Anaphylaxis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Anaphylaxis is a serious, potentially life threatening allergic reaction likely to occur within minutes or seconds when exposed to the allergen. Anaphylaxis causes the immune system to release chemicals by sending the body into a state of shock wherein blood pressure drops and airways are narrowed, thus posing difficulty in breathing. Its symptoms include weak pulse, skin rash, low blood pressure, rapid pulse, nausea, and vomiting, which could be triggered by specific foods, medications, insect venom, etc. This condition is likely to have a major impact on children especially allergic to peanuts, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, etc. In adults, anaphylaxis trigger include OTC drugs, antibiotics, bee stings, latex, etc.
- As per a journal published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) in 2017, up to 5% of the U.S. population suffered from the anaphylaxis condition. Moreover, as estimated, 1% of total hospitalizations and 0.1% of emergency attendances for anaphylaxis would have fatal outcomes. Drugs are a major cause of fatal anaphylaxis in various countries, such as Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Brazil, and the U.S. As per a journal published on NCBI, in year 2018, the lifetime prevalence of the anaphylaxis is estimated to be 0.05% – 2% in the U.S., and approx. 3% in the Europe. Overall, the fatality of anaphylaxis condition is relatively low across the globe.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Anaphylaxis Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market
- Rise in patient pool suffering from allergies across the globe is a major factor driving the anaphylaxis treatment market. Large unmet medical needs, changing lifestyle, and food habits are vastly impacting the growth of the global anaphylaxis treatment market. Awareness about allergy tests is expected to prevent the anaphylaxis condition. Early diagnosis of allergic reactions as a result of advanced tests is likely to drive the global anaphylaxis treatment market. Recent approvals of Epinephrine auto injectors and other drugs are likely to boost the anaphylaxis treatment market.
- Advanced diagnostic techniques are used in developed economies, such as the North America and Europe as compared to developing economies. However, rise in awareness about various diagnostic tests for allergies is expected to propel their adoption in emerging economies of Asia and Latin America. Moreover, availability of various routes of administration for immediate treatment is expected to drive the global market. Although, various risk factors, such as age and asthma, result in comorbidities, along with other disease complications. However, side effects of drugs for this allergy is anticipated to act as a restraining factor for the global anaphylaxis treatment market.
North America to Lead Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global anaphylaxis treatment market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global anaphylaxis treatment market, owing to the rise in patient pool suffering from the condition. Additionally, awareness about allergic tests and fatalities due to various allergic condition are projected to fuel the growth of the anaphylaxis treatment market in the region. Moreover, lifestyle changes, early diagnosis of specific allergies, and availability of anaphylaxis treatment are likely to boost the expansion of the anaphylaxis treatment market in North America. Key players in the region are focusing on launching innovative products, including the generic version of epinephrine, for the anaphylaxis condition. This is projected to propel market growth in in the region.
- Europe is another region with growing incidences of the anaphylaxis condition. However, the region is witnessing fast adoption of novel products in the anaphylaxis treatment. For instance, companies, such as Mylan, have introduced cheaper and generic version of EpiPen, which is contributing to market growth in the region.
- Asia Pacific is the rapidly emerging market for anaphylaxis treatment with rising awareness about the anaphylaxis condition. Awareness, adoption of allergy tests, and developing health care infrastructure coupled with large unmet medical needs are few factors responsible for the market growth in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Anaphylaxis Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Anaphylaxis Treatment market
The global anaphylaxis treatment market is highly consolidated. Key manufacturers operating in the global anaphylaxis treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Adamis Pharmaceutical Corporation
Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market, by Drug Class
Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Anaphylaxis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.