Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market (Form: Powder and Crystal; and End Use: Water Purification, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics, Food & Beverages, Textile, Paper, Agriculture, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Aluminum-based Adjuvants Hold Key to Developing Neutralizing Antibodies in COVID-19 Vaccines
Scientists are racing to develop efficacious COVID-19 (coronavirus) vaccines involving neutralizing antibodies that safely spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 in patients. In order to accomplish this, researchers are using aluminum-based adjuvants to develop COVID-19 vaccines. This is anticipated to create business opportunities for companies in the aluminum potassium sulfate market. The increasing number of animal and human trials hold promising potentials for using potassium alum in COVID-19 vaccines to achieve high levels of neutralizing antibodies.
Researchers are resorting to traditional vaccine approaches such as those used in the development of PiCoVacc and CoV-RBD219N1, which involve aluminum adjuvant formulations. It has been found that aluminum potassium sulfate promotes high titers of neutralizing antibodies in vaccines. Thus, aluminum formulations help to trigger inflammation and complement activation of protein spike in SARS-CoV-2. This is expected to drive the aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market
Potassium Alum Helps in Wastewater Treatment and Algae Control in Lakes
Aluminum potassium sulfate is being used as a food additive under the European food additive number E520. This compound is used to preserve candied cherries and liquid egg whites for egg foams. As such, potassium alum is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) in food applications as per the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Companies in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are increasing their production capabilities in developing firming agents and leavening acids used in pickling and sequestrants.
Water purification is another important application of aluminum potassium sulfate. There is a steady demand for potassium alum in drinking water and wastewater treatment applications. This helps to boost growth for the aluminum potassium sulfate market, which is predicted to surpass the revenue of US$ 70 Mn by the end of 2030. Potassium alum is now being used in lakes and ponds to remove phosphorus for algae control.
Sterilization Properties of Alum Formulations Highly Preferred in Hospital Pharmacies
Apart from wastewater treatment and food applications, companies in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are establishing revenue streams via pharmaceutical products. For instance, Focus Health Group— a pharmaceutical company based out of Tennessee, United States, is excited to announce the availability of Sterile Potassium Alum, which helps to cut down on tedious sterilization work in hospital pharmacies.
Alum is being used for routine application in hospital pharmacies. Potassium alum helps to replace the time-consuming filtration process in pharmacy compounding/IV departments of hospitals. Antimicrobial properties of alum are being highly publicized by manufacturers in the aluminum potassium sulfate market. Since potassium alum is a safe and a commercially-available eco-friendly inorganic compound, manufacturers are using it in preservation of fruits and vegetables. Growers and retailers of climacteric plants such as banana are preferring alum to prevent the fruit from rapid ripening. The preservation of seafood is another important application of aluminum potassium sulfate.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Long-term Exposure toward Alum Results in Skin Irritation and Mucous Membranes
Aluminum potassium sulfate, which is popularly known as alum, is being pervasively used in pickling and cosmetic applications such as deodorants. However, alum may cause skin irritation and mucous membranes on the skin. It is highly argued whether aluminum potassium sulfate causes lung damage. Hence, companies in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are increasing awareness among individuals to prevent long-term exposure for the compound in order to reduce adverse effects of alum.
Manufacturers in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are educating people about consulting Material Data Safety Sheets to minimize toxicity events in individuals. On the other hand, hydrangea is an innovative concept, which is growing popular in households where individuals wish to grow truly stunning flowers. Since these flowers are susceptible to harsh environmental conditions, people are using potassium alum to achieve flower color control.
Eco-friendliness of Potassium Alum Gaining Popularity in Mordants for Wool
Beberine is a cationic colorant, which is used as a natural dye for wool. Mordanting it with potassium alum, copper sulfate, and potassium dichromate before dyeing helps to increase the dye uptake and improve the fastness properties of colorants. Textile applications of alum are creating revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the aluminum potassium sulfate market, where peanut red skin colorant extract is being used in wool fabric by combining it with alum and ferrous sulfate as mordants. This helps to enhance the fastness properties of dyed fabrics toward rubbing, washing, and perspiring.
Alum, when combined with other mordants in wool fabric, results in minimal amount of mordants to be expelled into wastewater. This has emerged as an eco-friendly process to reduce environmental pollution caused by traditional chemical intermediaries.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market
Non-pollutant Petrol Fuels Demand for Potassium Alum to Reduce Exhaust Emissions
Periodontology is a rapidly growing sector in the aluminum potassium sulfate market, where alum is used to improve oral health of individuals. Alum is found to work against oral microbiota. Moreover, alum’s activity against normal oral flora and periodontal pathogens has significantly reduced the colonization ability of streptococci on enamel surfaces. On the other hand, the management of foot odor due to bacterial pathogens and fungal activity is being made possible with alum. Individuals are resorting to home remedies by preparing a topical powder of alum, chalcanthite, and clove to manage foot odor.
