Amniotic Membrane Market
Amniotic Membrane Market (Product: Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane, Lyophilization Amniotic Membrane; Application: Surgical Wounds, Ophthalmology, Others; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialized Clinics, Research Centers & Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Amniotic Membrane Dressings Reduce Infection Transfer in Burn Patients
Chronic burn wounds lead to trauma amongst patients. What adds to the patient’s difficulty is the risk of infection, sepsis, joint problems, and scarring during the management of third-degree burns. Hence, healthcare industries are increasing awareness about amniotic membranes (AM), since these membranes have gained the approval of many health commissions across various countries.
Healthcare providers in the amniotic membrane market are increasingly using fresh amniotic membranes as dressings on burn areas. It has been found that, serology and virology tests validate the use of frozen amnion membrane dressings to minimize the risks of infection transfer. Companies in the amniotic membrane market are increasing the availability of amnion membranes to facilitate the reepithelization of burn wounds. Incremental opportunities related to burn wounds are likely to grow, since the overall surgical wounds domain accounts for the highest revenue amongst all applications in the amniotic membrane market, with a predicted value of ~US$ 1.2 billion by 2027.
The growing trend of amniotic membranes enriched with stem cells is gaining traction in the healthcare landscape. This trend is anticipated to grow even further, since it has been found that, amniotic membrane dressings significantly reduce pain in burn patients.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Amniotic Membrane Market
Companies Innovate in Stem Cell-induced hAM for Cardiac Tissue Regeneration
There is growing demand for human amniotic membranes (hAM) for cardiac tissue regeneration. Hence, healthcare companies in the amniotic membrane market fostering innovation in human-induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC)-derived cardiac muscle cells for successful cardiac tissue regeneration. This technique is pervasively becoming a treatment alternative to gelatin-based 3D matrix matrigel protein.
Heart attacks can lead to necrosis of the cardiac tissue. This trend has become a driver for the amniotic membrane market, since increasing rates of heart failures have led to several deaths, worldwide. Individuals are becoming increasingly aware about hAM. Hence, companies in the amniotic membrane market are increasing the availability of hAM in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers to aid successful regeneration of injured cardiac tissue.
Healthcare companies are focusing on innovation regarding the combination of stem cells and synthetic materials for cardiac tissue regeneration. Decellularized biological matrices are also emerging as a useful alternative for tissue regeneration.
Locally Available Amniotic Allografts Increasingly Meeting Needs of Patients with Joint Pain
Foot pain is one of the most common orthopedic complaints in the healthcare landscape. To cater to this prevalent health condition, healthcare industries are developing improved amniotic allografts to reduce joint and soft tissue pain. The introduction of amniotic allografts has helped reduce pain and enhance healing in patients suffering from foot and ankle pain.
Growing incidence of repeated trauma and joint pain in the feet has triggered the demand for amniotic allografts. Healthcare providers are providing relief to patients after several clinical trials through musculoskeletal ultrasound, electromyography and computerized tomography scans. Amniotic allografts are becoming increasingly popular amongst patients, since this technique provides long-term relief, unlike the conventional non-operative management of joint pain.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Locally available amnion mesenchymal cell injections are creating incremental opportunities for healthcare companies, since these injections help in the healing of injured peripheral nerves.
HAAM-based Approach Becomes Increasingly Suitable for Treatment of Skin Wounds
The lower third of the nose is one of the most important cosmetic units as far as the face is concerned. However, reconstruction techniques for the same remain a challenge for healthcare industries in the amniotic membrane space.
Human acellular amniotic membrane (HAAM) implantation serves as an effective approach for lower third nasal reconstruction. Companies in the amniotic membrane market are carrying out extensive investigations to closely study this biomaterial-based strategy. However, in many cases, HAAM leads to full-thickness defects after the surgical procedure. Lack of research studies make it unclear whether the locations of the wound affect the healing potential of HAAM. To overcome these challenges, healthcare industries in the amniotic membrane market are increasing efforts to establish a standardized process for HAAM that can aid its adoption for future clinical use.
Altogether, HAAM is found to have a promising approach for treating various skin defects. Hence, healthcare industries are increasing its application in the amniotic membrane market for repairing skin wounds. They are increasing their R&D efforts to study the safety and efficacy of HAAM for burn wounds and diabetic foot ulcers.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The amniotic membrane market is highly consolidated in nature, with only four major players accounting for ~70% of the market share. Companies are increasing their presence in inorganic strategies such as commercializing their product portfolios. For instance, in August 2018, MiMedx - a leader in placental-based products, revealed that it had received regulatory approval to commercialize its product portfolio in dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane (dHACM) products in Australia.
However, complications associated with amniotic membranes, such as post AM transplantation infection and premature degeneration, are likely to hamper market growth. To win over these hurdles, companies should increase R&D related to the orientation of AM with useful techniques such as sutureless AM in clinical-based setting.
