Increase in Number of Surgical Procedures to Drive Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market
- Anesthesia masks are largely made of anti-static silicone or rubber, since static electricity spark may ignite some anesthetic gases. These masks deliver anesthetic gases to patients through inhalation. Anesthesia masks fit perfectly over the mouth and nose, and have double hose systems. Customized anesthesia masks are available especially for adults, toddlers, and infants.
- During surgeries, anesthetic agents are used to render the patient unconscious. Anesthesia is used to relieve pain in invasive surgery that the patient can experience. Anesthetic gas and vapors that flow into the surrounding room during research and medical procedures are considered waste anesthetic gases.
- Surgeons and nurses exposed to excess anesthetic gas may experience symptoms of vomiting, nausea, poor judgment, drowsiness, and balance failure. Moreover, chronic overexposure symptoms may include effects on liver, kidneys, and reproduction system.
- Anesthetic gas masks have a cuff that make it possible to achieve a complete seal between the mask and the face of the patient
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Anesthetic Gas Masks Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic conditions
- According to the World Health Organization, the prevalence of chronic disease is expected to rise by 57% by 2030. Emerging markets are likely to record the highest rise, as population growth is anticipated to be most significant in developing nations.
- Geriatric population with chronic illness is willing to undergo surgeries at ICUs and ambulatory care centers. This is expected to drive the number of surgeries and anesthetic procedures, thus propelling the growth of the anesthetic gas masks market.
- Increase in number of surgeries demands development of advanced anesthesia gas masks
- According to the CDC, approximately 234 million surgical procedures are performed globally. One in every 25 people is undergoing surgery at any given time. China conducts the highest number of surgeries followed by India and Russia.
- Approximately 39 million surgeries are performed in the U.S. each year, which include 1.1 million endoscopic procedures of the small intestine (with or without biopsy), 1.01 million cardiac catheterizations, 499,000 endoscopic procedures of the large intestine (with or without biopsy), 719,000 knee replacements, 395,000 coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG), and 332,000 total hip replacements
- Number of cardio-thoracic MIS procedures carried out globally stood at around 10 million in 2016, which are estimated to reach 14 million by 2020. There were 9 million gastro-intestinal procedures in 2016, which is likely to reach around 13 million by 2020. Orthopedic procedures reported were around 5 million in 2016, which increased to 7 million by 2016. These statistics indicate a growth trend in the number of surgeries performed globally. Hence, significant rise in total number of surgeries has fueled the global anesthetic gas masks market.
Facial Anesthetic Masks Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global anesthetic gas masks market can be segmented into facial anesthetic masks and nasal anesthetic masks
- The facial anesthetic masks segment is expected to dominate the global anesthetic gas masks market between 2019 and 2027
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Anesthetic Gas Masks Market Report
North America to Lead Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market
- In terms of region, the global anesthetic gas masks market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global anesthetic gas masks market. The dominance of North America can be ascribed to the presence of significant patient population undergoing surgical procedures, technological advancements, and medical care in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global anesthetic gas masks market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global anesthetic gas masks market are:
- Armstrong Medical
- GE Healthcare
- Besmed Health Business
- Smiths Medical
- Sturdy Industrial
- Hamilton Medical AG
- Medline Industries
Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market: Research Scope
Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market, by Product Type
- Facial Anesthetic Masks
- Nasal Anesthetic Masks
Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Anesthetic Gas Masks Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.