Antibody Isotyping Kit: Introduction
- Antibody is a blood protein produced in response to a specific antigen. An antibody is also known as immunoglobulin and is generally Y-shaped in structure. Advances in genetic engineering make antibodies, especially monoclonal antibodies, more robust and efficacious as these increase the binding capacity to any type of specific antigen and hence these are very effective as a diagnostics tool to evaluate various infectious diseases.
- Antibody isotyping kits are used to determine the class of monoclonal antibody and subclass identity. For determining the class of monoclonal antibody and subclass identity, it is important to choose the method by which it should be purified and used in immunoassays; antibody isotyping kit falls under the category of immunoassay kits. Antibody isotyping kits are available in two basic formats: ELISA kits or membrane (strip or cassette) kits. When determining which kit to use, it is important to select isotype-specific antibodies that are derived from a different host species than the test samples.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
- Increase in clinical research, evolution of infectious diseases, and unhealthy lifestyle of the population has led to innovation of new biological drugs as well as diagnostic kits. Several biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies offer different diagnostic assays to meet the unmet medical needs of the health care system.
- In 2014, Epitope Diagnostics, Inc. launched a new set of monoclonal antibody MMAE-ADC and MMAF-ADC ELISA kits, which are specific to detecting monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE) and monomethyl auristatin F (MMAF), the two anti-cancer compounds. Launch of such innovative antibody based diagnostic kits is likely to enable the measurement of the disease condition more accurately. This is expected to increase interest of diagnostic laboratories and hospitals to use these products.
- Governments of several countries are investing in diagnostic health care. According to the World Bank, global healthcare expenditure was 6% of GDP. In 2016, world health care expenditure was US$ 6.5 Trn. In 2015, health care spending in the U.S. increased by 5.8% to reach US$ 3.2 Trn. The overall share of the U.S. economy devoted to health care spending was 17.8% in 2015, up from 17.4% in 2014. In 2015, total government health care expenditure in Europe was 7.2% of GDP.
- With respect to government investment in developing antibody-based diagnostic kits, in February 2018, the Bio & Medical Technology Development Program of the National Research Foundation of Korea developed a rapid diagnostic test kit to detect IgG and IgM antibody against Zika virus using monoclonal antibodies and the whole research was funded by the Government of South Korea.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
- In terms of geography, the global antibody isotyping kit market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are expected to hold major share in the antibody isotyping kit market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure in the region and large patient population along with increasing technological development.
- Increase in government intervention in the emerging markets has led to rise in awareness about diseases and improvement in the health care infrastructure. Additionally, socioeconomic development has been observed in emerging economies such as Asia, Africa, and Latin America. These factors contribute to the overall increase in spending capacity of the population.
- Moreover, prevalence of life threatening diseases and infectious diseases such as COVID-19 is high in these regions. According to the WHO estimates, 3 million cases were detected till April 2020, with nearly 2 lakh COVID-19 related deaths. The number of COVID cases is expected to increase across the globe, with 50% of cases in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Hence, increase in investment in these emerging markets is a major opportunity for key players, and these are anticipated to be major markets for antibody-based diagnostic assay.
Key Players Operating in Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
Manufacturers in the global antibody isotyping kit market are increasingly investing in research & development of new and innovative techniques for screening and diagnosis. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global antibody isotyping kit market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Abbott laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Danaher Corporation
- Ortho Clinical
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sysmex Corporation
- Quidel Corporation
- Creative diagnostics
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market: Research Scope
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Product
- ELISA Antibody Isotyping Kits
- Multiplex Antibody Isotyping Panels for Luminex System
- Dipstick Style Rapid Antibody Isotyping Kits
- Cassette Style Rapid Antibody Isotyping Kits
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Application
- Hepatitis Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis Diagnostics
- Dengue Diagnostics
- Oncology Diagnostics
- HIV Diagnostics
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics
- Others Diagnostics
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by End-user
- Clinical Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Academic Research Centers
- Biotechnology Companies
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.