Ambulatory Mammography: Introduction
- The process of using a small dose of radiation to identify breast abnormalities is known as mammography. During the life span, about one out of every eight women globally is at danger of developing breast cancer and about one percent of all breast cancers occur in men.
- The regular breast self-exams and mammograms are helping to improve early diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Digital mammography, breast tomosynthesis, and computer-aided detection are the type of advanced mammography
- Full-field digital mammography (FFDM) or digital mammography, is a system in which the x-ray film is substituted by electronics that change x-rays into mammographic pictures of the breast. These images of the breast are moved to a computer for evaluation by the radiologist and long-term storage.
- Computer-aided detection methods search digitized mammographic pictures for irregular areas of mass, density, or calcification that may specify the presence of cancer
- Breast tomosynthesis, or digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT), is a progressive form of breast imaging where numerous images of the breast from various angles are taken and synthesized into a 3D image set.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ambulatory Mammography Market
High Incidence of Breast Cancer and Aging Demographics
- Breast cancer commonly occurs among women aged more than 40 years. According to a recent article published by the National Cancer Institute, U.S., reviewed on September 2018, 12.4% of women born in the U.S. are likely to develop breast cancer in their lifetime; i.e. 1 among 8 women would be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) statistics published in December 2018, 1.7 million i.e. 11.9% people have been diagnosed with breast cancer globally in 2017. Out of 184 countries in the world, breast cancer is frequently diagnosed in 140 countries. Incidence of breast cancer is higher in developed countries while the mortality rate is higher in developing and economically backward countries due to lack of early diagnosis and lack of availability of the necessary health care and treatment facilities.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Stringent Regulatory Approval Procedures
- Most of the technologies used in the mammography process involve the use of radioactive material. Any woman undergoing breast screening is directly exposed to potentially harmful radiations. Considering the health hazards of radiation exposure to the human body, it is important to maintain low dose of radioactive material to be administered to the patient during the screening procedure.
- International regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have shown high concerns about patient safety and that of medical technicians and other healthcare staff who are exposed to such equipment. In order to address this situation, stringent policies are being put up by regulatory authorities and similar other government agencies worldwide to ensure the product efficacy and safety, before it is commercialized.
- Maintaining patient and product safety while simultaneously complying with regulations of the regulatory authorities, is a difficult undertaking for new players willing to enter in the market. This often results in delay in final commercialization of the product and possibly increase the product cost to its users. Simultaneous availability of cheaper and older or refurbished versions of scanning tools may lead to holding back the growth of the ambulatory mammography market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Digital Mammography Systems Segment to Grow at Rapid Pace in Global Market
- In terms of product, the global ambulatory mammography market can be classified into analog mammography systems and digital mammography systems
- The digital mammography systems segment is expected to grow at significant growth rate during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increase in demand for technologically advanced mammography systems. Moreover, more educated consumers and buyers are fueling growth and acceptance of the digital mammography systems segment.
- Based on technology, the global ambulatory mammography market can be divided into 2-D mammography, 3-D mammography, and combined 2-D and 3-D mammography
Asia Pacific Ambulatory Mammography Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global ambulatory mammography market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America showed the highest demand for ambulatory mammography in 2018, followed by Europe. A highly developed healthcare infrastructure, higher acceptance ratios for newly developed technologies, and a high rate of awareness of breast cancer and available treatments and technologies favor North America in the ambulatory mammography market. Asia Pacific is expected to be a lucrative market for breast imaging due to rapidly increasing medical tourism industry in countries such as India and China. In spite of government initiatives, lack of awareness is the major factor that is restraining the growth of the ambulatory mammography market in the Middle East & Africa and Latin America.
Leading Players Operating in Global Ambulatory Mammography Market
The global ambulatory mammography market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global ambulatory mammography market are:
- Analogic Corporation
- BMI Biomedical International
- Carestream Health
- GE Healthcare
Global Ambulatory Mammography Market: Research Scope
Global Ambulatory Mammography Market, by Product
- Analog Mammography Systems
- Digital Mammography Systems
Global Ambulatory Mammography Market, by Technology
- 2-D Mammography
- 3-D Mammography
- Combined 2-D and 3-D Mammography
Global Ambulatory Mammography Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.