Anastomosis is a surgical connection between two tubular structures, such as blood vessels or loops of intestine. Anastomosis is performed by a surgeon using anastomosis devices during cardiac and gastrointestinal surgeries, wherein the surgeon staples or sutures the two open ends to form a new connection. Major forms of anastomosis include vascular and gastrointestinal. Vascular anastomosis is a connection between a graft and a blood vessel to create a bypass during a heart bypass surgery. On the other hand, gastrointestinal anastomosis is performed during bowel resection, wherein the surgeon reattaches the two ends of the intestine together with stitches or staples. PAS-Port Proximal Anastomosis System, HEARTSTRING II Proximal Seal System, Enclose II Anastomosis Assist Device and C-Port Distal Anastomosis Systems are some anastomosis devices available in the market.
Increase in number of cardiovascular surgical procedures performed and a rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, such as gastrointestinal and cardiac disorders, across the globe are major factors driving the global anastomosis devices market. According to the European Commission, approximately 181,000 bypass anastomosis for heart revascularization procedures were performed in the 25 EU Member States in 2016. Among them, Germany conducted around 51,000 heart bypass operations in 2016. This is likely to fuel the demand for anastomosis devices in the near future. Furthermore, rapid technological advancement and favorable reimbursement scenario for cardiac procedures, including coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), open heart valve replacement, and angioplasty, in developed regions are projected to boost the adoption of anastomosis devices during the forecast period. However, complications associated with anastomosis, such as anastomotic leaks, are expected to hinder the global anastomosis devices market.
The global anastomosis devices market can be segmented based on product, application, and region. In terms of product, the anastomosis devices market can be bifurcated into disposable and reusable anastomosis devices. Based on application, the global anastomosis devices market can be classified into cardiovascular surgeries, gastrointestinal surgeries, and others. The cardiovascular surgeries segment held a prominent share of the market in 2017. It is anticipated to maintain its dominant position in the market during the forecast period, owing to a rise in number of CABG procedures performed across the globe. For instance, it is estimated that approximately, 500,000 CABG procedures are performed each year in the U.S. This is likely to fuel the demand for anastomosis devices market in the next few years.
The global anastomosis devices market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global anastomosis devices market between 2018 and 2026. Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, large number of CABG procedures performed in the U.S., and favorable reimbursement scenario for these surgeries are anticipated to drive the demand for anastomosis devices in the country. Rise in prevalence of colon cancer and an increase in the number of cardiac bypass and cholecystectomy procedures performed in Europe are expected to propel the demand for anastomosis devices in Europe. Surge in the baby boomer population suffering from cardiovascular ailments, rapid adoption of western lifestyle, which increases the risk of cardiac diseases, in the developing countries such as India and China are key factors boosting the anastomosis devices market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in the global anastomosis devices market are Medtronic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Dextera Surgical Inc., Ethicon Inc., Vitalitec International Inc., Novare Surgical Systems, Inc., MAQUET Holding B.V. & Co. KG., LivaNova PLC, and Synovis Micro Companies Alliance, Inc. These players have adopted organic and in-organic growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, and innovative product launches to expand their product portfolio and enhance their geographic presence across the globe.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.