Antibody Isotyping Kit: Introduction
- Antibody is a blood protein produced in response to a specific antigen. An antibody is also known as immunoglobulin and is generally Y-shaped in structure. Advances in genetic engineering make antibodies, especially monoclonal antibodies, more robust and efficacious as these increase the binding capacity to any type of specific antigen and hence these are very effective as a diagnostics tool to evaluate various infectious diseases.
- Antibody isotyping kits are used to determine the class of monoclonal antibody and subclass identity. For determining the class of monoclonal antibody and subclass identity, it is important to choose the method by which it should be purified and used in immunoassays; antibody isotyping kit falls under the category of immunoassay kits. Antibody isotyping kits are available in two basic formats: ELISA kits or membrane (strip or cassette) kits. When determining which kit to use, it is important to select isotype-specific antibodies that are derived from a different host species than the test samples.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
- Increase in clinical research, evolution of infectious diseases, and unhealthy lifestyle of the population has led to innovation of new biological drugs as well as diagnostic kits. Several biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies offer different diagnostic assays to meet the unmet medical needs of the health care system.
- In 2014, Epitope Diagnostics, Inc. launched a new set of monoclonal antibody MMAE-ADC and MMAF-ADC ELISA kits, which are specific to detecting monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE) and monomethyl auristatin F (MMAF), the two anti-cancer compounds. Launch of such innovative antibody based diagnostic kits is likely to enable the measurement of the disease condition more accurately. This is expected to increase interest of diagnostic laboratories and hospitals to use these products.
- Governments of several countries are investing in diagnostic health care. According to the World Bank, global healthcare expenditure was 6% of GDP. In 2016, world health care expenditure was US$ 6.5 Trn. In 2015, health care spending in the U.S. increased by 5.8% to reach US$ 3.2 Trn. The overall share of the U.S. economy devoted to health care spending was 17.8% in 2015, up from 17.4% in 2014. In 2015, total government health care expenditure in Europe was 7.2% of GDP.
- With respect to government investment in developing antibody-based diagnostic kits, in February 2018, the Bio & Medical Technology Development Program of the National Research Foundation of Korea developed a rapid diagnostic test kit to detect IgG and IgM antibody against Zika virus using monoclonal antibodies and the whole research was funded by the Government of South Korea.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
- In terms of geography, the global antibody isotyping kit market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are expected to hold major share in the antibody isotyping kit market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure in the region and large patient population along with increasing technological development.
- Increase in government intervention in the emerging markets has led to rise in awareness about diseases and improvement in the health care infrastructure. Additionally, socioeconomic development has been observed in emerging economies such as Asia, Africa, and Latin America. These factors contribute to the overall increase in spending capacity of the population.
- Moreover, prevalence of life threatening diseases and infectious diseases such as COVID-19 is high in these regions. According to the WHO estimates, 3 million cases were detected till April 2020, with nearly 2 lakh COVID-19 related deaths. The number of COVID cases is expected to increase across the globe, with 50% of cases in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Hence, increase in investment in these emerging markets is a major opportunity for key players, and these are anticipated to be major markets for antibody-based diagnostic assay.
Key Players Operating in Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market
Manufacturers in the global antibody isotyping kit market are increasingly investing in research & development of new and innovative techniques for screening and diagnosis. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global antibody isotyping kit market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Abbott laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Danaher Corporation
- Ortho Clinical
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sysmex Corporation
- Quidel Corporation
- Creative diagnostics
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market: Research Scope
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Product
- ELISA Antibody Isotyping Kits
- Multiplex Antibody Isotyping Panels for Luminex System
- Dipstick Style Rapid Antibody Isotyping Kits
- Cassette Style Rapid Antibody Isotyping Kits
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Application
- Hepatitis Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis Diagnostics
- Dengue Diagnostics
- Oncology Diagnostics
- HIV Diagnostics
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics
- Others Diagnostics
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by End-user
- Clinical Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Academic Research Centers
- Biotechnology Companies
Global Antibody Isotyping Kit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.