Amino Acid Surfactants Market: Introduction
- Amino acid surfactants are widely used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications, owing to their low toxicity and rapid biodegradation. Other properties of amino acid surfactants include emulsification, dispersion, solvency, foaming/de-foaming, and lubricity of water-based compositions.
- Amino acid surfactants are employed as foaming and emulsifying agents in personal care products such as shampoos, body washes, and toothpastes
- Rapid industrialization, changing lifestyles of people, adoption of personal care products, and increase in penetration of FMCG products are some of the factors driving the demand for personal care products in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the amino acid surfactants market.
Key Drivers of Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- Personal care is an expanding and increasingly diverse industry. Its major products comprise toothpastes, mouth washes, hair care, and bathing and shaving products.
- Surfactants is the major ingredients segment of personal care products. Surfactants help increase the wetting and spreading properties of a liquid.
- Asia Pacific accounts for prominent share of the global personal care industry, due to rapid urbanization, increase in awareness about health and hygiene among consumers, population growth, and improved per capita expenditure
- Consumers in in China prefer one-step products supplemented by sheet masks, twice a day. Scalp freshener products are popular in Indonesia. Thus, growth of the personal care industry is expected to drive the amino acid surfactants market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Shampoo Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- In terms of revenue, the shampoo segment is estimated to account for significant share of the Amino Acid Surfactants Market during the forecast period. Amino acid surfactants are widely used in products such as body washes, hand soaps and cleaners, shaving products, hair shampoos, and oral care products in the personal care industry.
- Anionic surfactants are losing their share to cationic and amphoteric surfactants in personal care applications due to their harsh properties
- Bar soaps contain high levels of surfactants; these are expected to be replaced by liquid body washes, which contain cationic or amphoteric surfactants with milder nature
Rise in Consumer Awareness Regarding Usage of Synthetic Products to Hamper Market
- Amino acid surfactants can be manufactured using synthetic raw materials and oleo-chemicals. Surfactants obtained from synthetic sources impart toxic effects such as skin and eye irritation, neurotoxicity, and mutations in human beings upon prolonged usage.
- More than 16,000 studies on hazardous nature of surfactants obtained from synthetic raw materials have been published. Increase in concerns regarding the usage of synthetic products in food and nonfood applications is anticipated to hamper the demand for amino acid surfactants during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific accounted for significant share of the global amino acid surfactants market in 2018. The region is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to the rise in consumer awareness about the benefits of amino acid surfactants in skin care products. China was the leading consumer of amino acid surfactants in Asia Pacific in 2018, owing to the growth in consumer preference for amino acid surfactants in skin care products and increase in disposable income of the people in the country.
- Brazil is the leading consumer of amino acid surfactants in Latin America. It is estimated to continue its attractiveness during the forecast period due to the expansion in the beauty & personal care industry in the country. According to Shiseido Company, Brazil was the fourth largest consumer of personal care and cosmetics products in the world in 2018.
- Europe was also an important consumer of amino acid surfactants in 2018 due to the predominant personal care industry in the region. Amino acid surfactants are extensively manufactured in Germany. Various suppliers of amino acid surfactants operate in Italy, Spain, and France.
Key Players in Amino Acid Surfactants Market
Key players operating in the amino acid surfactants market include:
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Clariant AG
- Sino Lion Ltd.
- Miwon Commercial Co., Ltd.
- Zschimmer & Schwarz, Inc.
- Solvay SA
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Daito Kasei Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Berg Schmidt GmbH & Co. KG
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Type
- Glutamic Acid Based Surfactant
- Glycine Based Surfactant
- Sarcosine Based Surfactant
- Alanine Based Surfactant
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Application
- Shower Gel
- Facial Cleaner
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.