Amino Acid Surfactants Market: Introduction
- Amino acid surfactants are widely used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications, owing to their low toxicity and rapid biodegradation. Other properties of amino acid surfactants include emulsification, dispersion, solvency, foaming/de-foaming, and lubricity of water-based compositions.
- Amino acid surfactants are employed as foaming and emulsifying agents in personal care products such as shampoos, body washes, and toothpastes
- Rapid industrialization, changing lifestyles of people, adoption of personal care products, and increase in penetration of FMCG products are some of the factors driving the demand for personal care products in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the amino acid surfactants market.
Key Drivers of Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- Personal care is an expanding and increasingly diverse industry. Its major products comprise toothpastes, mouth washes, hair care, and bathing and shaving products.
- Surfactants is the major ingredients segment of personal care products. Surfactants help increase the wetting and spreading properties of a liquid.
- Asia Pacific accounts for prominent share of the global personal care industry, due to rapid urbanization, increase in awareness about health and hygiene among consumers, population growth, and improved per capita expenditure
- Consumers in in China prefer one-step products supplemented by sheet masks, twice a day. Scalp freshener products are popular in Indonesia. Thus, growth of the personal care industry is expected to drive the amino acid surfactants market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Shampoo Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- In terms of revenue, the shampoo segment is estimated to account for significant share of the Amino Acid Surfactants Market during the forecast period. Amino acid surfactants are widely used in products such as body washes, hand soaps and cleaners, shaving products, hair shampoos, and oral care products in the personal care industry.
- Anionic surfactants are losing their share to cationic and amphoteric surfactants in personal care applications due to their harsh properties
- Bar soaps contain high levels of surfactants; these are expected to be replaced by liquid body washes, which contain cationic or amphoteric surfactants with milder nature
Rise in Consumer Awareness Regarding Usage of Synthetic Products to Hamper Market
- Amino acid surfactants can be manufactured using synthetic raw materials and oleo-chemicals. Surfactants obtained from synthetic sources impart toxic effects such as skin and eye irritation, neurotoxicity, and mutations in human beings upon prolonged usage.
- More than 16,000 studies on hazardous nature of surfactants obtained from synthetic raw materials have been published. Increase in concerns regarding the usage of synthetic products in food and nonfood applications is anticipated to hamper the demand for amino acid surfactants during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific accounted for significant share of the global amino acid surfactants market in 2018. The region is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to the rise in consumer awareness about the benefits of amino acid surfactants in skin care products. China was the leading consumer of amino acid surfactants in Asia Pacific in 2018, owing to the growth in consumer preference for amino acid surfactants in skin care products and increase in disposable income of the people in the country.
- Brazil is the leading consumer of amino acid surfactants in Latin America. It is estimated to continue its attractiveness during the forecast period due to the expansion in the beauty & personal care industry in the country. According to Shiseido Company, Brazil was the fourth largest consumer of personal care and cosmetics products in the world in 2018.
- Europe was also an important consumer of amino acid surfactants in 2018 due to the predominant personal care industry in the region. Amino acid surfactants are extensively manufactured in Germany. Various suppliers of amino acid surfactants operate in Italy, Spain, and France.
Key Players in Amino Acid Surfactants Market
Key players operating in the amino acid surfactants market include:
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Clariant AG
- Sino Lion Ltd.
- Miwon Commercial Co., Ltd.
- Zschimmer & Schwarz, Inc.
- Solvay SA
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Daito Kasei Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Berg Schmidt GmbH & Co. KG
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Type
- Glutamic Acid Based Surfactant
- Glycine Based Surfactant
- Sarcosine Based Surfactant
- Alanine Based Surfactant
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Application
- Shower Gel
- Facial Cleaner
Global Amino Acid Surfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.