anti-Cathepsin B market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Techne, BioVision Inc.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- BioCat GmbH
- ApexBio Technology
- Cayman Chemical
- Selleck Chemicals
- BOC Sciences
- AG Scientific
- Virobay Inc.
- Abcam Plc
Anti-Cathepsin B Market: Research Scope
Anti-Cathepsin B Market, by Product Type
- Primary Antibodies
- Proteins & Peptides
Anti-Cathepsin B Market, by Application
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Ebola Infection
- Fertility Treatment
Anti-Cathepsin B Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
Anti-Cathepsin B Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.