Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market: Overview
The anti-epileptic drugs are those medications that are developed for the purpose of idiopathic and asymptomatic treatment of seizures and epilepsy. In addition to epilepsy and seizures, antiepileptic drugs can also be taken for the purpose of treatment of neuropathic pain. Exact causes of epileptic seizures are still not defined or determined. However, the main factors that contribute towards epilepsy comprise incidents such as substance use disorders, stroke, and brain injury. Antiepileptic drugs or medicines (AEDs), treatment of epilepsy are prescribed based on the age of the patient, part of the brain that is affected, and type of seizures to be treated. In addition to that, expanding base of geriatric population, dietary habits, intake of alcohol, and smoking are some of the significant factors that are triggering growth of the global anti-epileptic drugs market. Anti-epileptic drugs are also known as anti-seizure drugs in the market.
In its new report on global anti-epileptic drugs market, Transparency Market Research has shed light on all the aspects of global Anti-Epileptic Drugs. Market drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, key players, and forecasts have been discussed into detail. The information that has been shared is sure to offer success mantra for the businesses that are operating the market.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of this Report here
Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market: Notable Developments
Key players that are operating in the global anti-epileptic drugs market are constantly trying for mergers and acquisitions to expand their regional footprint. Many new innovative ideas are coming up to keep the businesses afloat in the forthcoming years and stay competitive in the market.
- Pfizer Inc. has made announcement of the successful completion of its acquisition process of Therachon Holding AG., a privately held clinical-stage biotechnology company. Under the prevailing terms of the said transaction, Therachon Holding AG was acquired by Pfizer Inc. an additional USD 470 million, over and above $340 million. The additional payment of USD 470 million was made following the achievement of key milestones in the commercialization and development of TA-46.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc and Sunovion Pharmaceuticals are a few of the noted players operating in in the global anti-epileptic drugs market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To get the perfect launch ask for a Custom Report here
Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market: Key Trends
The global anti-epileptic drugs market is projected to exhibit the following market trends and opportunities:
Valporic Acid to Lead Market Growth due to Increased Usage
Of all the anti-epileptic drugs, the valporic acid is expected to account for most of the share in the market over the forecast timeframe owing to its effective usage and drug structure. Valporic acids find its usage in most types of seizures. However, the fastest growth rate is forecasted to be displayed by Lacosamide drug over the period of forecast due to a surge in its adoption by the patients and healthcare professionals in the anti-epileptic drugs market alike. Such increased adoption is owing to its homogenous structure. In addition to that, availability of technologically advanced treatment and medically advanced diagnosis prescribing usage of anti-epileptic drugs are likely to shoot up the demand for the market. Growing demand for home-based anti-epileptic drugs treatment are likely to propel the growth of global anti-epileptic drugs market in the forthcoming years.
Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market: Geographical Analysis
In terms of geography, global anti-epileptic drugs market is segregated into the regions of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA). Europe and North America command the global anti-epileptic drugs market owing to extensive research & development activities. Presence of approved second-generation anti-epileptics drugs is forecasted to trigger market growth. Apart from these two regions, Asia-pacific is estimated to be fastest growing market because of better penetration of antiepileptic drugs and high prevalence of epilepsy.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.