Amniotic Membrane Market and Report Description
- Cryopreserved amniotic membranes and lyophilization amniotic membranes are the two types of amniotic membranes are used in wound healing and ophthalmology applications.
- Amniotic membrane transplantation is used as a graft or dressing in different surgical procedures to reduce inflammation and promote wound healing. Cryopreserved amniotic membranes are primarily used in ocular surface surgeries, as cryopreservation preserves the biological structure, including the cells and other organelles by cooling them to very low temperatures.
- Amniotic membranes are used in ophthalmology to reconstruct the ocular surface after various surgical procedures, as a graft for ocular surface melts, or as a bandage to promote healing in cases of persistent epithelial defects or ocular surface inflammation. The application of amniotic membranes in ophthalmology has increased significantly in the past few years.
- Amniotic membrane transplantation is used in surgical wounds as a graft or dressing material in different surgical subspecialties.
- Rise in the number of trauma cases, burn injuries, and ophthalmic disorders are projected to drive the global amniotic membrane market during the forecast period.
- The global amniotic membrane market is projected to expand at a healthy CARG of ~10% from 2019 to 2027.
Global Amniotic Membrane Market: Drivers
- Increase in number of accident and trauma cases drive the global amniotic membrane market. Human amniotic membrane has wide range of applications including treatment of ocular surface disorders and wound healing. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), an estimated 180,000 deaths are caused by burns each year, with majority occurring in low- and middle-income countries and two third in Africa and Southeast Asia.
- Amniotic membrane (AM) transplantation as a permanent surgical graft has shown to promote epithelialization and reduce inflammation, scarring, and neovascularization. Amniotic membranes are also used as temporary patch or biological bandage for acute chemical burns.
- Governments of several countries fund stem cell/regenerative medicine studies. This factor propels the global amniotic membrane market.
- Based on the Government Accountability Office data, approximately US$ 2.89 Bn was invested by seven federal agencies for regenerative medicine research from 2012 to 2014. Of this, 88% was invested by the National Institutes of Health. Government initiatives to spread awareness about usage of amniotic membrane is likely to propel the global amniotic membrane market in the near future.
- Rise in government initiatives and continuous funding is expected to boost the growth of the global amniotic membrane market
Global Amniotic Membrane Market: Key Segments
- The cryopreserved amniotic membrane dominated the global amniotic membrane market in 2018. Cryopreservation preserves biological constructs such as cells and organelles by cooling the sample to a very low temperature, and cryopreserved amniotic membranes aid wound healing.
- The surgical wounds segment dominated the global amniotic membrane market in 2018. Rise in the number of sport- and fall-related injuries is expected to drive the growth of the segment over the period of forecast. It is anticipated to create high incremental opportunity in the global amniotic membrane market during the forecast period.
- Rise in the number of accident cases and trauma injuries in several countries makes hospitals a major end user of the amniotic membrane market. Growth of the segment can be attributed to rise in the rate of hospitalization and wide range of services offered at a single site.
Global Amniotic Membrane Market: Competition Analysis
- The global amniotic membrane market report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market.
- Leading players analyzed in the amniotic membrane market report are
- Integra LifeSciences
- Skye Biologics, Inc.
- Katena Products, Inc.
- Amnio Technology
- Applied Biologics
- TissueTech, Inc.
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
- Human Regenerative Technologies
- Each of these players has been profiled in the global amniotic membrane market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategy, product portfolio, business segment, and recent developments.
- In February 2017, Integra LifeSciences acquired Derma Sciences to strengthen its tissue regeneration segment. This breakthrough therapy enabled the company to enhance its regenerative tissue product line, and treat a diverse population with wound healing properties.
- Development of innovative new products through robust R&D, global expansion through wide distribution network, and mergers & acquisitions are key strategies adopted by leading players in the global market. Several companies are focusing on new product launches and mergers & acquisitions on a global level.
- In August 2018, MiMedx received regulatory approval from the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia for distributing dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane (dHACM) products.
Amniotic Membrane Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global amniotic membrane market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the said market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global amniotic membrane market for the period of 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global amniotic membrane market from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global amniotic membrane market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach to study various attributes of the global amniotic membrane market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global amniotic membrane market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global amniotic membrane market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global amniotic membrane market. Key players operating in the global amniotic membrane market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of the players in the global amniotic membrane market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Amniotic Membrane Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue expected to be generated by the amniotic membrane market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global amniotic membrane market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the global market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue, globally, in 2027? Which segment is projected expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global market?
Amniotic Membrane Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global amniotic membrane market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key vendors and distributors operating in the market, and regulatory scenario for the approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Global Amniotic Membrane Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global amniotic membrane market includes information divided into four segments: product, application, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global amniotic membrane market have been discussed in detail.
Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane
Lyophilization Amniotic Membrane
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Research Centers & Laboratories
Middle East & Africa