Potassium alum is playing a key role in the development of non-pollutant petrol and diesel, which helps to reduce exhaust emissions and provides more mileage in automobiles. Manufacturers in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are exploring growth prospects via non-pollutant petrol and diesel, which reduced auto ignition temperature and improves engine performance in vehicles.
The Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi has developed an alum-based sanitizer, which is a cost-efficient alternative to alcohol-based sanitizers during the coronavirus outbreak. The global aluminum potassium sulfate market is expected to grow at a sluggish CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. This is evident since the FDA claims that continued exposure to aluminum ions in the alum may result in negative health consequences such as skin irritation and lung damage. Hence, manufacturers in the aluminum potassium sulfate market are suggesting people to consult Material Data Safety Sheets to minimize toxicity events in individuals.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the aluminum potassium sulfate market is expected to cross US$ 70 Mn by 2030
- Rise in demand for aluminum potassium sulfate, owing to its wide usage in water purification and pharmaceutical applications, is anticipated to propel the global aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period
- Water purification is projected to be a highly lucrative application segment of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market in the near future
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 2.4 million deaths are caused by unsafe water and lack of sanitation each year. In 2017, 71% of the global population (5.3 billion people) used a safely managed drinking water service supplied by water & wastewater treatment plants globally. This clean water provided by water treatment plants was free from contamination. Such services provided by water treatment manufacturers are projected to drive the demand for aluminum potassium sulfate in water purification. In turn, this is likely to augment the global aluminum potassium sulfate market.
- Aluminum potassium sulfate is used in various cosmetic applications. It is used as lotion, cream, and gel in different cosmetics. It is also employed extensively in deodorants. Therefore, rise in demand for aluminum potassium sulfate in various cosmetic applications is expected to propel the aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period.
- Wide applicability of aluminum potassium sulfate in pharmaceutical application is anticipated to drive the aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period. The global pharmaceutical industry has been expanding significantly. According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the country’s domestic pharmaceutical market turnover reached US$ 20.03 Bn in 2019 from US$ 18.12 Bn in 2018, an increment of 9.8%. The Government of India is also taking initiatives to promote the pharmaceutical sector in the country. For instance, India plans to set up a nearly US$ 1.3 Bn fund to provide boost to companies to manufacture pharmaceutical ingredients domestically by 2023. Therefore, growth in the pharmaceutical sector is anticipated to propel the demand for antimicrobial agents such as aluminum potassium sulfate.
- Aluminum potassium sulfate is used as crystal deodorant. It is a type of alternative deodorant that exhibits antimicrobial properties. However, it carries various side effects. Consumers using crystal deodorants may sweat more than usual once they make the switch from an antiperspirant to crystal deodorant. The potential for increased body odor during this adjustment phase also exists. Additionally, crystal deodorants may cause rashes, itchiness, or irritation, especially if the skin is broken or recently shaved or waxed. Crystal deodorants can also cause allergic reactions such as inflammation, dryness, or redness. These side effects can lead to a negative impact on the health of consumers. This, in turn, is likely to restrain the aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market: Key Segments
- Based on form, the global aluminum potassium sulfate market has been bifurcated into powder and crystal
- Powder was a high-value form type segment of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The crystal segment has also been expanding at a significant pace since the past few years. The segment is estimated to expand considerably during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global aluminum potassium sulfate market has been divided into water purification, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food & beverages, textile, paper, agriculture, and others
- The water purification segment is estimated to dominate the global aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period. Aluminum potassium sulfate is used to clarify water by filtering the very fine suspended particles in a gel-like precipitate of aluminum hydroxide. A value of 0.2 mg/l of potassium sulfate in drinking water is recommended by the WHO based on esthetic consideration for decontamination of water.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market
- In terms of demand, China has been a lucrative country of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market. The country accounts for more than 60% share of the aluminum potassium sulfate market in Asia Pacific.
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period. The aluminum potassium sulfate market in India also expanded considerably in 2019. The country is anticipated to exhibit a lucrative trend for the market in the near future.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market: Competition Landscape
- Key manufacturers operating in the global aluminum potassium sulfate market include
- Imperial Chem Incorporation
- Baslini S.p.A.
- Vishnupriya Chemical Pvt. Ltd.
- Central Drug House
- Anmol Chemicals
- POWDER PACK CHEM
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable region for manufacturers of aluminum potassium sulfate in the near future?
- Which factors would hamper the global aluminum potassium sulfate market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market and arrive at conclusions on growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global aluminum potassium sulfate market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global aluminum potassium sulfate market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market more reliable and accurate.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Market Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global aluminum potassium sulfate market segments the market based on form, end use, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global aluminum potassium sulfate market have been discussed in detail.