Anti-thrombin III Testing Market: Introduction
- Antithrombin III is a small glycoprotein anticoagulant that inhibits other proteolytic enzymes and inactivates multiple coagulation system enzymes. The antithrombin III blood test is also known as the antithrombin test, functional antithrombin III test, or AT III test. It accounts for the majority of antithrombin activity in plasma. It circulates in the bloodstream and renders the thrombin inactive. Thromboembolism is caused by antithrombin III deficiency, which can be hereditary or acquired.
- Antithrombin III is used to treat two types of congenital antithrombin deficiency. Both antithrombin activity and antithrombin concentration in the blood are reduced in type I deficiency. Antithrombin is produced in sufficient quantities in type II, but it is dysfunctional. Antithrombin testing, along with other tests for excessive clotting problems, is usually conducted to determine the source of recurring blood clot formation (thrombosis). Antithrombin deficiency is diagnosed by evaluating the activity (function) and quantity (quantity) of antithrombin.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market
- The global anti-thrombin III testing market is projected to be driven by the advent of novel testing methods. An increasing number of companies offer effective and innovative diagnostic techniques, which is anticipated to propel the global market in the next few years. For instance, Siemens AG'a Berichrom Antithrombin III (A) reagent is used to inhibit thrombin factor and has a considerable market. Additionally, the company launched Sysmex CA-600, which provides advanced immunologic detection, clotting, and chromogenic methods. The system is integrated with easy-to-use features for simplified laboratory settings. Considering the features offered by the latest systems, using these devices is likely to simplify anti-thrombin III testing, which in turn is expected to augment the global market.
- All anti-thrombin III testing products are available as rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs). RDTs are becoming more popular, as these are easy to use and can quickly screen biological material and provide results. These testing products are preferred for preliminary or emergency medical screening. Consequently, demand for anti-thrombin III testing products is increasing in hospitals and other diagnostic institutions, which boosts the growth of the global market.
- Demand for anti-thrombin III testing kits is projected to increase due to surge in the number of patients with blood & cardiovascular diseases and the number of surgeries performed. However, lack of clinically available protocols to treat anti-thrombin deficiency, strict restrictions, and limited access to diagnostic techniques in developing countries are expected to hamper the growth of the global anti-thrombin III testing market during the forecast period.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global anti-thrombin III testing market during the forecast period. The demand for coagulation testing is significantly high among patient population in North America. Additionally, increase in incidence of blood-related disorders fuels the demand for anti-thrombin III testing in North America. Focus of governments to provide best health care drives the demand for novel therapeutics in North America. This factor is likely to establish a healthy environment for the anti-thrombin III testing market in the region.
- Europe is projected to be an attractive market for anti-thrombin III testing during the forecast period. Launch of new anti-thrombin III testing methods by prominent companies is anticipated to augment the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market
The global anti-thrombin III testing market is moderately consolidated owing to presence of small number of major players. Key players operating in the global anti-thrombin III testing market are:
- Siemens AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- ARUP Laboratories
- Walk-In Lab, LLC
- Invitae Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Other Prominent Players
Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market, by Type of Deficiency
- Type I Antithrombin Deficiency
- Type II Antithrombin Deficiency
Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market, by End-user
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Anti-Thrombin III Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.