Anorexiant Drugs: Introduction
- Obesity is a disorder, in which excess body fat is accumulated to such an extent that it could have negative effects on health. It occurs over time when people eat more calories than they utilize. Obesity increases the risk of developing chronic diseases such as breast cancer, colon cancer, type 2 diabetes, endometrial cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and musculoskeletal disorders. According to the World Health Organization, obesity affected around 650 million adults and 340 million children and adolescents in 2016. This disease is preventable through lifestyle modifications. A person is considered obese when his/her body mass index (BMI) is greater than 30. Obesity occurs due to reasons such as inactivity, genetics, family lifestyle, unhealthy diet, medications, age, and pregnancy.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Anorexiant Drugs Market
- According to the WHO, globally, obesity has nearly tripled since 1975. In 2019, an estimated 38.2 million children under the age of 5 years were overweight or obese. Once considered a high-income country problem, overweight and obesity have increased in low- and middle-income countries, particularly in urban settings. In Africa, the number of overweight children under 5 has increased by nearly 24% since 2000. Around half of the children under 5 who were overweight or obese in 2019 lived in Asia.
- Demand for anorexiant drugs is driven by increase in incidence of obesity, rise in the geriatric population, surge in lifestyle disorders, and other factors. Moreover, investment in research & development by major players augments the global market. Chronic nature of obesity, which leads to various other diseases, and increase in disposable income also fuel the growth of the global anorexiant drugs market. However, adoption of alternative treatments such as exercise, lifestyle changes, surgeries for morbid obese patients, and side effects of anti-obesity drugs hamper the growth of the global market.
- Increase in health care expenditure and rise in awareness about obesity also propel the global market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Anorexiant Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global anorexiant drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are expected to hold major share of the global anorexiant drugs market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increasing technological developments.
- Rapid adoption of emerging technologies and surge in innovation are the important aspects that present opportunities in Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Moreover, rapid growth and development of the pharmaceutical industry, rise in availability of branded drugs, and increase in burden of obesity related disorders have a positive impact on the market in these regions. Improvement in health care infrastructure, rise in use of combination therapies, and increase in pharmaceutical imports are likely to create opportunities for market players to expand their geographic presence in the Middle East.
Key Players Operating in Global Anorexiant Drugs Market
Rise in prevalence of obesity in several parts of the world has increased the degree of competition among players in the global anorexiant drugs market. Companies have been making significant investments in the development of agents with increased weight-loss efficacy and a high safety threshold. This gives players a greater chance of approval from regulatory bodies such as the U.S. FDA.
Leading companies operating in the global anorexiant drugs market are:
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited
- Zydus Cadila (Rhythm Pharmaceuticals)
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc.
- Zafgen (GlaxoSmithKline plc)
- Norgine B.V.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Global Anorexiant Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Anorexiant Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Catecholamines Anorexiants
- Serotonin Anorexiants
Global Anorexiant Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Anorexiant Drugs Market, by End-user
- Retail Sales
- Online Pharmacies
- Mail Order Pharmacies
Global Anorexiant Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.