Ammonium Sulfate Market: Overview
- Ammonium sulfate is an inorganic sulfate salt produced artificially during the reaction of two equivalents of ammonia with sulfuric acid
- Ammonium sulfate is widely used as nitrogen fertilizer for alkaline soil to enhance crop yields
- It is also used as flame retardants, food additives, and purifying protein. Furthermore, it is used to produce ammonium salts (including ammonium persulfate).
- Ammonium sulfate is also used in cattle feed supplements, industrial chemicals, and pharmaceutical applications
Rise in Demand for Aluminum Sulfate in Fertilizers Industry to Drive Market
- Rise in demand for nitrogen-based fertilizers in order to increase crop yield due to rising demand for food is expected to drive the demand for ammonium sulfate in the near future
- Ammonium sulfate is widely used as soil fertilizer, as it contains sulfur and nitrogen. It is used to moderate acidity in alkaline soils. Ammonium sulfate is preferred for rice cultivation in flooded soils instead of nitrate-based fertilizers, as they could lead to leaching and denitrification.
- Increase in demand for ammonium sulfate in food additive and pharmaceutical industries is also driving the demand for ammonium sulfate. Ammonium sulfate is categorized as a safe acidity regulator in bread and flours by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Rise in supply of ammonium sulfate and limited consumption of the product may cause oversupply in the marketplace. This is anticipated to lower the price of ammonium sulfate. In turn, this is projected to hamper the global ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period.
- The ammonium sulfate market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. The industrial shutdown implemented as a measure to curb the spread of the disease has led to a stoppage in the manufacture of caprolactam. This is hampering the production of ammonium sulfate.
- Ammonium sulfate is produced as a byproduct of coke oven processes and caprolactam. Caprolactam is used in the manufacture of nylon fibers. Increase in demand for nylon fibers boosted the production of caprolactam..
Solid Product Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on product type, the global ammonium sulfate market can be bifurcated into solid and liquid
- The solid segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. Solid ammonium sulfate has higher purity and is preferred in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The liquid grade is widely used in water treatment and fertilizer industries. It is considered a stable and effective source of ammonia for chloramination.
Fertilizers Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the ammonium sulfate market can be divided into fertilizers, pharmaceuticals, food & feed additives, wastewater, and others
- The fertilizers segment held major share of the market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Rise in demand for food grains due to growth in population has led to an increase in agricultural production. This is also propelling the demand for various agrochemicals including fertilizers.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Market
- In terms of region, the global ammonium sulfate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019. Demand for ammonium sulfate is estimated to be driven by increase in consumption of nitrogen-based fertilizers. Rise in population and growth in food grain consumption has boosted the consumption of agricultural commodities in the region.
- Expansion of agricultural area under cultivation in Europe is likely to augment the ammonium sulfate market in the region. Restrictions imposed by the EU on the consumption of nitrates is likely to boost the demand for ammonium sulfate in the region in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global ammonium sulfate market is fragmented, with several regional and global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in research and development of advanced products in order to maintain their leading position. Companies make long-term supply contracts in order to maintain their position in the market.
Key players operating in the global ammonium sulfate market include:
- Amresco Inc.
- BASF SE
- Domo Chemicals
- Martin Midstream
- General Chemical
- GFS Chemicals Inc.
- Royal DSM Others
Global Ammonium Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Global Ammonium Sulfate Market, by Product Type
Global Ammonium Sulfate Market, by Application
- Food & Feed Additives
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.