Ammonium Sulfate Market
Ammonium Sulfate Market (Form: Solid and Liquid; and Application: Fertilizer, Additive [Pharma and Food], Water Treatment, and Flame Retardant) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 229 Pages
Companies Ensure Business Continuity in Fertilizer Supply during COVID-19 Pandemic
Although most companies are facing a slowdown in business activities, companies in the India ammonium sulfate market such as the Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Limited or FACT have administered record profit despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Such findings are grabbing the attention of Indian manufacturers who are increasing efforts to ensure business continuity in fertilizer supply and additive supply. As such, third wave of the pandemic in India is exposing the vulnerability of chemical companies.
Companies in the global ammonium sulfate market are continuously monitoring the coronavirus situation to swiftly adapt, owing to the volatile demand and supply. They are adopting financial flexibility by increasing focus in debt planning and taking advantage of short-term government waivers pertaining to repayment of loans.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Improved Ammonium Sulfate Formulations Help Sustainably Boost Crop Yield
The ammonium sulfate market is projected to reach the revenue of US$ 5.9 Bn by the end of 2031. However, there is a need to improve the efficiency of global land usage in order to sustain crop production for the ever-increasing global population. Evonik Industries AG - a stock-listed German specialty chemicals company is capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce blueSulfate®, which is helping to supplement the necessary sulfur levels and ammonium sulfate levels in the soil.
Manufacturers are innovating in dry and liquid formulations of ammonium sulfate to foster plant growth and increase crop yield through the creation of acidic soil. These formulations are also being used as animal feed additives.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Recognition by FDA Benefits Manufacturers Expanding Business in Food Additives
Apart from animal feed additives and fertilizers, chemical companies in the ammonium sulfate market are establishing stable revenue streams in the treatment of drinking water. SIEBTECHNIK TEMA - a specialist in the processing of mineral bulk solids is becoming known for its product portfolio for ammonium sulfate, which is being used in combination with chlorine for the treatment of drinking water to generate monochloramine for disinfection.
Ammonium sulfate is gaining popularity as an acid regulator in flours and breads. The recognition of the E517 food additive by the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the European Union are translating into business opportunities for manufacturers in the ammonium sulfate market. Manufacturers are focusing on reaction conditions to obtain crystal size ammonium sulfate, which is controlled by screening the particles to gain the desired size.
Vacuum Thermal Stripping Helps Produce Ammonium Sulfate Granules from Food Waste
Innovative production techniques, such as the vacuum absorption process, are being used by companies in the ammonium sulfate market to produce granules. This technique is necessary since ammonia is often accumulated to a level that inhibits methanogenesis in anaerobic digestion of protein-rich substrates such as dairy manure and food waste. Companies in the ammonium sulfate market are adopting vacuum thermal stripping, since it is being publicized as an acid absorption system, which allows for the recovery of ammonia from digestate.
Ammonia in digestate is being recovered by manufacturers in the ammonium sulfate market as a commodity in the form of ammonium sulfate granules.
Industrial Grade Ammonium Sulfate Acquires Prominence in Leather Industry
There is a growing demand for industrial grade ammonium sulfate. Chemicals company UBE Corporation Europe is using the caprolactam manufacturing process to produce crystalline ammonium sulfate used as a fertilizer and in industrial applications. Manufacturers in the ammonium sulfate market are bolstering their output capacities in industrial grade ammonium sulfate, which is highly soluble in water, has very low organic impurities and low heavy metal content.
Since industrial grade ammonium sulfate cannot be used in food and pharmaceutical applications, manufacturers in the ammonium sulfate market are boosting its usage in additives for the pulp & chipboard industry. The industrial grade ammonium sulfate is being used as a deliming agent in the leather industry.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ammonium Sulfate Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Robust supply chains and financial flexibility are helping companies in the ammonium sulfate market to stay afloat during the COVID-19 outbreak. The industrial grade ammonium sulfate is gaining prominence in additives for fire extinguishers and nitrifying agent for yeast culture. However, there is a need for formulations that improve global land usage and plant growth. Hence, companies should increase research in solid & liquid formulations that boost sulfur & ammonia levels in the soil, which increase global land usage and boost crop yield. Manufacturers are establishing stable income streams via fertilizers that help to lower the pH balance of soil whilst contributing essential nitrogen to plants for growth.
Ammonium Sulfate Market: Overview
- Ammonium sulfate is commonly used as fertilizer. It is obtained in solid as well as liquid form.
