Aluminum-air Battery Market: Overview
- Aluminum-air battery generates electricity from the reaction of oxygen in the air with aluminum. It has one of the highest energy densities of all the batteries.
- When used in an electric vehicle, aluminum-air battery has the potential of up to eight times the range of lithium-ion battery with significantly lower total weight
- Aluminum-air battery does not use electricity to recharge. It is safe, has long life cycle and higher range, and is compact.
- Aluminum-air battery can be mechanically recharged with new aluminum anodes made from recycling hydrated aluminum oxide. The aluminum is used as an anode, while the oxygen in the air is used as cathode.
Key Drivers of Global Aluminum-air Battery Market
- The aluminum-air battery market has been expanding owing to the increase in demand for electrical vehicles across the globe in order to minimize the use of fossil fuels
- Easy availability of raw material, i.e. aluminum, in large quantities in the production of aluminum-air batteries is anticipated to boost the global aluminum-air battery market
- High cost of the anode and issues with corrosion of the aluminum anode due to carbon dioxide in air are estimated to hamper the global aluminum-air battery market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Aluminum-air Battery Market report
Aluminum-air Battery Market: Key Development
- On February 4, 2020, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., the largest commercial oil company in India, announced that it had entered into a partnership with Phinergy, an energy start-up, to develop and produce innovative metal-air batteries, a feasible solution for long-distance electric-vehicle travel. Phinergy specializes in aluminum-air (Al-air) and zinc-air technologies. The collaboration includes research & development, customization, manufacturing, assembly, and sale of energy systems.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Aluminum-air Battery Market
- Based on region, the global aluminum-air battery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global aluminum-air battery market in 2019, owing to the rise in demand for electrical vehicles in the region to reduce carbon emissions. The use of aluminum-air batteries in electric vehicles is likely to increase further in Europe, as these batteries are more efficient than lithium-ion batteries.
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global aluminum-air battery market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in electric vehicle networks. Furthermore, the usage of aluminum-air battery would help increase the travelling range of vehicles.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to be highly attractive during the forecast period. The region has started investing in the electric vehicles in order to reduce the dependence on the depleting fossil fuels.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Aluminum-air Battery Market
Key Players Operating in Aluminum-air Battery Market
Leading companies operating in the global aluminum-air battery market include:
- Xinjiang Joinworld Co.Ltd.
- China Dynamics
- Jiangxi Anyuan Aluminum & Electricity Co Ltd
- Nantong Zhongke Metal
Global Aluminum-air Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Aluminum-air Battery Market, by Type
- Primary Aluminum-Air Battery
- Mechanical Rechargeable Secondary Aluminum-Air Battery
Global Aluminum-air Battery Market, by Application
- Telecom Towers
- Consumer Electronics
Global Aluminum-air Battery Market, by End-user
Global Aluminum-air Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.