Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market: Overview
- Syndesmosis is the name of a ligament that connects two bones of a leg. These bones - tibia and fibula - are located between the knee and ankle joints. The tibia is the larger shin bone that supports most of the weight of the body, while the fibula is the smaller bone on the outside of the leg. Syndesmosis ligament injuries often occur in conjunction with other ankle injuries. A damaged syndesmosis, if left untreated, could lead to chronic instability and degenerative arthritis. Anyone with an ankle sprain or facture should also be diagnosed for a possible injury to the syndesmosis. Pain above the ankle, calf pain, and inability to place weight on the leg are the common symptoms of syndesmosis injury. Surgery is usually necessary in ankle fracture cases with syndesmosis damage to restore stability to the ankle joint by placing screws.
- The global ankle syndesmosis treatment devices market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in number of sports injuries.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market
- Ankle syndesmosis is diagnosed frequently in common ankle sprain; however, it primarily occurs in athletes. According to the ASPETAR Sports Medicine Journal, around 1 in 10,000 people suffers from ankle sprain across the world each day, and nearly half of all ankle sprains are due to sport-related activity. A recent systematic review and meta-analysis of the ankle sprain literature stated that the prevalence rate of ankle injury was 11.9% across the world in 2014. Rise in prevalence of ankle syndesmosis is a key factor boosting the growth of the global market.
- Rapid adoption rates have been observed of technologies such as minimally invasive surgery (MIS), navigation technology, 3D bioprinting & tissue engineering, custom-made implants, computer-aided fixation of implants, and development of variable axis screw systems. These advanced products that offer advantages such as reduced post-operative complications are gaining momentum in terms of demand among end-users. This is anticipated to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Generic products such as screws, nails, and pins, which are sold at around 40% lower price, are trimming the market share of branded products. These devices are sold to hospitals without extra services. Increase in the number of local manufacturers has resulted in competitive pricing scenario, thereby affecting revenues of the companies. This is expected to restrain the global market during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global ankle syndesmosis treatment devices market during the forecast period due to increase in sports-related injuries. A study carried out by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) revealed that around 25% of sports injuries were related to lower extremities such as ankle and foot. Serious bone injuries have been reported recently among professionals as well as amateur sportspersons. According to the American Journal of Sports Medicine (2017), incidence of ankle sprain among the U.S. collegiate American football players is about 2.5 per 10,000 athletic exposures each year.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market
Major players operating in the global ankle syndesmosis treatment devices market are:
- Arthrex, Inc.
- ALEDA Makina Sanayi D?? Ticaret Ltd.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Jeil Medical Corporation
- CarboFix Orthopedics Ltd.
- Tulpar Medical Solution
- Smith & Nephew, Inc.
Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market, by Product
- Screw Fixation
- Suture-button Devices
Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market, by Material
Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Ankle Syndesmosis Treatment Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.