- Manufacturers of ammonium sulfate have increased their production capacity due to the growth of modern farming techniques. This has led to the expansion of the agriculture sector, as ammonium sulfate is extensively employed in agrochemicals including fertilizers. Several manufacturers of agrochemicals have invested significantly in expansion of their production facilities over the past few years. This is expected to propel the ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global ammonium sulfate market for the actual year 2020, and the forecast period 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of ammonium sulfate in applications such as fertilizer, water treatment, additive (pharma and food), and flame retardant is a key factor that is anticipated to boost the global ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global ammonium sulfate market is estimated to reach US$ 5.9 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Fertilizers for Better Crop Yield: Key Driver of Ammonium Sulfate Market
- The usage of ammonium sulfate in the agriculture industry has been rising significantly, especially in developed and developing economies such as the U.S., the U.K., India, and Japan. Growth of the industry can be ascribed to the rise in consumption of crops for food, animal feed, and fuel; and increase in government initiatives in growing markets such as India to encourage foreign investment in the local agriculture industry.
- Global population increased from 6.9 billion in 2010 to 7.8 billion in 2020. This rise in population is expected to result in less land available for agriculture and higher number of people to feed. Hence, the need to enhance agricultural output with the use of fertilizers from the limited available land is rising.
- Ammonium sulfate is one of the first and most widely used nitrogen (N) fertilizers for crop production, as it boosts crop growth and yield. Its high solubility provides versatility for a number of agricultural applications. Therefore, rise in demand for better yield crops in the agriculture industry is anticipated to propel the global ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period.
Increase in Demand for Food Additives to Drive Ammonium Sulfate Market
- The food industry plays a major role in the economic growth of a country. The global food industry has expanded significantly over the past decade. Rise in demand for food additives for stabilizing food in developed as well as developing countries is a key driver of the global food industry.
- Growth in urbanization, rise in disposable income of consumers, and increase in preference of diverse culinary styles have also contributed to the rise in demand for food additives. This is estimated to fuel the ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for food additives in the food industry in emerging economies such as China, India, Russia, Brazil, and South Africa is projected to augment the global ammonium sulfate in the near future.
Fertilizers Dominate Global Ammonium Sulfate Market
- In terms of application, the fertilizer segment held a major share of the global ammonium sulfate market in 2020. Ammonium sulfate is widely used as a fertilizer for rice and jute cultivation for achieving high yield. The fertilizer segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
- Other highly lucrative segments of the global ammonium sulfate market are additive (pharma and food) and water treatment
Ammonium Sulfate Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of ammonium sulfate have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global ammonium sulfate market are
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Honeywell International
- Domo Chemicals
- OCI Nitrogen
- Helm AG
- ArcelorMittal S.A.
- Ube Industries
- General Chemical
- Martin Midstream
Ammonium Sulfate Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of ammonium sulfate, such as Sumitomo Chemical, Ube Industries, and BASF SE are focusing on expansion of ammonium sulfate facilities, owing to rise in demand for ammonium sulfate in various applications. Prominent developments in the ammonium sulfate market across the globe are highlighted below:
- On October 5, 2020, Sumitomo Chemical announced its decision to close down a petroleum coke power station, and construct a high efficiency gas turbine power generator at Chiba Works (Ichihara City, Chiba, Japan) facility as part of its efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- On April 27, 2021, Evonik Industries AG launched a new product line of photopolymers for 3D printing applications. The company introduced products under the brand name INFINAM TI 3100 L and INFINAM ST 6100 L.
- On March 12, 2021, Ube Industries announced that it had agreed to jointly develop the supply of ammonia marine fuel and build fueling stations in Japan under a consortium of companies. The consortium members are Itochu Corporation, Itochu Enex Co., Ltd.), Ube Industries, and Uyeno Transtech Co., Ltd.
- In the global ammonium sulfate market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of ammonium sulfate. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global ammonium sulfate market.
Ammonium Sulfate Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global ammonium sulfate market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global ammonium sulfate market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global ammonium sulfate market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global ammonium sulfate market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global ammonium sulfate market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global ammonium sulfate market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global ammonium sulfate market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Ammonium Sulfate Market
The report provides detailed information about the global ammonium sulfate market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global ammonium sulfate market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global ammonium sulfate market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of ammonium sulfate?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global ammonium sulfate market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global ammonium sulfate market?
- Which segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global ammonium sulfate market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global ammonium sulfate market?
Research Methodology – Ammonium Sulfate Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global ammonium sulfate market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecast for the global ammonium sulfate market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global ammonium sulfate market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global ammonium sulfate market.
Ammonium Sulfate Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global ammonium sulfate market in terms of form, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global ammonium sulfate market.